Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Your hubby is in the US right? Have you guys tried applying for a TRV for him?
We plan on doing that but many said that - they probably won't give it to him coz they might think he won't want to leave once his visa is done and also they know his applying for PR

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Hello Guys a got and email from AVO. They are requesting for an additional documents. The also said that i didint declare my historical identity. Please guys, i dont know what that means. Please i need yout help because i have 30 days to provide the evidence.

Below is the letter from AVO

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In addition, we have concerns that you have not disclosed your true identity as you have not provided historical evidence in support of your claimed identity.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage and your identity.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

Oh wow !!
I suggest you gather everything u can gather

Have you travel to see your partner since you started the application? If yes then u can include travel receipt and pictures taken

And I have no idea what they mean by the historical identity. I think they mean your nationality, ethnicity, religion and etc !! Not too sure

Last edited:

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
Oh wow !!
I suggest you gather everything u can gather

Have you travel to see your partner since you started the application? If yes then u can include travel receipt and pictures taken

And I have no idea what they mean by the historical identity. I think they mean your nationality, ethnicity, religion and etc !! Not too sure
I GOT A RESPOSE FROM THEM TODAY TOO SAYING I SHOUD PHYSICALLY SIGN THE SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE AND MAIL BACK TO THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS SO THE APPLICATION CAN BE COMPLETED WHICH I DID IMMEDIATELY..... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM AGAIN ONCE THEY RECEIVE THE DOCUMENT.

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
Hello Guys a got and email from AVO. They are requesting for an additional documents. The also said that i didint declare my historical identity. Please guys, i dont know what that means. Please i need yout help because i have 30 days to provide the evidence.

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In addition, we have concerns that you have not disclosed your true identity as you have not provided historical evidence in support of your claimed identity.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage and your identity.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.
I GOT A RESPOSE FROM THEM TODAY TOO SAYING I SHOUD PHYSICALLY SIGN THE SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE AND MAIL BACK TO THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS SO THE APPLICATION CAN BE COMPLETED WHICH I DID IMMEDIATELY..... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM AGAIN ONCE THEY RECEIVE THE DOCUMENT.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN

I have no idea how long
You're almost there
Just be patience!

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Glory!!!! AVO is talking and I can't be more than happy. That silence was killing I must say.

This gives a little relief...Awesome feeling

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
We plan on doing that but many said that - they probably won't give it to him coz they might think he won't want to leave once his visa is done and also they know his applying for PR
I would have still tried if I were u. Refusal doesn't affect PR application so it would do u no harm.

bolakale

Jan 23, 2017
Hi Charlie04,

I think historical identity means previous documents that can verify ur identity eg. School certificates from secondary school or university. Birth certificate etc.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Please house what is historical identity? I need help. Thanks
Am not certain but from what I have learnt here I think they want to see ur identity that goes way back. Not something u acquired recently...E.g. birth certificates, old school cert etc.

I added all those in mine, secondary school cert etc. My birth certificate was lost in fire outbreak so used Attestation of birth which I got over 10yrs ago.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Pls did you post it to Accra? I need thier mailing address.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

Such a scary email to receive. I think istorical identityhas to do with the form where you filled out your educational, work history etc. you probably didnt fill it right or the form isnt there or things arent adding up like changes in name or dates. I suggest you go through it again if you have a copy to see if you need to fill out a new one with explanations. As for extra evidence, do you feel like you submitted as much evidence as could prove you and your spuse have a genuine relationship to a stranger? I guess youve also accumulated more in this ten month period so put those together and any you may have missed out on from the past. Please dont be in too much of a hurry to respond to them. Take your time to gather as much relevant docs as you can then send them out before the 30 day period is over. I wish you the best!

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Oh wow what a day.

Charlie04, I would send in as much documentation you have that shows you are who you are starting from birth. Like birth certificates, any hospital documents you may have, letters from parents or family friends, any childhood pictures, all school certificates, primary, junior high school, senior high school and college/university. If you have a local name versus an English name show representation of both, how you are the same person. Any old birth certificates or old passports. That's all I can think of right now. Have you made a new thread on the main forum page? Others from around the world may be able to help.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi GENEGENE, glad to hear you heard something from AVO toay. Which document do you mean? The main sponsor form? I'm not sure how long it will be until you hear from them. Ninche sent their stuff in, and tender mentioned the other day that they still haven't heard anything. They were requested on April 11th, so would have had until May 11th and have yet to hear. Maybe because it's just a document and not additional relationship documentation, it may take a shorter period of time. The only thing that I have heard of being a quick turn around is the medical as it is received electronically by them, anything mailed in, seems to take some time.

Keep us posted if you hear anything!! :) Also, when did you get sponsor approval? You said you applied July 18th right? Thanks!