+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
AMEN......MY HUSBAND IS WITH ME IN CANADA AS HE CAME IN ON A STUDENT VISA AND NOW ON A WORK VISA.....I PRAY WE ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS SOON

@ Genegene,

great , you are lucky your husband is with you. you don't have to pass through loneliness of living by yourself.

meaning your application is inside Canada not outside Canada?

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
@ Genegene,

great , you are lucky your husband is with you. you don't have to pass through loneliness of living by yourself.

meaning your application is inside Canada not outside Canada?
WE DID AN OUTSIDE CANADA APPLICATION AS ADVISED BY OUR LAWYER

becos

Aug 25, 2016
is about 10 months now.

We applied March 2016, 14 months now
Hi Praise77, I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting. My suggestion would be you contact your MP. Emailing the ministers office won't do anything in regards to the specifics of your application. Also you're unfortunately not quite over the "processing time", it's 16 months so I don't believe any one can truly intervene until after that. Start by contacting your MP to meet them and have them look into your file. They can't influence anything however, they can see where you're at in the process. Good luck.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Hello Guys a got and email from AVO. They are requesting for an additional documents. The also said that i didint declare my historical identity. Please guys, i dont know what that means. Please i need yout help because i have 30 days to provide the evidence.

Below is the letter from AVO

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In addition, we have concerns that you have not disclosed your true identity as you have not provided historical evidence in support of your claimed identity.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage and your identity.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.
wow this is worrying..you need to start looking for additional evidence to prove your marriage is genuine, pictures and phone logs needs to be added and additional pictures...places you went to together...hurry

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
ISN'T IT HIGH TIME WE PLAN A PRESS BRIEFING WITH CBS NEWS..

IN OTHER TO DRAW THE ATTENTION OF POLITICIANS.

BECAUSE IT'S APPARENT WE GENERATE MORE MONEY BECAUSE OF OUR MANY APPLICATIONS.

WHAT IS THE OFFICE IN NIGERIA DOING, .... ??????

WHY IS EVERYTHING BEING SENT TO GHANA..?????

WHY CAN'T THEY INCREASE STAFF STRENGTH..?????

FOR THE FILIPINOS,,THIS PROCESS TAKES 3 MONTHS...

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
ISN'T IT HIGH TIME WE PLAN A PRESS BRIEFING WITH CBS NEWS..

IN OTHER TO DRAW THE ATTENTION OF POLITICIANS.

BECAUSE IT'S APPARENT WE GENERATE MORE MONEY BECAUSE OF OUR MANY APPLICATIONS.

WHAT IS THE OFFICE IN NIGERIA DOING, .... ??????

WHY IS EVERYTHING BEING SENT TO GHANA..?????

WHY CAN'T THEY INCREASE STAFF STRENGTH..?????

FOR THE FILIPINOS,,THIS PROCESS TAKES 3 MONTHS...

Honestly ,

I agree with you
I'm so tired. 9 month in one week and still NOTHING !!

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
This is really sad and the wait is becoming unbearable. I hope something good happens soon for everyone waiting.

Lauraray

Nov 6, 2016
Hello All,

So from the email campaign, I got the reply below from the Minister's office. Anyone know what "...being actively processed..." could mean? Cos with AVO's silence one can't be so sure.

Dear …..:

Thank you for your correspondence of April 3, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your spouse’s application for permanent residence. We apologize for the delay in responding to you.

We understand your wish to have your husband join you in Canada as soon as possible. Our records indicate that his file is being actively processed at the office in Accra. Although I cannot provide you with a precise date of completion, please rest assured that officials will contact you and your husband should they require additional information or documents or to inform you of the next steps.

Please note that the processing time, as published on our Websitehttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp , for the Spousal Sponsorship category, currently stands at 12 months.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Hello All,

So from the email campaign, I got the reply below from the Minister's office. Anyone know what "...being actively processed..." could mean? Cos with AVO's silence one can't be so sure.

Dear …..:

Thank you for your correspondence of April 3, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your spouse’s application for permanent residence. We apologize for the delay in responding to you.

We understand your wish to have your husband join you in Canada as soon as possible. Our records indicate that his file is being actively processed at the office in Accra. Although I cannot provide you with a precise date of completion, please rest assured that officials will contact you and your husband should they require additional information or documents or to inform you of the next steps.

Please note that the processing time, as published on our Websitehttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp , for the Spousal Sponsorship category, currently stands at 12 months.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.
this is another diplomatic response that has no value or any sort of commitment where you can hold them responsible...it holds no water really

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
Does anyone know how long is Nigerian visitor visa valid for? There is no specification about expiry on it and I heard there are fines for overstaying your visa in Nigeria.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
@ praise77 sorry for the late reply the email address is minister@cic.gc.ca for you to email them and have your concerns acknowledged and you can go to your local mp and ask them for updates on your file i see no harm in trying.