+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Yeah, now they just email.
This is way quicker than the regular snail mail.

image6000 said:
All,

Is it correct that New Delhi does not send PPR request via mail any more if we have put down our email address on application form ?

Really appreciate if some one can help us with this.

Thanks

draft65

May 14, 2012
Hello, I am new here ...and need some advice please! :)

I am an immigrant in Canada and planning to marry my fiance from India by end of this year or Jan 2013. I will be visiting India in August this year - but we are not getting married. I would like to know how she can come here sooner? As in, if we get married in Jan 2013, is there some way she can come with me in January itself? Sorry, if the Question is stupid.

I have heard following stuff from different sources:
# Spouse PR processing would take about 6-8 months (source: cic processing time) - and that would mean that she would come to Canada sometime later in 2013... well, thats a long wait.
# Is visitor visa an option? Is it possible to get a visitor visa? what are the conditions of this visa? and for how long is it valid?
# study visa? can she come for studies to Canada while her immigration papers are being processed (assuming we apply for spouse sponsership in Mississauga office after the wedding)?

Please advice! If Spouse Visa is the only advice - then we will wait. I just thought I would ask if there is some other option out there..

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draft65 said:

I am an immigrant in Canada and planning to marry my fiance from India by end of this year or Jan 2013. I will be visiting India in August this year - but we are not getting married. I would like to know how she can come here sooner? As in, if we get married in Jan 2013, is there some way she can come with me in January itself? Sorry, if the Question is stupid.

# Spouse PR processing would take about 6-8 months (source: cic processing time) - and that would mean that she would come to Canada sometime later in 2013... well, thats a long wait.
# Is visitor visa an option? Is it possible to get a visitor visa? what are the conditions of this visa? and for how long is it valid?
# study visa? can she come for studies to Canada while her immigration papers are being processed (assuming we apply for spouse sponsership in Mississauga office after the wedding)?

Please advice! If Spouse Visa is the only advice - then we will wait. I just thought I would ask if there is some other option out there..
First, congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Unfortunately it's very tough for an Indian citizen to be allowed to enter Canada if she is engaged or married to a Canadian or PR. So my advice would be: apply for the visit visa or study permit first, then file the spousal application.

Hard to say how long the visit visa would be valid - maybe a few months. If she doesn't appear to have strong ties to India (job, school, family, property), she'll be denied. That being said, if she does get a visit visa, you can then file the spousal application and use that as justification for requesting an extension before her visit visa expires. However, the big drawback to this is that when she gets the passport request and/or if she is called to an interview, she'll have to return to India anyway.

Similarly for a study permit, she may be denied once it's known that she is engaged or married to a PR. Remember also that international student fees are very high and it's a long process to apply to a Canadian program, get accepted, then apply for the permit and see if she's approved. If she intends to study here anyway, then it may be a worthwhile option.

So weigh all the options and see what makes the most sense. Good luck to you both!

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
Yes! They'll send via email incase you have mentioned your email I'd

image6000 said:
All,

Is it correct that New Delhi does not send PPR request via mail any more if we have put down our email address on application form ?

Really appreciate if some one can help us with this.

Thanks

bpatelravi

May 25, 2012
hello, what if i fail interview in new delhi? what happens? i cant live without my wife? our marriage is geniun and we love each other like crazy..

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Australia to New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
CanadiansWife said:
Thank you @ SBDelhi, @ San. I would like to give a shout out to other members on here who have helped me throughout this entire journey of this immigration process! It has been tough, few laughs, tears, and stress, headaches!!! All the best to you guys- @ Gwal -I really hope you get your visa soon, @ Yug- I also hope you get your visa next in line, same time as Gwal, @ Aman (She got her visa a long time back- was a Senior on here), @ Shamsia, @ Srinivas, @ SivaTheGreat (your jokes are missed on here), @ Singhston, @ KuKu, @ NewDelhi (Where have you been!), @ Jasvarun, @ FPrince, @ MaplesDreams, @ Karish, @ Vengat (Thank you for keeping the timeline intact :) ) @ ps3Playa, @ Sunrise (thanks for the passport mail info).

And everyone else who I stayed in contact with during this process! Thank YOU! (sorry if I left everyone out... there's a huge list lol).

I have started packing, but I won't be leaving until end of June.
Congrats on your visa and wish u luck with future and family reunification!!

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
how far apart are the bring forward dates usually? my first 1st one was on may 9th.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
draft65 said:

You should get married as soon as possible when you go to India in August in the presence of all family (from both sides) and friends and then file your application soon after that. Your wife will be able to come to Canada earlier as PR next year. If you wait to get married in January, it is VERY difficult (99% rate rejection) to get a visitor visa for your wife since you are a permanent resident. Even if your wife proves her family and work or school ties to India, it will not help much in getting tourist visa and it will still probably be denied. Tourist visa is valid for 6 months if you manage to get it. It can also be difficult and a long process to get study visa if you have a spouse in Canada. I would advise you to apply for PR only. During the whole processing, however, you (sponsor) MUST stay in Canada, since you are PR not citizen. If you apply for both study and spouse visa at around same time, they might think you have conflicting intentions and want to go to Canada for other reasons besides being with your spouse.
hope this helps and good luck! :)

bpatelravi

May 25, 2012
hello, what if i fail interview in new delhi? what happens? i cant live without my wife? our marriage is geniun and we love each other like crazy..

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
if your relationship is Genuine then trust me they will not refuse your application. In case they refuse it then you can appeal against it with valid reasons. Till the time you appeal, you could ask your partner to come and live with you. .
Hope for the best buddy, you will get Visa!!

All the very best!!

bpatelravi said:

bpatelravi

May 25, 2012
i just call my wife and i told her to stay here with me in india for one more month and shes coming... thanxz for advise.. i hope i get success in this.. because my wife cant live here and i cant live without her.. even we are planning to have kids together now... thanks for the advise A'bad.

welkin16

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
Mid march -2012...my husband received it in Canada
Med's Done....
Before application was sent..
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
Hello Guys...

Updates....
I got updates on my ecas,,,,,it says DECISION MADE...

I am trembling with fear.....its a relief that decision has been made....but since I have no idea what it would be I am scared....

I hope it is a positive one.....

I checked my ecas at the mid night yesterday....pass midnight, I must say...and it was not updated....but after probably 6 hrs...I checked again and there was an update......

By the way....no address is shown in my ecas.....some said canadian address is updated....none....is it a bad sign????

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
welkin16 said:
Hello Guys...

Updates....
I got updates on my ecas,,,,,it says DECISION MADE...

I am trembling with fear.....its a relief that decision has been made....but since I have no idea what it would be I am scared....

I hope it is a positive one.....

I checked my ecas at the mid night yesterday....pass midnight, I must say...and it was not updated....but after probably 6 hrs...I checked again and there was an update......

By the way....no address is shown in my ecas.....some said canadian address is updated....none....is it a bad sign????
congrats :)

btw when did they start processing on your file ?

congrats once again :)

welkin16

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
Mid march -2012...my husband received it in Canada
Med's Done....
Before application was sent..
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
rv_maria said:
congrats :)

btw when did they start processing on your file ?

congrats once again :)
They started processing my file on May 5, and last week a visa officer( I believe) wrote to me asking for me to send my address in Nepal, India or Bhutan, since I am in US....which I did....so now it has changed to decision made..... little worried.....and thanks.....

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
bpatelravi said:
i just call my wife and i told her to stay here with me in india for one more month and shes coming... thanxz for advise.. i hope i get success in this.. because my wife cant live here and i cant live without her.. even we are planning to have kids together now... thanks for the advise A'bad.
In view of CIC rules having child proves only 25% of the genuine relationship and rest there is a big check list which we have to prove the relationship is genuine and I suggest kindly start gathering all the proofs before submission of your application.

PS : I have witnessed there are so many rejection cases where the couple having child and in some cases CIC has requested DNA report of the child which leads to extensive delay.

Wishing you good luck.