+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
hey meds last for a year not 6 months...relax...try to go down even if its for just 5 days or a week...just do it

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Re: Home alone

I'm a die hard oiler too. we're building a good team.

As for the medicals they are good for a year. Don't stress too much, ur wife has a very high chance of getting the visa. Spousal sponsorship has the highest success rate. If work permits take a week or 2 off and go down there. I went down there once for less than a week.

HNIC said:
She did her medicals on Oct.2nd 2011 and and application received in Missisauga on Oct 21. The sponsorship was approved on Feb 9th and sent to DELHI on 9th.
BTW I am an avid Oiler fan. Yeah they doing suck just like this visa process. I wonder if i can bring her for visitor deal. I can't wait this long. It has been a long winter in hockey wise and life wise lol

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandapenda said:
hey meds last for a year not 6 months...relax...try to go down even if its for just 5 days or a week...just do it
its been 60days no address on ECAS, no updates either!!!!!!!
NOT understanding New delhi processing system :mad: :mad: :mad:
medical expired 3months ago+ its gonna be an year soon for my application with ND,,,,.
only god knows when i m gonna get DM!!!!!!!!!

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Hey, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's really good news that you got your DM very soon. Infact best news is that you will be with your partner very soon!! So happy for you!!!

I thing December Applicants applications are moving very quickly cause we applied in April 2011 and only last week i came to know that i have been invited for an Interview. So let see !!!!!!

Congratulations once again!!

ksunny said:
Hi guys!!!

Just checked my E-Cas and it says DECISION MADE!!! I can't believe I have a decision made in 87 days

The only odd part is that when I click on the status, it still says:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on December 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 16, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

But it doesn't say anything about we have made a decision about your application and the mailing thing that everyone else sees. Has that happened to anyone else??

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsored Spouses, Partners, and Children

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date on which the application is accepted by Case Processing Centre - Mississauga.

Please note that we do not send an Acknowledgement of Receipt for sponsored spouse, partner, and child applications, given that they are processed very quickly. You can check the status of your case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status.

After your application is received, it proceeds directly to a review. Once the review is completed, we will contact you to advise the results of the review and any next steps you need to take. If your address or contact information changes during processing, you must inform this office in writing.

Actual processing times in New Delhi for sponsored spouse and partner applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months. Processing times for sponsored dependent children.

If your case is within the 6-month processing standard, we will not respond to any case status enquiries.

Other Members of the Family Class

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date the application is received by the New Delhi visa office.

If you are a sponsored parent or grandparent, you will receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt within 3 months of submitting your application. Other members of the Family Class will receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt within 12 months. This letter will include your unique file number.

Your application will be placed in a queue awaiting review. Once it has been reviewed, our office will contact you directly to advise the results of the review and any next steps. If your address or contact information changes during processing, you must inform this office by mail or fax. Please include your file number in all correspondence.

Actual processing times in New Delhi for applications from sponsored parents and grandparents for the last 12 months and other members of the Family Class. You can also check the status of your case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application

Status.http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/family_class-regroupement_familial.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Hello Friends,

I have got Interview in 15 days, could someone please provide me the Questionnaires??

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
abad.vs said:
Hello Friends,

I have got Interview in 15 days, could someone please provide me the Questionnaires??
Hey there, all the very best for the interview. Please check if this site is working, it has a comprehensive list of questions that are likely to be asked at the interview. http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/documents/immi/interview_S_F_class.pdf

CanVan99

Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE????

So, here is my story. I applied PR visa for my spouse who is in India now. We applied in September but did not get any information after the PPR in December. So we applied for the GCM notes and got the same last week. We found the concerns of the officer. They needed more proof for our continued relationship and also recommended for interview.

We sent all the proofs. (photos, emails, chats) to the ND office. It was received there on Monday.

What can I expect now? and when can I expect some info from ND regarding my case.

Can anyone let me know please?

Thanks in advance.

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
CanVan99 said:
ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE????

So, here is my story. I applied PR visa for my spouse who is in India now. We applied in September but did not get any information after the PPR in December. So we applied for the GCM notes and got the same last week. We found the concerns of the officer. They needed more proof for our continued relationship and also recommended for interview.

We sent all the proofs. (photos, emails, chats) to the ND office. It was received there on Monday.

What can I expect now? and when can I expect some info from ND regarding my case.

Thanks in advance.
When you first submitted the application, did you sent in the photos/emails/chat logs since the wedding along with the application?

Just wondering because they say they needed more proof, how much was originally sent?

Also, how long did the GCM notes take to arrive since the request?

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Arjun3 said:
When you first submitted the application, did you sent in the photos/emails/chat logs since the wedding along with the application?

Just wondering because they say they needed more proof, how much was originally sent?

Also, how long did the GCM notes take to arrive since the request?
Hi all
My story is similar, I got PPR on feb 14th then on 19th feb, I got a request to send more photos of wedding, we did so, but no response yet. getting little worried coz I purchased the ticket for may 1st. :(

BTW what is GCM notes??

sumant

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-9-2011
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-8-2011
Interview........
20-6-2012 IN PROCESS 23-6-2012
Passport Req..
20-1-2012
CanVan99 said:
ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE????

Thanks in advance.
hiii there...
i hv done same thing like u....sent recent communications proofs to nd...received on monday there...
but i hv done it without nd request...just to update my case...lets c what ll they do?
actually m worried coz there s still application received on my ecas since december....
hope v all hear gud news in comin month...all d best to all...

Doctor2011

Mar 27, 2012
CanVan99 said:
ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE????

Thanks in advance.
Hi...same story here...applied in august n ppr in december.no info since then.not even reply to case status enquiry..Would like to know what is GCM notes?
Can anyone reply to my query?
Thanx...

ajith111

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Done....
01-06-2012
Interview........
DONT KNOW
Passport Req..
02-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Doctor2011 said:
Hi...same story here...applied in august n ppr in december.no info since then.not even reply to case status enquiry..Would like to know what is GCM notes?
Thanx...
GCM notes or CAIPS info:

CAIPS, for the uninitiated, stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System, the software used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canadian diplomatic missions to track visa applications.

To obtain your CAIPS notes, you do need to know someone living in Canada, either a citizen or a permanent resident, who will be willing to mail the request for you. If you already in Canada, you can however send in the application yourself.

A Canadian citizen living abroad can also send in the application on your behalf, but there is a C$5 fee in this situation.

(Note: An In-Canada applicant can also obtain their FOSS notes using the same procedure as detailed here).

First off, you need to download the application form. You will find this at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

The form is pretty straightforward, with explanations on what needs to be provided. You will need to fill in your file number (usually starts with a “B”, “V”, “E” or an “S”), the embassy where you applied (e.g. Buffalo or New Delhi), and the address in Canada.

If you do not know your file number, you can indicate this in the form, though there may be a delay in you getting your CAIPS notes.

You need to provide a Consent Letter, authorizing release of the information to the person applying on your behalf, who will also have to write a Formal Request letter asking for the CAIPS notes. A copy of that person's passport or other document proving legal residency in Canada also needs to be attached.

All the papers then need to be mailed to this address:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Alternately, you can fax all the papers to CIC at 1-613-957-6517, though some applicants say there have been delays when using this method.

Standard processing time is under a month. However if there is a long delay in getting a response, you can call the CIC at 1-613-957-6512 for a follow-up.

ajith111

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Done....
01-06-2012
Interview........
DONT KNOW
Passport Req..
02-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Doctor2011 said:
Thanx...
Same with me too. No information at all. I dont know what is ND doing with our cases. I sent a CSE once and they said that I may be called for an interview but after that no updates at all. Its very frustrating to wait like this.

comfortably numb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
9 march 2012
vir_ajay said:
hei dude how you doing!!!!

how is life in Canada...
life is ok. wife is here now so a lil different but essentially the same :)
same study and books
where are u in the process chain ?