+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Anyone in Nigeria or Ghana applying for a study permit for fall 2017? Lets network any share info. I just read the visa is taking 17 weeks in 9ja and 20 weeks in Ghana...

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Have you submitted already or about to?... Waiting for a financial statement then from my uncle then I will submit it,,, so any time soon.

bimboajayi

Sep 23, 2016
In one month you will get the first response for medicals request if you didn't do upfront.Also submitting next week.

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
I don't believe the 20 weeks processing time(for Ghana) though it's stated in the CIC site. They also have it there that if you are going for September intake apply in May/June. The duration stated is the average time it took to process students' visa within a certain period of application. If you do your homework well, and avoid mistakes in your application, I believe it could take 6weeks.

I got my admission letter to Univ of Calgary yesterday but I would apply in first week in June as I need my passport now to travel.

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Losangeles101 said:
Have you submitted already or about to?... Waiting for a financial statement then from my uncle then I will submit it,,, so any time soon.
I already applied. It has been almost 4 weeks and still nothing from cic.

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Ckonadu said:
I don't believe the 20 weeks processing time(for Ghana) though it's stated in the CIC site. They also have it there that if you are going for September intake apply in May/June. The duration stated is the average time it took to process students' visa within a certain period of application. If you do your homework well, and avoid mistakes in your application, I believe it could take 6weeks.

I got my admission letter to Univ of Calgary yesterday but I would apply in first week in June as I need my passport now to travel.
I have read reports of people missing school because their visas took long to be processed. I did upfront medicals, its been almost 4 weeks and no update from cic. Not even to say I passed the medical.

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
Nessacanada,

Ok... I hope ours visas are granted before the commencement of our respective programs. When you submitted your application, did the VFS collect your passport as well? Or it will be requested when the IRCC needs it?

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Ckonadu said:
Nessacanada,

Ok... I hope ours visas are granted before the commencement of our respective programs. When you submitted your application, did the VFS collect your passport as well? Or it will be requested when the IRCC needs it?
I applied online so my passport will only be requested if needed. Let's hope for the best

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Ckonadu said:
Nessacanada,

is your admission for Fall or. May intake? Submitted mine yesterday for Fall intake. If yours is for fall intake I read they usually make decisions from May Onwards .

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Mine is for fall 2017. It has been a month but still no action from cic. even my medicals has not been updated meanwhile it was upfront.

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
@ Nessacanada, I think Ghanaians and Nigerians apply through the consulate in Accra and on the study permit I downloaded for Ghana, it stated if you are applying for September intake, you can submit from May and June and September and October for January intake. So I believe that your documents will be processed hopefully from this month onwards. Let's keep our fingers crossed for something better.

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
Losangeles101 said:
is your admission for Fall or. May intake? Submitted mine yesterday for Fall intake. If yours is for fall intake I read they usually make decisions from May Onwards .
My admission is for fall intake. I have not applied yet as I still have to put some documents in place. Done the police clearance, upfront medical to be done tomorrow. However, I shd be ready to submit my application by end of May and hope I get the visa before September;)

Does anyone of you have a full scholarship? Which universities and which courses are you looking at??

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Ckonadu said:
My admission is for fall intake. I have not applied yet as I still have to put some documents in place. Done the police clearance, upfront medical to be done tomorrow. However, I shd be ready to submit my application by end of May and hope I get the visa before September;)

Does anyone of you have a full scholarship? Which universities and which courses are you looking at??
Had full tuition from Windsor... For winter 2018 and partial scholarships from Manitoba for Fall 2017. Applying for Umanitoba... MA Political Studies... What about your case?