+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

LastOnesLeft

Nov 12, 2015
Hello Everyone, I just got my admission for my sister to college to come study here in Canada, I have paid half of the tuition fee that's required now she wants to go apply for her visa paper application. Please if you guys could give me details information on what and what I should do and document required I would really appreciate

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello Everyone, I just got my admission for my sister to college to come study here in Canada, I have paid half of the tuition fee that's required now she wants to go apply for her visa paper application. Please if you guys could give me details information on what and what I should do and document required I would really appreciate
Hi there LastOnesLeft. I don't believe there are many people in here with experience for student visas but some might come out of the works. I know of one only who was around a few months ago. You might be better to join a thread for student visas, they would have more info and could help you figure out your next steps. Best of luck.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I just helped my cousin submit his.
  • Pretend you are someone with her demographics (not her real info of course) and Check eligibility: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
  • Once you have passed the eligibility, you can download all the forms relevant to the situation so she can print and fill out for practice before filling out for real and uploading online later.
  • IMM1294E
  • IMM5275B_1
  • IMM5475E
  • IMM5645E
  • IMM5739_1
  • Cover Letter
  • Proof of Funds
  • Photographs
  • Do upfront medical:
City: Accra
Name: Adrian Oddoye
Address: Akai House Clinic,
No 1, 6th Circular Road,,
Cantonments,
Telephone: (233) 0302 784 772/773/774
Spoken Languages: English

City: Accra
Name: IOM Accra International Organization for Migration
Address: Migration Health Division MHD,
17 Ridge Road, Roman Ridge,
Telephone: (233) 0 307 01 20 51 /244 33 58 56
Spoken Languag
es:​

• create a gckey account
  • upload docs (including medical receipt)
  • log in as them, submit and pay the $150 fee. It's best to pay for them via credit card as the other methods are too cumbersome.
becos is correct though, you will find better support in other threads.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-nigerian-or-ghanaian-student-applying-for-study-permit-for-fall-2017.488670/
These ones might help:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-nigerian-or-ghanaian-student-applying-for-study-permit-for-fall-2017.488670/

And this one has a bunch of different threads you can check out:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Hi Guys,

I wanted to correct something i noticed in this forum.

What are you applying for? (required)sponsoring a family member
Who are you sponsoring? (required)
If you have already applied, when did you apply?
Where are you applying from? (required) Canada

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

Submitted before December 7, 2016

Processing time=

12 month(s) ?

Includes assessment of sponsor.

View your application status online

We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017.

What are you applying for? (required)sponsoring a family member
Who are you sponsoring? (required)
If you have already applied, when did you apply?
Where are you applying from? (required) NIGERIA/GHANA

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

Submitted before December 7, 2016

processing time=

16 month(s) ?

Includes assessment of sponsor.

View your application status online

We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It is deceiving. The processing time is based on where the person is from (for outland apps). When you click on outland app you have to put in the PA's country. So for Ghanaians and Nigerians it's 16 months. I know this because my lawyer has said that and brought up the CIC processing times in multiple conversations. I don't know why it gives the option of saying from Canada. Doesn't make sense. All applications whether or not you as the spouse send it from in Canada or outside Canada are first processed through the Mississauga office and then distributed appropriately. Ottawa receives USA apps and most of those who are applying inland. Anyone else goes to their home country assigned visa office.
Ok this got me confused long ago but I think I understand it better now so I'll try to explain in the simplest way I can.

Yes the 16months processing time is for most of us except few. Doesn't really matter where the app is sent from cos I for one, hubby sent ours from Canada but still we are under the 16 months plan.

Option of Canada is given bcos there are applicants applying Outland who are already living in Canada. E.g. A Nigerian/Ghanaian Citizen studying in Canada going through spouse application will apply under that category. People with some sort of visa that gives them short residence (Not tourist oo) fall under d 12months plan.

I also heard people that had long overtstayed thier visitors visa and finally regularising via spouse app fall under that category but usually needs a lawyer. Not sure though.

So in general that's what they simply mean and unfortunately it's 16 long months for us. My app is 7 months today and we just sent in additional documents via DHL and also updated it on web form. Pushing it all angles..fingers crossed

Last edited:

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
Basically you get 30 days to stay, if you plan to stay longer you need to go to the Embassy and request longer stay. Your spouse should know this. I unfortunately found out the hard way. I believe it was a $250 USD fine. So like $300 Canadian. I have a story to tell, inbox me if you want to hear it. Nigerians.......
Anyways been busy working like a dog. Plan to go back, renew vows, stay for a longer time, like 3 months wasn't enough. getting things in order. I have appeal in, but probably will do new application. Appeal takes too long. Waiting for blue notes. 120 days..... Doing what we got to do to be together since Canada government making it hard!! When it's true love, you got to do what you got to do!!!
Butterfly girl
Ok, that is very confusing as the visitor visa states valid for five months, so practically I can stay in Nigeria all that time. I called the embassy in Canada who issued my visa and they specified that. I am planning to to stay around 3 months for the whole summer. But I am not sure if I can pay extensions as the flight tickets are already exorbitantly expensive. I think that they imagine that Canadians grow money on trees here in canada which is wrong.
We appealed the decision too and waiting for an interview date at Montreal. We decided not to apply again as I am not sure what happens in Accra, we don't see them working professionally on applications, so we better let the Canadian office handle our application.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Does anyone know how reliable FEDEX are when sending document to AVO
I would use DHL. That is the most reliable and widely used in Ghana and what AVO themselves use. Where are you sending it from? If it's from Canada, be prepared for it to be pricey. But you can guarantee it will arrive.

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It is deceiving. The processing time is based on where the person is from (for outland apps). When you click on outland app you have to put in the PA's country. So for Ghanaians and Nigerians it's 16 months. I know this because my lawyer has said that and brought up the CIC processing times in multiple conversations. I don't know why it gives the option of saying from Canada. Doesn't make sense. All applications whether or not you as the spouse send it from in Canada or outside Canada are first processed through the Mississauga office and then distributed appropriately. Ottawa receives USA apps and most of those who are applying inland. Anyone else goes to their home country assigned visa office.

@ becos,

I agreed with you, I believe they are using the county of PA. anyhow my husband's application has been delayed too long. is 14months and few days now. OVA can even explain why is been delay.

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Well my husband received an email from AVO today to go re do his medical. I believe this is a good sign that we are close to passport requested.

after 14months and few days. His medical expire since November 2016.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Well my husband received an email from AVO today to go re do his medical. I believe this is a good sign that we are close to passport requested.

after 14months and few days. His medical expire since November 2016.
Yay!!! I believe this IS good news!!! Fingers are crossed for you and sending positive vibes!! Soon soon soon! Yay! We needed good news! Keep it coming AVO!

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Yay!!! I believe this IS good news!!! Fingers are crossed for you and sending positive vibes!! Soon soon soon! Yay! We needed good news! Keep it coming AVO!
Yes. AVO not speaking at all is the sickening part. The least one ask is to hear something from them.

After the update we did via web form I wasn't expecting any response as usual but they surprised us. Someone replied, not the automated message. He/she wrote asking we resend the attachment cos he/she didn't receive it. We sure did immediately.
Now let me ask? Do I assume the person that responded is my Case officer (he/she added initial)? Cos I've already started praying with that name.

God help us all

Reactions: xls

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Yes. AVO not speaking at all is the sickening part. The least one ask is to hear something from them.

After the update we did via web form I wasn't expecting any response as usual but they surprised us. Someone replied, not the automated message. He/she wrote asking we resend the attachment cos he/she didn't receive it. We sure did immediately.
Now let me ask? Do I assume the person that responded is my Case officer (he/she added initial)? Cos I've already started praying with that name.

God help us all
PLEASE HOW CAN I ACCESS THE WEB FORM?

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
:( AFTER 14 months//? oh boy......