+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
it depends on what you wrote down as your mailing address. if you recall on the application they ask for permanent address and the current mailing address, if the latter is address in india than they will mail the letter there unless in the application you checked off communication via email. the letter they send is regular post so mail man will probably just drop it in the mailbox.

Cricket365 said:
Thanks for your reply Singhson,

Actually currently I m in Toronto, so once I will get the letter I have to fly to India. So I was asking for the time limit.
Do you know how they are going to send the PPR is it by mail to home address or by email. If it will be to my Indian address then currently no-body is there to receive that letter.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
hey abad don't worry about it. these are generic emails. the visa officer doesn't review the applications until all the documents and obligations, like background check, have been completed. also consider yourself lucky for getting 2 responses back within 2 months span typically thats rare as well. once they have all the required docs it only takes days for VO to review and make a decision.

abad.vs said:
Hi guys,
Please see below two emails which i have received from Embassy,

1) - Received in January (2012)

Under Canada's immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications.

2) Received in March (2012)

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Your application is currently awaiting review by a visa officer. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

Could you please advice from your experience what would be the next step??? Would it be good sign or bad sign??

Thanks

abad.vs

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 30, 2011
Interview........
April 16, 2012
Passport Req..
August 28, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2012 :D :D
Hey singhson,

What do you think??

and what would be the next step to be taken by VO and how long will it take?? any approx idea???

singhson said:
hey abad don't worry about it. these are generic emails. the visa officer doesn't review the applications until all the documents and obligations, like background check, have been completed. also consider yourself lucky for getting 2 responses back within 2 months span typically thats rare as well. once they have all the required docs it only takes days for VO to review and make a decision.

Singh1212

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2011
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Dec 17,2011
Med's Done....
SEP 22,2011
Passport Req..
Feb 14,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM
LANDED..........
Hopfully in July
singhson said:
@ singh the genius, this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. you realize there is a reason why they ask for photocopy of your passport as part of the application? your passport number gives them the entire background on how many you had and where you have traveled, hence the background check. When the travel history doc is missing, its unfortunate visa officer err on the side of caution and assumes the applicant just "forgot" to attach it...i wish it was the other way around and they just assume "intend to lie" and deny that applicant. its stupid advice like this that has polluted the immigration process for rest of the people. hope you didn't follow your own advice.
ohh sunny,Singhson friends,

I just give the comment,not to give the bad advice,,I also give correct information about my application.
CIC just check the criminal record of person where he/she was traveled.I mean No conviction.Also for CIC ,its days work to investigate about the person.according to PCC,they can find the criminal record of person regarding applicant travel history.Status does not matter.I traveled abroad previously,that my old passport expired and now i have reissue the passport but sent together.I got two times PCC from abroad.and I have no criminal record there,where I was.I came india in 2007 DEc,now its near 4 years gone.Will see wht happened with my application.Mostly in BC checks for those person who are in army ,nmilitary,or Ex-serviceman or other government or working in police for those,I under stand BC checks for all but depends upon the country.Some countries are totally 100% of peacefull country.other depends on Luck.Will see whts going on
According to New IMM0008 generic form form,,there are many thing added in the form,,sometime ,people do mistake to filling the application but if we show travelhistory,it is not to woory,but have to show the travel history be must.status does not matter even he illigle there or student or asylum or refugee, or other,
other if some infornation are fillied by mistake ,it wil correct during asking by CIC

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
18 days since the day sending passport to ND and haven't saw any change in the ecas... Still says app rec'd and couldn't even see the ecas "Medical Results have been rec'd".

Sometimes ND can really be frustrating.

Singh1212

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2011
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Dec 17,2011
Med's Done....
SEP 22,2011
Passport Req..
Feb 14,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM
LANDED..........
Hopfully in July
srinivas.vadapalli said:
18 days since the day sending passport to ND and haven't saw any change in the ecas... Still says app rec'd and couldn't even see the ecas "Medical Results have been rec'd".

Sometimes ND can really be frustrating.
Hey srinivas,

urs only 18 days,look here 52 days and haven't saw any changes in the ecas,stil app rec'd.not medical rec'd,

relax,,I hope u will get visa soon .

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Singh1212 said:
Hey srinivas,

urs only 18 days,look here 52 days and haven't saw any changes in the ecas,stil app rec'd.not medical rec'd,

Hello Singh...I know how you must be feeling like. This is really getting on to the nerves.

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
Singh1212 said:
Hey srinivas,

Is "Medical Recieved" the last status people see before the DM? Is medical the last thing VO check before issuing visa?

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
Hi guys,

We applied end of August. File transferred mid November. Status on ECAS Application received. Medicals Received. Passport requested Dec. Additional photos of religious ceremony, family outings after marriage, and proof of living together (WTF) requested in Feb - request not received until Mar start. And now still waiting. My husband has traveled a lot......will keep you posted.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
Arjun3 said:
Is "Medical Recieved" the last status people see before the DM? Is medical the last thing VO check before issuing visa?
As you can see in my case...NOPE!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Question for senior members in these post
Help needed: Generally after Passport request, within how many months in minimum visa will be issued?

Buddy of mine sponsored his wife last year. I talk to her yesterday and she said she got Visa exactlly after 2months after she sent her passport to Newdelhi.

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
nanipanjakadi said:
Question for senior members in these post
Help needed: Generally after Passport request, within how many months in minimum visa will be issued?

Buddy of mine sponsored his wife last year. I talk to her yesterday and she said she got Visa exactlly after 2months after she sent her passport to Newdelhi.
Not sure if I'm considered a senior or not but basically it's case by case. There is no definite answer to your question but you can take a look at the ND spreadsheet to get a basic idea of what is going on. Depending on many factors such as travel history, additional documents requested and descrepencies, you may or may not get your visa faster. Looks like ND has been issueing visa's faster lately but that may be due to several factors. If your case is straight forward you may get an answer faster but like other people on this forum, you might be waiting for more than 2 months.

Good luck!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
ksunny said:
Not sure if I'm considered a senior or not but basically it's case by case. There is no definite answer to your question but you can take a look at the ND spreadsheet to get a basic idea of what is going on. Depending on many factors such as travel history, additional documents requested and descrepencies, you may or may not get your visa faster. Looks like ND has been issueing visa's faster lately but that may be due to several factors. If your case is straight forward you may get an answer faster but like other people on this forum, you might be waiting for more than 2 months.

Good luck!
Thanks for prompt reply...
I was assuming before 6months for Newdelhi processing includes sponsorship approval..Looks like i am wrong unfortunately
So 6month for newdelhi starts from the day when CIC M sends application to newdelhi? any guesses

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
What's up people!! I had to take a little break from the forum for a few days. Been busy with lots of things at home!! I put my puppy outside for about 30mins (he hates being outside in the backyard on his own), but he needs to learn to play by himself! So this gives me a little break.

@KSunny- congrats on the "In Process" December applicants will be speedy!!!

@Srinivas- Don't worry! A change will be made soon.

Everyone else- Just relax and keep your mind busy. If you think too much into this entire process, you can end up hurting yourself- being upset, depressed, frustrated, fighting with the spouse over this (I'm sure we all have done it at some point!), making up theories. Just relax.

On another note- My passport is on its way to CIC-ND!

comfortably numb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
9 march 2012
SINGH1212 JI !
its wrong to lie on the application. esp bout travel.
personal stuff which cant be verified is a possibility but to lie about travel is an offence.
If u wanna do it, and u did. its your prerogative. but u should not give ppl ideas about lying on the applications.
its a bad idea and ppl have been rejected and banned from canada for 5 yrs for this.