+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
congratulations!! glad to know that!

manisha10 said:
Hey all

I gt my visa today.. It has been stamped on 16 aug.. Thanks everyone on this forum for all the help:) n all the best to ones awaiting the visa..they also returned the pics, greeting cards n wedding invitation card.. did nt return original marriage certificate..

FYI: my ecas is still in process n nuthin abt meds..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Guys,
I am taking a bulk of general medicines with me. Will it cause any issues?
These include heaache, fever, vomitting, dycentry, vitamins, cough etc.

Plz advice!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fprince said:
Well glad you outlined a detailed list of your questions, the answers to your question would be user specific and STATE specific.
What do you really need to AVOID any delay or suspicion from CHC ND - YOU need a Govt issued marriage certificate. period.

Now being a Christian who recently got married in Chennai i can tell you the rules of getting a marriage certificate is a bit different from the Hindu marriage Act.
I am being told that there is a huge confusion when it comes to marriage certificates right now as every state has its own policy, and yes this is INDIA and what you read on the website will not really
work out when you go there in person and apply.

Just to be safe and avoid the hassle, i suggest get married in a church and u will need the church issues marriage certificate to get your govt issued marriage certificate.
This was the rule for Christians when i got married in chennai, again every state can have a different policy.

I am not sure if you went to India to get engaged or was done through family offline, but just to make your case simple, go to India get married in a church and apply for the certificate.

Doing this will make your case simple...however everyone will have a different take on this BUT you are the one who has to avoid the risk.

Good luck.
Hello, fprince!

There was no engagement party, as you said it was done offline due to the distance.

You’re right, I have to weigh the benefits and risks of no church wedding against the impact on my situation. In my case, the wedding (civil and/or church) will be in Goa. One problem is, if I do an actual church wedding, it will take a few extra months to organize as more advance notice is required for marriage prep courses and posting the banns.

Instead I wonder if I could do the civil marriage followed with a thanksgiving mass, like Borntowin’s friend, in order to complete the legal part of the process sooner and file the application. For the thanksgiving mass, I could have photos taken inside and outside the church to include with the marriage certificate as proof in the application. Do you suppose that will satisfy CHC ND?

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
thecoolguysam said:
Guys,
I am taking a bulk of general medicines with me. Will it cause any issues?
These include heaache, fever, vomitting, dycentry, vitamins, cough etc.

Plz advice!
no man nothin will happen if you have more than 100 tablets then you have to hav a precription orelse u fine.
wish me luck main iam waiting for my wife's ppr/

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I wish you best of luck for PPR

i have bought each medicine 100 each i.e. fever medicine 100, cough medicine 100, bodyache medicine 100, antibiotics, 100 thus i would have 1000 tablets. would that cause the issue?
my dad is a doctor and on his letterhead he has written that he has given me the medicines for general use and personal use only.

mirmukaramali said:
no man nothin will happen if you have more than 100 tablets then you have to hav a precription orelse u fine.
wish me luck main iam waiting for my wife's ppr/

RAV23

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 may
AOR Received.
6 june
File Transfer...
16 june reached delhi
Med's Done....
feb
Passport Req..
14 sep
VISA ISSUED...
30 sep
LANDED..........
23 oct
mirmukaramali said:
my file received newdelhi on 30th may
and no ppr yet but a month ago i updated to started processing ur file on june 23 and medical has been received.
wish you luck
hope we get ppr sooooooooooon.
yup i know ur case mirmukaramali..............dats y im worried.....but lets be optimistic hope we get visa soon..........

engineer1986

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-07-2011
Passport Req..
05-02-2011
Borntowin said:
Hello Engineer, kindly have a look on this latest news and the links thereon !

Credential recognition services for applicants improved
The Government of Canada expanded the key role it plays in helping foreign trained skilled workers succeed in Canada.

The Foreign Credentials Referral Office's (FCRO) annual report, released today, highlights the important achievements made by Citizenship and Immigration (CIC), Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) and Health Canada, who work in partnership with provinces and territories and other key stakeholders to help foreign trained workers with the foreign credential recognition processes.

“We want newcomers to be able to use their skills as soon as possible in Canada and work to their full potential,” said Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism. “It's good for them and good for the Canadian economy.”

The Pan-Canadian Framework for the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Qualifications met its commitment in 2010 to let foreign skilled workers in eight targeted occupations know within a year of applying whether their credentials are recognized or what additional courses they would need to take to have their credentials recognized. The Framework, led by HRSDC, is a Government of Canada project in partnership with the provinces and territories.

"Foreign-trained workers make an important contribution to Canada's labour market and economy. That's why Canada's Economic Action Plan invested $50 million to work with partners to improve foreign credential recognition," said Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development. "Our government is helping newcomers find meaningful work that contributes to Canada's overall prosperity.”

In 2010, the Government of Canada, with the Association of Community Colleges, expanded the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) to serve not only Federal Skilled Workers but also Provincial Nominees, and their spouses and working-age dependents with two-day orientation sessions on Canadian culture, the labour market and foreign credential recognition processes. The overseas courses better prepare skilled immigrants to integrate more quickly into the Canadian labour market and society.

The program is showing success. By September 2010, nearly 13,000 applicants had registered for CIIP services and over 9,100 had completed the two-day course. Among the CIIP graduates who had arrived in Canada, 70 per cent said they found employment despite the economic downturn.

Other key developments this past year included:

* The Federal Internship for Newcomers program gave 65 interns, more than double the number in 2009, key Canadian work experience in 11 government departments.
* In B.C. the Physician Integration Project, funded, in part, through Health Canada's Internationally Educated Health Professionals Initiative, was revised to better support international medical graduates as they integrate into the B.C. workforce.
* The Working in Canada website www.workingincanada.gc.ca was upgraded to provide information on licensing and certification requirements for various professions, which are steps applicants can begin while still overseas.

The Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO) provides information, path-finding and referral services to internationally trained workers both in Canada and overseas and collaborates with federal partners and other stakeholders to improve foreign credential recognition processes.

To read the Government of Canada 2010 Progress Report on Foreign Credential Recognition, go to: www.credentials.gc.ca
Thnks alot dear n worried dat Wen I reach dere is dere any chance dat I got
A Job in my field
Thnks alot for this info.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
amira_mais said:
Instead I wonder if I could do the civil marriage followed with a thanksgiving mass, like Borntowin's friend, in order to complete the legal part of the process sooner and file the application. For the thanksgiving mass, I could have photos taken inside and outside the church to include with the marriage certificate as proof in the application. Do you suppose that will satisfy CHC ND?
Hello Amira Mais

Your kind attention Its clearly mentioned by the Canadian govt rules regarding marriages occurring outside Canada. If your marriage took place outside of Canada, the marriage must be legally recognized in that country and under Canadian law.. I.e Registrar Marriage is 100% taken in to the consideration and kindly read the under mentioned Govt of Canada Instructions :-

KIND ATTENTION BEING CANADIAN CITIZEN READ THIS INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY- AMIRA MAIS

Do you plan to get married in India?

Canadian citizens who wish to be married in India should go to the office of the Registrar of Marriages of their place of residence to obtain further information. Registration of marriages in India is done either under the Hindu Marriage Act (1955) or under the Special Marriage Act (1954). The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Sikhs only. The Special Marriage Act is applicable to all persons irrespective of religion. Under this Act, conversion of religion is not required.

The Registrar of marriages asks for a letter from the High Commission stating that the Canadian national who wishes to have his/her marriage registered is free to marry. Since Consuls are not competent to grant certificates that no impediment exists to the capacity of a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada to marry, the Consular Section issues a certificate called as “Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-impediment”. Please contact the Consular Section should you need this certificate. The fee is CAD $ 50.00.

Is it necessary to have a foreign marriage registered in Canada?

There is no legal requirement to register a foreign marriage in Canada. Moreover, it may not be possible to do so, depending on the laws of the province or territory in Canada where you last resided. If your province or territory allows this option, you will need a marriage certificate issued by local authorities in the country where the marriage took place (authenticated by the nearest Canadian government office abroad), plus a certified translated copy in order to register your marriage in Canada.

************************************************************************************************************
More over if your planning to opt for Christian marriage in India, the important things are that both of you as to submit marriage preparatory course attendance letter, Baptism certificate, register in both the churches and consequently 3 marriage announcements in the parish and you have to submit letter from your parish priest to your spouse parish priest in India.

Hope above explanation will clear you !

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
manisha10 said:
Very informative.. thanks for sharing this :)
Your welcome !

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
engineer1986 said:
Thnks alot dear n worried dat Wen I reach dere is dere any chance dat I got
A Job in my field
Thnks alot for this info.
Hello Engineer !

100% you will get the job you desire, Indians are called the smart people in Canada.
In fact, this year has been officially named the ‘Year of India in Canada

Cheers :)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Borntowin said:
Canadian citizens who wish to be married in India should go to the office of the Registrar of Marriages of their place of residence to obtain further information. Registration of marriages in India is done either under the Hindu Marriage Act (1955) or under the Special Marriage Act (1954). The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Sikhs only. The Special Marriage Act is applicable to all persons irrespective of religion. Under this Act, conversion of religion is not required.

The Registrar of marriages asks for a letter from the High Commission stating that the Canadian national who wishes to have his/her marriage registered is free to marry. Since Consuls are not competent to grant certificates that no impediment exists to the capacity of a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada to marry, the Consular Section issues a certificate called as “Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-impediment”. Please contact the Consular Section should you need this certificate. The fee is CAD $ 50.00.

Borntowin, again, many thanks for your assistance! I was not aware that I need to obtain a statement from the High Commission to give to the Registrar saying that I’m free to marry. I will look into that now. My fiancé consulted with a lawyer in Goa who said that what we need to do is provide affidavits to the local court attesting that we’re not already married to anyone else. Then a judge will provide us with an official statement permitting us to marry, and we must take this statement to the registrar of marriages. I will reconfirm what the proper procedure is.

I do have another question if you don’t mind – in this forum, I noticed that many members have posted their timelines under their forum names. It seems that some people were able to do their medicals even BEFORE actually applying, so then they sent the medical results along with the application itself. How is this possible? How do you know which doctor is acceptable to CHC ND? Don’t you need a file number from CHC ND first? And is it true that all the immediate family members of my fiancé must complete the medicals, even though he’s the only one immigrating?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
amira_mais said:
Borntowin, again, many thanks for your assistance! I was not aware that I need to obtain a statement from the High Commission to give to the Registrar saying that I'm free to marry. I will look into that now. My fiancé consulted with a lawyer in Goa who said that what we need to do is provide affidavits to the local court attesting that we're not already married to anyone else. Then a judge will provide us with an official statement permitting us to marry, and we must take this statement to the registrar of marriages. I will reconfirm what the proper procedure is.

I do have another question if you don't mind – in this forum, I noticed that many members have posted their timelines under their forum names. It seems that some people were able to do their medicals even BEFORE actually applying, so then they sent the medical results along with the application itself. How is this possible? How do you know which doctor is acceptable to CHC ND? Don't you need a file number from CHC ND first? And is it true that all the immediate family members of my fiancé must complete the medicals, even though he's the only one immigrating?
Hi there, for spousal sponsorships, the medicals need to be submitted along with the applications. Its all stated clearly on the application kit. CIC provides you with a list of DMPs (Designated Medical Practitioners), you need to fill out a form, get the required tests done, and the DMP will give you the appropriate form that you send along with your application. Once your application reaches your Visa Office (New Delhi in your case), they marry up the medical results with your application.

Also, the CIC's interpretation of family is only the spouse and your dependent children, not your parents or siblings. Parents, siblings, husband/wife is what us Indians mean when we say family ;D So you only need to mention about your parents & siblings, but they do not have to get any medicals or Police reports done.

Hope this clears up your confusion :)

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
amira_mais said:
Borntowin, again, many thanks for your assistance! I was not aware that I need to obtain a statement from the High Commission to give to the Registrar saying that I'm free to marry. I will look into that now. My fiancé consulted with a lawyer in Goa who said that what we need to do is provide affidavits to the local court attesting that we're not already married to anyone else. Then a judge will provide us with an official statement permitting us to marry, and we must take this statement to the registrar of marriages. I will reconfirm what the proper procedure is.

I do have another question if you don't mind – in this forum, I noticed that many members have posted their timelines under their forum names. It seems that some people were able to do their medicals even BEFORE actually applying, so then they sent the medical results along with the application itself. How is this possible? How do you know which doctor is acceptable to CHC ND? Don't you need a file number from CHC ND first? And is it true that all the immediate family members of my fiancé must complete the medicals, even though he's the only one immigrating?
You are welcome Amira Mais !

Well regarding your question for medicals, all immigrants need to undergo a medical examination before receiving a visa. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has designated certain doctors in each region, who are authorized to perform the immigration medical exams.

This appended link (DMP) will help you to find a doctor in your region http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India

All that needed is Appendix C and photograph for medicals, your spouse should be aware of your complete address, dats all and nothing is required for medicals.

After medicals the DMP will hand over you the IMM 1017(Medical Report), and the same to be submitted with your initial application to CPC M. Medicals are valid for one year only. My advice your spouse can get his medicals done immediately after your marriage and not required now.

Kindly ensure to submit Medicals, PCC and PR fee with your initial application, It will save your processing time.

Hope this will help u !

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Borntowin said:
Kindly ensure to submit Medicals, PCC and PR fee with your initial application, It will save your processing time.[/b]
Hello, the information on medicals is clear now, thank you both Shamsia and Borntowin. My last question for a while I hope :) - my fiancé will need a PCC from India, Australia and UK. The validity is only 3 months, so he can't apply too early but we shouldn't delay if the waiting period is several weeks or a few months. Any idea how long it takes to get a PCC from those countries?

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Hi,
I am new to this forum as well as this thread. My wife just couriered me the application from India yesterday.
She told she will send it through Fedex. i asked her to try Speedpost.
In two days the application has reached North America. It cost Rs. 800 only.

She has sent marriage certificate copy with notary attested only.
Will this be any problem?