+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Batman_is_Real said:
what would be ideal solution for following situation.?

pre-ITA I answered no for question asking if I have ever applied for IRCC, at that point I assume it's asking for PR, post ITA and after discussion on forum I realize the answer for that question should be yes if you have applied for study or work permit as well. So I changed the answer in my e-APR but I can't change my pre-ITA forms and there is a mismatch with e-APR,

what should I do and If I need to provide LOE what should I write in that.?
No issues. You can mention YES in the e-APR and submit a LOE for the same. You cannot edit your EE profile once you receive ITA.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I added my now wife to my application after COPR, and today I received the "ready for visa" email. The email however is addressed only to me, no mention of my spouse although it reads "you and your accompanying dependants" a lot but it's the same email I received when I got PPR when I was single. I presume this is Ok and I should proceed and post both of our passports now?

Batman_is_Real said:

pre-ITA I answered no for question asking if I have ever applied for IRCC, at that point I assume it's asking for PR, post ITA and after discussion on forum I realize the answer for that question should be yes if you have applied for study or work permit as well. So I changed the answer in my e-APR but I can't change my pre-ITA forms and there is a mismatch with e-APR,

No harm in providing a short explanation. Write what you just said :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ufa6174 said:
Hi Asivad,

I added my now wife to my application after COPR, and today I received the "ready for visa" email. The email however is addressed only to me, no mention of my spouse although it reads "you and your accompanying dependants" a lot but it's the same email I received when I got PPR when I was single. I presume this is Ok and I should proceed and post both of our passports now?
I suppose all accompanying members on the application will be given a fresh COPR if any changes were made after a COPR was issued previously AFAIK. Go ahead and submit the passports of the PA and all accompanying dependents.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose all accompanying members on the application will be given a fresh COPR if any changes were made after a COPR was issued previously AFAIK. Go ahead and submit the passports of the PA and all accompanying dependents.
Yes. I'd already sent back my passport for COPR cancellation. I'm just wondering in the case you're applying with your spouse, should you expect to receive PPR email for each of you or just for the PA? Mine made no mention of my spouse and I seem to remember long ago that people used to post questions revolving around the same topic implying this could be the case.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ufa6174 said:
Yes. I'd already sent back my passport for COPR cancellation. I'm just wondering in the case you're applying with your spouse, should you expect to receive PPR email for each of you or just for the PA? Mine made no mention of my spouse and I seem to remember long ago that people used to post questions revolving around the same topic implying this could be the case.
AFAIK, one application = one PPR. I don't think separate PPRs are sent for each accompanying member on application.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the PA and my spouse is travelling to Australia and going to work there for this year with Australian PR which we have got recently. My questions are:
1. Do we need to intimate CIC?
2. How can we stamp his visa after PPR?
3. Will this change affect our PR processing even if we intimate?

girlgoneinternational

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-3-2017
Batman_is_Real said:

As far as I understand the answer should be NO . I am a CEC candidate and when it asks for if you have applied to IRCC before it specifically asks for PR ( does not state though) . If you answer YES it will further ask you to mention what was the outcome and what is the reason for you to reapply ? In that case you will be asked to submit schedule A . As a CEC candidate is obvious that you have already applied for work permit to be able to work legally in Canada . I answered NO to this question . However that's just my opinion .

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad and other seniors can you please help me with this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-plz-help-can-i-claim-this-work-experience-t467915.0.html

I am really confused and need some opinion before I can submit my e-APR.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Asivad, please help to clear my doubt

While I was working in Sri Lanka, my wife visited me frequently on a tourist visa and in total her stay was more than 6 months but not in one stretch. So is Sri Lankan PCC required for her?
CIC website mentions the following for Sri Lanka PCC
If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

So living in SL on a tourist visa means legal status? Or if you are here on a residence/work visa then does that count as legal status only..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Asivad... I'm writing to you from a confused newbie perspective.

I've read previous responses from you on student loans and I have seen lots of people get pr from the UK with loans. My only question that I really, really can't decide on is whether I declare them. Student loans don't come out of my account and instead come out of my salary pre tax, so I don't really have a choice. I'm not even declaring current work experience and I have no need to submit any UK payslips so there's no hint of it in my documents. I cannot locate a single case of misrepresentation on the net linking to this. So, apart from my 6 months of statements, do I list the loan?

I mean, cic does state ALL accounts and ALL loans and credit cards.

My only other thought is this: as my 6 months of statements includes money from my current job... If I submit my payslips which says 'student loan' on them... It both satisfys where my salary comes from and 'declares' my student loan implicitly. .... Thoughts? I mean... That's the same as a monthly mortgage payment on their account, right? People don't submit their full mortgage documents do they?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Asivad... I'm writing to you from a confused newbie perspective.

I've read previous responses from you on student loans and I have seen lots of people get pr from the UK with loans. My only question that I really, really can't decide on is whether I declare them. Student loans don't come out of my account and instead come out of my salary pre tax, so I don't really have a choice. I'm not even declaring current work experience and I have no need to submit any UK payslips so there's no hint of it in my documents. I cannot locate a single case of misrepresentation on the net linking to this. So, apart from my 6 months of statements, do I list the loan?

I mean, cic does state ALL accounts and ALL loans and credit cards.

My only other thought is this: as my 6 months of statements includes money from my current job... If I submit my payslips which says 'student loan' on them... It both satisfys where my salary comes from and 'declares' my student loan implicitly. .... Thoughts? I mean... That's the same as a monthly mortgage payment on their account, right? People don't submit their full mortgage documents do they?
Overthinking this. And that's perfectly normal while dealing with IRCC.

You do not have to disclose your student loan or any other loan. The only loan which might interest IRCC is the one potentially taken for settlement funds (of course, such a loan would get the application refused). No other loans need be declared in your application and it is definitely not misrepresentation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Chef Sumit said:
hi Asivad, please help to clear my doubt

While I was working in Sri Lanka, my wife visited me frequently on a tourist visa and in total her stay was more than 6 months but not in one stretch. So is Sri Lankan PCC required for her?
CIC website mentions the following for Sri Lanka PCC
If you do not have legal status, you are not required to provide a Sri Lankan police certificate. If you are asked for a Sri Lankan police certificate, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Sri Lanka because certificates are only available to people who have legal status.”

So living in SL on a tourist visa means legal status? Or if you are here on a residence/work visa then does that count as legal status only..
If she is not currently in Srilanka AND she doesn't hold a status (such as a Permanent Resident status etc), then it means that she does not have status IMO. In this specific case, you might not have to submit a PCC for her.

Ya9545

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Canadian son who is 9 months old part of PR application and currently we are in India. Do i need to complete Medicals for him along with us for eAPR?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Overthinking this. And that's perfectly normal while dealing with IRCC.

You do not have to disclose your student loan or any other loan. The only loan which might interest IRCC is the one potentially taken for settlement funds (of course, such a loan would get the application refused). No other loans need be declared in your application and it is definitely not misrepresentation.
Thank you. I have trust issues with IRCC. That and my general anxiety and usual method of only thinking about something after I have already finished it means I'm picking over everything now.