Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
@umuchima am n Toronto f you are reallly serious about this media expose am down with you @Tweeny2017 was granted 6 months from the embassy but the immigration at the airport stamped 1 month stay in my passport,however depends on if u apply for multiple or single entry visa Good luck and all the best

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
@umuchima am n Toronto f you are reallly serious about this media expose am down with you @Tweeny2017 was granted 6 months from the embassy but the immigration at the airport stamped 1 month stay in my passport,however depends on if u apply for multiple or single entry visa Good luck and all the best
Ok, thank you all for reply, I am just not sure for how long to book my ticket. I should give the air company my return date to canada and I am not sure which one to specify

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Hey! You mean from our lawyer to see if it's been received? No not yet. And our medical expires on Saturday. :(
It's so weird how some people's it shows received and others no. Remember how the older folks on the forum said not to worry about it showing up, but it seems newer people on here have had theirs shown since the beginning-ish. Weird.

Oh no. I hope and pray they start working on your file soon n you get an extention..so weird how new applicants are getting word on their medicals and we're still waiting. ...

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Oh no. I hope and pray they start working on your file soon n you get an extention..so weird how new applicants are getting word on their medicals and we're still waiting. ...
It sucks right. It appears they have at least contacted all July applicants who are present on this forum. Now on to August I hope....
what really sucks too though is that even if we heard soon, plane tickets from Ghana to Canada are soooooo expensive. Twice the price! And prices don't go down until mid September.

Last edited:
Reactions: colmiz

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hi Praise77, I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting. My suggestion would be you contact your MP. Emailing the ministers office won't do anything in regards to the specifics of your application. Also you're unfortunately not quite over the "processing time", it's 16 months so I don't believe any one can truly intervene until after that. Start by contacting your MP to meet them and have them look into your file. They can't influence anything however, they can see where you're at in the process. Good luck.

@ becos,
Thanks for the advise, yes I thought of that too it hasn't exceeded the processing time yet. My plan is to wait for the 16months before I involve anyone. By God grace i will receive positive respond back before the 16months. I Emailed AVO and they responded back that my application is in queue for review and they will contact me once decision is made. I have also requested GMC note.

Thanks

becos

Aug 25, 2016
@ becos,
Thanks for the advise, yes I thought of that too it hasn't exceeded the processing time yet. My plan is to wait for the 16months before I involve anyone. By God grace i will receive positive respond back before the 16months. I Emailed AVO and they responded back that my application is in queue for review and they will contact me once decision is made. I have also requested GMC note.

Thanks
That's so frustrating that you've been waiting this long. I'm sending you and your application positive energy. You must hear soon. Keep us posted.

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Does anyone know how long is Nigerian visitor visa valid for? There is no specification about expiry on it and I heard there are fines for overstaying your visa in Nigeria.
Basically you get 30 days to stay, if you plan to stay longer you need to go to the Embassy and request longer stay. Your spouse should know this. I unfortunately found out the hard way. I believe it was a $250 USD fine. So like $300 Canadian. I have a story to tell, inbox me if you want to hear it. Nigerians.......
Anyways been busy working like a dog. Plan to go back, renew vows, stay for a longer time, like 3 months wasn't enough. getting things in order. I have appeal in, but probably will do new application. Appeal takes too long. Waiting for blue notes. 120 days..... Doing what we got to do to be together since Canada government making it hard!! When it's true love, you got to do what you got to do!!!
Butterfly girl

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Hi Guys,

I wanted to correct something i noticed in this forum.

What are you applying for? (required)sponsoring a family member
Who are you sponsoring? (required)
If you have already applied, when did you apply?
Where are you applying from? (required) Canada

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

Submitted before December 7, 2016

Processing time=

12 month(s) ?

Includes assessment of sponsor.

View your application status online

We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017.

What are you applying for? (required)sponsoring a family member
Who are you sponsoring? (required)
If you have already applied, when did you apply?
Where are you applying from? (required) NIGERIA/GHANA

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

processing time=

16 month(s) ?

We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017.

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
@ becos,

Thanks
where did you apply from? If your application was transferred from Canada to Ghana, then it's 12 months..

becos

Aug 25, 2016
where did you apply from? If your application was transferred from Canada to Ghana, then it's 12 months..
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It is deceiving. The processing time is based on where the person is from (for outland apps). When you click on outland app you have to put in the PA's country. So for Ghanaians and Nigerians it's 16 months. I know this because my lawyer has said that and brought up the CIC processing times in multiple conversations. I don't know why it gives the option of saying from Canada. Doesn't make sense. All applications whether or not you as the spouse send it from in Canada or outside Canada are first processed through the Mississauga office and then distributed appropriately. Ottawa receives USA apps and most of those who are applying inland. Anyone else goes to their home country assigned visa office.

Last edited:

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It is deceiving. The processing time is based on where the person is from (for outland apps). When you click on outland app you have to put in the PA's country. So for Ghanaians and Nigerians it's 16 months. I know this because my lawyer has said that and brought up the CIC processing times in multiple conversations. I don't know why it gives the option of saying from Canada. Doesn't make sense. All applications whether or not you as the spouse send it from in Canada or outside Canada are first processed through the Mississauga office and then distributed appropriately. Ottawa receives USA apps and most of those who are applying inland. Anyone else goes to their home country assigned visa office.
The processing time in other countries are also round the 16 month timeline:

"Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

Senegal

13 month(s) ?

We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017"

This is what it says for applications from Senegal but I have seen applications sent o Dakar processed in less than 5 months.

Accra is just something else.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
The processing time in other countries are also round the 16 month timeline:

"Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

Senegal

13 month(s) ?

We’re working to finalize applications received before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017"

This is what it says for applications from Senegal but I have seen applications sent o Dakar processed in less than 5 months.

Accra is just something else.
The 16 months or 13 months are insane processing times. And you're right, for other countries it seems even more of a joke, 5 months instead of the 13 stated. For Accra however, it's brutal.