+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
Hi GENEGENE, glad to hear you heard something from AVO toay. Which document do you mean? The main sponsor form? I'm not sure how long it will be until you hear from them. Ninche sent their stuff in, and tender mentioned the other day that they still haven't heard anything. They were requested on April 11th, so would have had until May 11th and have yet to hear. Maybe because it's just a document and not additional relationship documentation, it may take a shorter period of time. The only thing that I have heard of being a quick turn around is the medical as it is received electronically by them, anything mailed in, seems to take some time.

Keep us posted if you hear anything!! :) Also, when did you get sponsor approval? You said you applied July 18th right? Thanks!
I WAS TOLD TO FILL THE Sponsor Questionnaire IMM5540, I THINK WHHEN IT WS UPLOADED TO THEM SOME INFORMATION ON THE FORM WIPED OUT SO I WAS TOLD TO FILL THE SPACE AGAIN AND SIGN PHYSICALLY THEN MAILED TO THEM WHICH WE DID THROUGH EXPRESS DELIVERY..... WE APPLIED JULY 18 AND GOT MY SPONSOR APPROVAL AUGUST 23..... WE JUST HOPE IT GET FINALIZED SOON AS THEY SAID THEY ABOUT TO ROUND UP THE APPLICATION AND WATING FOR THE FORM

becos

Aug 25, 2016
I WAS TOLD TO FILL THE Sponsor Questionnaire IMM5540, I THINK WHHEN IT WS UPLOADED TO THEM SOME INFORMATION ON THE FORM WIPED OUT SO I WAS TOLD TO FILL THE SPACE AGAIN AND SIGN PHYSICALLY THEN MAILED TO THEM WHICH WE DID THROUGH EXPRESS DELIVERY..... WE APPLIED JULY 18 AND GOT MY SPONSOR APPROVAL AUGUST 23..... WE JUST HOPE IT GET FINALIZED SOON AS THEY SAID THEY ABOUT TO ROUND UP THE APPLICATION AND WATING FOR THE FORM

I hope so too! Fingers are crossed for you! :)

Charlie04

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks guys. I didn't submit any school cert documents, or previous docs that's shows my identity. But I submitted my passport, marriage cert etc. I'll include everything now. Also I have a lot documents for proof of relationship. We accumulated a lot after our marriage. My main problem is the identity issue. Please has anyone received or know anyone that got this kind of email about identity?

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Thanks guys. I didn't submit any school cert documents, or previous docs that's shows my identity. But I submitted my passport, marriage cert etc. I'll include everything now. Also I have a lot documents for proof of relationship. We accumulated a lot after our marriage. My main problem is the identity issue. Please has anyone received or know anyone that got this kind of email about identity?

Your birth certificate is also one of the thing you can use as identity!! For me my husband sent his passport , birth certificate and my dad and mom wrote a letter and my close friend who was there at our wedding wrote a letter too !! You can try those ! Letters are pretty good if written by your inlaws

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Great start, just gather more than you need! I know that for my husband and I, he got a copy of his primary school register, plus a letter from the headmistress, because he was registered in his local name and English name, then a letter from his junior high school and a copy of their register which had his English name, then his senior high school certificate, national service, polytechnic certificates, plus an old birth certificate and new one, copy of his passport, letters from elders and his parents, siblings and best friends (which were part of the support of us as a couple too), then all his addresses where he had lived for school, a letter from his boss, also copies of his mother's family funeral payment book - where they all pay into the fund for funerals and his local name is in it, we even got a police report from the fire that destroyed his original birth certificate and documents from the hospital when he was born. Even all his land ownership documents and business registration. We backed everything up like crazy people! Haha. You'll be fine, just go all out! School docs are a great place to start! :)

I think I remember someone else on this forum getting an email like that a while ago and it was a matter of school docs, etc.

Reactions: Sugarcoconut

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
@ Charlie, whenever the visa office ask for historical identification means they have a huge doubt about your identity. The reason why they are have a doubt is because you presented them with identification like birth certificate, passport and other national identification that were issued few month prior to your application and for them that is a big red flag. Now the solution is to provide them something like school certificate or even your previous passport that was issue 10 years back and the document should be something that they can verify and instantly confirm your identity. My advice is be very careful don't try to get something back dated and live with regret forever. Send them what you have plus all the proof of your relationship you have gather after you filed your application. I would like to wish you all be best and please take it easy and just send them what they need and shall be well.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Hi GENEGENE, glad to hear you heard something from AVO toay. Which document do you mean? The main sponsor form? I'm not sure how long it will be until you hear from them. Ninche sent their stuff in, and tender mentioned the other day that they still haven't heard anything. They were requested on April 11th, so would have had until May 11th and have yet to hear. Maybe because it's just a document and not additional relationship documentation, it may take a shorter period of time. The only thing that I have heard of being a quick turn around is the medical as it is received electronically by them, anything mailed in, seems to take some time.

Keep us posted if you hear anything!! :) Also, when did you get sponsor approval? You said you applied July 18th right? Thanks!
Hey hun. Speaking of medicals, did you hear anything back? Did they mention it's receipt? Still nothing on ours....

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hey hun. Speaking of medicals, did you hear anything back? Did they mention it's receipt? Still nothing on ours....
Hey! You mean from our lawyer to see if it's been received? No not yet. And our medical expires on Saturday. :(
It's so weird how some people's it shows received and others no. Remember how the older folks on the forum said not to worry about it showing up, but it seems newer people on here have had theirs shown since the beginning-ish. Weird.

Reactions: colmiz

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
hello guys been a member of group for a whlie but hardly gets to post. Am a Caribbean-Canadian sponsoring my Nigerian husband,we are August 2016 Applicants and yet to hear from AVO,Sunday was our Anniversay and we are still apart am honestly thinking that immigration is turning their backs on Africans ...it took them almost 2 months to asses me as a sponsor had i not gone to an Mp office i probably would be still waiting for SA, recently ask to have an update on my file and they are telling me its in que for initial review;at the speed of this visa office i am honestly finding it hard to believe they are gonna get things done in 12months as promised i have also sent am email to the ministers office i honestly hope that helps........congratulations to everyone who have had pprs and visas.........may Jehovah grace be with us all ....Amen

Hello queenanetor,

Same thing they are telling me, I recently asked for an update on my husband's file and they are telling me its in que for review and they will contact me once decision is made. we are March 2016 applicant and is over one year now.

please how do I email minister office? like the email address or something because I need to email the minister as well since our application is far pass the processing time.

thanks as await for your reply.

Reactions: queenanetor

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
I GOT A RESPOSE FROM THEM TODAY TOO SAYING I SHOUD PHYSICALLY SIGN THE SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE AND MAIL BACK TO THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS SO THE APPLICATION CAN BE COMPLETED WHICH I DID IMMEDIATELY..... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM AGAIN ONCE THEY RECEIVE THE DOCUMENT.

Hello Genegene,

it is hard to tell how long it will take to get a response back from them. it depends on your case and the officer in charge.
In our case it past two months since they receive additional document they requested for, and phone interview with my husband, even far past 30 days which they said. we are still waiting.

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
Hello Genegene,

it is hard to tell how long it will take to get a response back from them. it depends on your case and the officer in charge.
In our case it past two months since they receive additional document they requested for, and phone interview with my husband, even far past 30 days which they said. we are still waiting.
OH REALLY...... WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENT WHERE U ASKED TO SEND COS MINE WAS JUST FOR ME TO PHYSICALLY SIGN AND SEND AND ALSO IS YOUR SPOUSE LIVING WITH YOU IN CANADA?

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
OH REALLY...... WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENT WHERE U ASKED TO SEND COS MINE WAS JUST FOR ME TO PHYSICALLY SIGN AND SEND AND ALSO IS YOUR SPOUSE LIVING WITH YOU IN CANADA?

@ Genegene,

Yes, in your case might be faster . no one can really tell how fast they will respond back.
Husband live in Nigeria and they ask my PIF.

God will see us through

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
@ Genegene,

Yes, in your case might be faster . no one can really tell how fast they will respond back.
Husband live in Nigeria and they ask my PIF.

God will see us through
AMEN......MY HUSBAND IS WITH ME IN CANADA AS HE CAME IN ON A STUDENT VISA AND NOW ON A WORK VISA.....I PRAY WE ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS SOON