+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

jot1988

Star Member
May 5, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
Thanks everyone:)
Wanna ask which address should I use to mail my passport?

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
dasammy said:
Has anyone who has submitted passport since June 1st, do you see the status as "in process" or is it still "application received"
Hi
My husband submitted the passport on March 6, and the status still shows "application received". I've heard or seen through this forum it can take upto 4 months to see your status change to "in process". We are still waiting as well :( Good luck to you!

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
Re: APPLIED IN DECEMBER 2011, STILL WAITING

CAPRWIFE said:
Yes MP means Member of Parliament.

Please find your local MP using your postal code in this link below. If possible send an email and meet them in person to get an update on your file.

Good Luck !
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC
Hi
I am so dissapointed! I contacted the MP in my area and the assistant said we cannot help you with anything as your application is still in processing times. I told her that all i need to tknow is what my status is as it has been 4 months and it still says application received. she said im sorry we cant help. pls contact CIC! this is soooooooo upsetting. i cant believe it!

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2012(in process 18jun2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012

easyspirit said:
Hi
I am so dissapointed! I contacted the MP in my area and the assistant said we cannot help you with anything as your application is still in processing times. I told her that all i need to tknow is what my status is as it has been 4 months and it still says application received. she said im sorry we cant help. pls contact CIC! this is soooooooo upsetting. i cant believe it!
Usually everyone who contacted the MP their MP's helped them out. Where do you live? May be try contacting some other areas MP. I don't know if you can do that but no harm in trying

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

easyspirit said:
Hi
That's really too bad; I feel for you. :( Some MPs and their staff are pretty accommodating but I guess you didn't luck out. Perhaps you could try your provincial MP next? Explain that your federal MP was unwilling to assist you, and you know you're still within the processing timelines, but you just want a status update because so much time has elapsed and this long wait with no communication, on top of the physical separation, is stressful for you and your spouse. Also you could mention specifically you don't want or expect help with expediting the visa decision. Did you apply for your GCMS notes too? I am planning to do mine tomorrow.

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011

amira_mais said:
That's really too bad; I feel for you. :( Some MPs and their staff are pretty accommodating but I guess you didn't luck out. Perhaps you could try your provincial MP next? Explain that your federal MP was unwilling to assist you, and you know you're still within the processing timelines, but you just want a status update because so much time has elapsed and this long wait with no communication, on top of the physical separation, is stressful for you and your spouse. Also you could mention specifically you don't want or expect help with expediting the visa decision. Did you apply for your GCMS notes too? I am planning to do mine tomorrow.
I know :( I felt terrible speaking with the assistant. And I did specify that. I told her I dont want to rush the case or anything, All i want to know is where I stand and if there is something needed to be done from my end? She kept saying no, sorry. I live in South Surrey/White Rock, BC. I am seriously so hurt. All I know is there will never be any votes for the Conservative Party. Yes we will now try for the other area MP, where my parents live.

How do you apply for GCMS notes? I did not even know about this. Thanks for your feedback!

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011

apks said:
Usually everyone who contacted the MP their MP's helped them out. Where do you live? May be try contacting some other areas MP. I don't know if you can do that but no harm in trying
Thanks apks. That's my next step. My dad will be contacting the MP in his area now. This is so disheartening. I had big hopes from the MP. I do want to ask though, does this further slown down my application? If the MP, myself or my lawyer contact to find out the status? I have heard this from many people including the MPs assistant, who did not want to help me!

kham6490

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-15-2012
Passport Req..
22-05-2012- Received by ND on 23-05-2012-In Process-06-15-2012

amira_mais said:
Hey Amira,

If you apply for GCMS notes let me know? I would like to know how the process works. Thanks!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

easyspirit said:
I know :( I felt terrible speaking with the assistant. And I did specify that. I told her I dont want to rush the case or anything, All i want to know is where I stand and if there is something needed to be done from my end? She kept saying no, sorry. I live in South Surrey/White Rock, BC. I am seriously so hurt. All I know is there will never be any votes for the Conservative Party. Yes we will now try for the other area MP, where my parents live.

How do you apply for GCMS notes? I did not even know about this. Thanks for your feedback!
Well, forget your stupid MP, let's hope your parents' MP is good for something :) If not, you could also approach your provincial MP (MPP).

Regarding GCMS notes, I applied for them when my husband (then fiance) was denied a visit visa last year and I found it useful to see the officer's reasoning. The official refusal letter wasn't specific but the GCMS notes showed more of the rationale.

The notes for the PR application could be a bit harder to interpret as it contains some codes, but the summary will be understandable. It will look something like this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit?pli=1

ashu did a great job of explaining how to apply for the notes and how to fill out the forms, so I'm giving myself permission to copy his excellent work :D

Step by step:

Print off IMM 5563 (05-2012) E - Access to Information and Personal Information Request:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

Section A:
1. Access to Information Act
2. English/French (your choice)
3. Email (fastest way)
4. No (because the applicant does not live in Canada you cannot request on your own, your spouse will have to officially request for you)

Section B:
This section is for the applicant to fill out.
Family Name (Last Name)
Given Name(s) (First Name/Middle Name)
DOB
Electronic Files - Status of an Applicaation - File Number (you would get this from the AOR or sponsor approval, ours started with an 'F') -
Location (in your case its New Delhi, India)
DO NOT fill out the Immigration File in Canada section or the next section down that says Physical File unless you really want those docs as well. If you do, the file will be pulled and could delay your processing until it's returned.

Section C:
This section your spouse that lives in Canada will fill out:
Tick the box "this request is submitted by a Canadian Citizian or PR"
Mr. Mrs. Ms
Family Name (Last Name)
Given Name(s) (First Name/Middle Name)
Full Address
Phone Number
Email
Requester's Signature: your spouse to sign and date

NOW:

Print off IMM 5475(12-2004) E - Authority to Release Personal Information To A Designated Individual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Choose One:
Tick off the first box "i authorize"
Questions 1-4 are for you, the principal applicant to fill out
1. Family Name and Given Name
2. DOB
3. Name of Office: Canadian High Commission -- Location of Office: New Delhi, India
4. File Number and Client ID (UCI)

Questions 5-6 are for your spouse, the Canadian citizian or PR to fill out
5. Family Name and Given Name
6. Address, Phone and Email (make sure to use the same email that you provided when you first submitted the application)

7. Principal Applicant to sign and date/Sponsor to sign and date

I filled the forms out and then scanned them to my husband to sign, then scanned them again and emailed them, the email address is at the bottom of form IMM-5563

Lastly, pay the $5 online http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. Print the receipt and fill it out with your sponsors information, and email all 4 pages to ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca.
Alternatively write a $5 personal cheque to the Receiver General of Canada and mail the pages to Access to Information and Privacy Division, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1L1

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kham6490 said:
Hey Amira,

If you apply for GCMS notes let me know? I would like to know how the process works. Thanks!
Hi there, see above :) I believe it normally takes 30 days but sometimes less.

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
Hi there,

I think I need some help from some senior members here,

I am the sponsor for my husband who is in India,
Application was received by CIC M on 21st of June
Sponsor approval was received today June 26th.
a)I need to know how long does it take them to transfer the file from Canada to New Delhi
b) When I log in to ecas it still show my citizenship information nothing to do with my hubby's sponsor

kham6490

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-15-2012
Passport Req..
22-05-2012- Received by ND on 23-05-2012-In Process-06-15-2012

amira_mais said:
Hi there, see above :) I believe it normally takes 30 days but sometimes less.
Thanks you rock! I am getting anxious as well (however I know I have to be patient), do you think it has a negative effect on the file? Are you applying for sure? Let me know once you do...Thanks

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
Hey All,

We got the approval letter on May 23 2012 notifying us that the file has been transferred to ND VO. However, we have not gotten any PPR. Looking at most people's timeline here it appears the average is about 2-3 weeks for one to receive a PPR.

It is the fifth week for us with no PPR.... Has anyone here experienced this?!? Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

nancy...

Jun 17, 2012
mountain_pirate said:
Does your ecas says 'In Process?' I was approved as a sponsor on April 5 (Applied Jan 19), and we haven't gotten a PPR yet, but our application shows started processing on May 5th.

Is your mailing address in India? If not, they wait a while before asking for PP.
Hi.. Thanks for reply... no its still not in process... And yeah we do have a representative and his address mailing address is in canada... do you think its because of that...

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
Hi,

My wife has filed our sponsor application from Canada through a Lawyer on May 22, 2012, as per his information.

We are not sure whether CPC-M has received our files, could anyone tell me how long would it take the CPC-M to give us the notification that they have received our files and how we can check the dates?

Adding to the above, am from India. My VO will be ND.. please include my name in this spreadsheet..

Application sent to CPC-M: May 22, 2012
Med's Done : December 13. 2011
Approval ( Stage 1 ) : waiting

My PCC got expired on April 18, 2012. will the CIC ask me to take a new PCC ?

Thanks.