+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
interview call at this stage.......v rare
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-2010-t45583.18255.html
check this link n ur inbox

abad.vs said:
HI Friends,

I got a Interview Call from New Delhi.

Friends, Please help me on this.
Why ND asked me to come for an interview?? Does it mean they have got many doubts??

Please advice

Dreamsca

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
Med's Done....
05/05/11
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
abad.vs said:
Do you have any idea normally what they check in background checks?? as in what sort of checking they do??
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
HI Singh,

THank you very much for your response and i'm definitely not afraid at all as we have not done anything wrong or not mentioned anything wrong in our Application.

HI Friends,

Whatever mentioned in our application was absolutely correct. I know the reason why they scheduled Interview, cause my wife went back to Canada exact after one day of our Wedding that's why they might be the reason for an Interview.

Could you please tell me what would be the next step after Interview and how long time it will take after clearing Interview?

Thanks

Singh1212 said:
Hello abad,

Its good,you r waiting from long time that about ur application that what going on.
now it is better way way ,you have to give the correct information to immigration about your marriage case and ur travel historydo not worry and do not afraid.
u r lucky at least they opened ur file and after interview ,sure DM is positive in your way.
give the intervew with the brave heart
do not afraid.
u will give correct information.
.if you want to know what they ask in interview,I can help you

singh1212

Singh1212

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2011
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Dec 17,2011
Med's Done....
SEP 22,2011
Passport Req..
Feb 14,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM
LANDED..........
Hopfully in July
abad.vs said:
HI Singh,

THank you very much for your response and i'm definitely not afraid at all as we have not done anything wrong or not mentioned anything wrong in our Application.

HI Friends,

Whatever mentioned in our application was absolutely correct. I know the reason why they scheduled Interview, cause my wife went back to Canada exact after one day of our Wedding that's why they might be the reason for an Interview.

Could you please tell me what would be the next step after Interview and how long time it will take after clearing Interview?

Thanks
abad,ur wife just stay only one day after wedding?

you have to give the reson why she went back to canada after one day of wedding.

bring phone bills,emails,chat log, with you.

you have to satisfy visa officer about ur relationship, and if u satisfy them then they will not return ur pasport and after in 21 days ,u will gget ur visa on ur door

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Singh1212 said:
abad,ur wife just stay only one day after wedding?

you have to give the reson why she went back to canada after one day of wedding.

bring phone bills,emails,chat log, with you.

you have to satisfy visa officer about ur relationship, and if u satisfy them then they will not return ur pasport and after in 21 days ,u will gget ur visa on ur door
Wedding was not pre-planned, We met and things moved very fast for ours that's why we didn't had enough time and also Wife got her work committements too which she cannot avoid it.

And yes, we do have many records of phone calls, chatting, emails, facebook chats and soo many which i can show them.

So you saying that if Interview goes well then i will get visa within 21 days time???

Singh1212

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2011
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Dec 17,2011
Med's Done....
SEP 22,2011
Passport Req..
Feb 14,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM
LANDED..........
Hopfully in July
abad.vs said:
Wedding was not pre-planned, We met and things moved very fast for ours that's why we didn't had enough time and also Wife got her work committements too which she cannot avoid it.

And yes, we do have many records of phone calls, chatting, emails, facebook chats and soo many which i can show them.

So you saying that if Interview goes well then i will get visa within 21 days time???
good,if u have stuff like email,facebook,,phne bills etc.
yes,if interview goes well,,u will visa in 21 days.sure DM.

when u interview?

sunrise9

Jan 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 5, 2012
AOR Received.
Feb 16, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 21, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Mar 09, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 10, 2012
abad.vs said:

Hi abad.vs,
On what date is your interview scheduled? Best of luck for the interview.

Thanks!

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
ksunny said:
Looks like ND has been issueing visa's faster lately but that may be due to several factors.
Can you please say what several factors? I am just wondering if around this time of every year they always issue visa faster, or maybe in the last few months they improved the process and have been issuing the visa faster?

ajith111

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Done....
01-06-2012
Interview........
DONT KNOW
Passport Req..
02-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
abad.vs said:
HI Friends,

I got a Interview Call from New Delhi.

Friends, Please help me on this.
Why ND asked me to come for an interview?? Does it mean they have got many doubts??

Please advice
Hi Abad,

If you have time, please apply for the GCM notes and you will know why they are calling you for the interview. It will give you an opportunity to prepare well for the interview.

It takes 30 days to get the GCM notes. So if your interview is after a month, then go ahead and apply for the GCM notes. It only costs $5 and you can do it online. Hope this helps you.

Cricket365

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Currently in Toronto
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
transfered to ND on 27th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
September, 2011
Interview........
31st July 2012
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
abad.vs said:

Hey Abad, My friend could you please share your story in short. If you had shared it before then sorry I missed it. ND asks for interview if they have any doubt which stopping them to believe the genuineness of the relationship. So I think it is good that they asked you for the interview so that you can get your full chance to clear the mist before them.

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
Arjun3 said:
Can you please say what several factors? I am just wondering if around this time of every year they always issue visa faster, or maybe in the last few months they improved the process and have been issuing the visa faster?
Well it's just me making theories because I have nothing better to do whilst waiting. Although the government denies it, each year they set the number of immigrants they will allow into Canada per category (i.e. family, work permit, visitor). When these levels are set (usually in November), they are given to the different offices and that's when they speed up--right now, I think it's the beginning of their first quarter, which will end in April. They have 4 quarters a year and generally the last quarter will be the slowest because they have reached their maximum's of entry allowed to Canada and so they have to send requests to Ottawa to go over limit which is why it may take longer. This is all speculation, please don't take this as the hard truth--no one really knows except those working there or the government. This just passes my time...

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
ksunny, thats a good guess. unfortunately, its the gov't so its the other way around. Fed gov't fiscal year is from april to march. this is their last quarter and this is where they make up for overall quota as well as individual visa offices targerts. year after year its Q4 where you start seeing visas being issued within 4 months. first quarter is always the slowest. With law of averages the yearly performance stays on par to issue 80% of spouse/partner visas within 6 months.

In october/november they set targets for the following year. I think for this year the spouse/partner quota is set a little lower for overseas visa offices. For 2011 it was 45000 to 48000 and they actually reached over 85% of it by end of Q3 (issued over 41000 visas).

if you like numbers you can get any kind of stats or quarterly report from the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/index.asp

2012 projected targets
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/operational.asp

ksunny said:
Well it's just me making theories because I have nothing better to do whilst waiting. Although the government denies it, each year they set the number of immigrants they will allow into Canada per category (i.e. family, work permit, visitor). When these levels are set (usually in November), they are given to the different offices and that's when they speed up--right now, I think it's the beginning of their first quarter, which will end in April. They have 4 quarters a year and generally the last quarter will be the slowest because they have reached their maximum's of entry allowed to Canada and so they have to send requests to Ottawa to go over limit which is why it may take longer. This is all speculation, please don't take this as the hard truth--no one really knows except those working there or the government. This just passes my time...

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
singhson said:
year after year its Q4 where you start seeing visas being issued within 4 months. first quarter is always the slowest. With law of averages the yearly performance stays on par to issue 80% of spouse/partner visas within 6 months.
My application is going to be transfered to visa office in the Q1, ouch :-X

So I guess I should expect to add a month or two to the average processing time we see on the spreadsheet lately.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
don't think it that way. just go by the original processing time of 6 months from when ND gets its application. it will help ease the frustration and anxiety.
92% of spouse/partners cases get visas issued as per NDs Stats/performance. so u got nothing to worry about.

Arjun3 said:
My application is going to be transfered to visa office in the Q1, ouch :-X

So I guess I should expect to add a month or two to the average processing time we see on the spreadsheet lately.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
hey abad you got nothing to worry about. since your relationship didn;t had any past history and you got married so suddenly CIC wants to rule out this marriage isn't for convenience. take your communication proofs like phone records, important email conversations and any gift receipts. you can take wedding photos as well or in my brother in law's case his wife took the whole album...lol. if you don;t have any questionable past history, then your interview will be over in 15 minutes. they just want to know how you guys decided to get married so soon and why she left the very next day. they might even ask something very personal like whether your marriage was consummated. You can get the ATIP notes but I don’t think they will offer much help in a straight forward case unless you have some questionable history. If its straight forward the notes will read something like, “VO questions or has doubts about genuineness of the marriage recommends an interview”

last year when my brother in law came for our wedding, 2 weeks later he ended up getting married too. without any previous relationship history, we knew his wife will get called in for an interview. they asked her basic questions and looked at their phone/skype records and 15 minutes later the officer congratulated her and told her to expect visa in a week (though its a different story visa officer not supposed to say things like that). they applied at end of May last year, interview was on nov 1st visa issued nov 7th.

abad.vs said:
HI Singh,

HI Friends,

Thanks