+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Advise needed.

I have my funds ready in my hand in the form of cash. And I am going to open a new account next week for the purpose of Immigration.

1. Is it fine to open new account and put the cash in bank and make the gift deed. May be I get ITA say in February then I wont be able to show 6 month Statement.

2. I have a monthly rental income from a property which is on my name if i keep putting that in the same account every month and then withdraw it as need.

3. I also have rental income from an other property which is not on my name but as a gift from my brother i get the monthly rental income - how to explain this to CIC.

1. What is the source of this funds? You will have to prove that it did not originate from a loan. If you cannot prove the source, then deposit the funds into your parents or siblings account and get it transferred to your account and then get a gift deed for the same.

2. Is the rental income deposited to your bank account by the tenant or do you collect cash? Do you have proof to show that you have a rental income?

3. Again as explained in the above two points, explaining to CIC the source of cash especially if you do not have any proof for the same would be difficult (however legitimate the source may be). The idea is to leave an electronic trace looks more genuine than cash deposits. This way the gift deed and proof of transfer along with bank sttaments would help as proof of funds.

The fund is from my Father in form of cash and He will make gift deed for me.

Yes, I have rental agreement to show and the property documents in my name will this be enough?

For second case. Have rental agreement for this also is in place but the property is not in my name.
So will some kind of undertaking from my brother that he by his free will have given me Authority to take the rental income and use for my self

Bank transfer will cost me 6% fee, if my father transfer one short from his bank into my account, which is a lot of money. For this very reason I got cash in my hand.

So if He transfer in small quantities for say 2k CAD$ per check/per day and then make the gift deed. will this activity look suspicious?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well crap...

So I actually took a photo of my USA refusal letter at the time of flagpolling. Found it on my phone.

We were told it was an admin refusal but it clearly says refusal.

So now, obviously we will declare it however thinking back we applied and were rejected for a work visa after this and I said no to a refusal. Is the past declaration going to bite me???

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kryt0n said:
Well crap...

So I actually took a photo of my USA refusal letter at the time of flagpolling. Found it on my phone.

We were told it was an admin refusal but it clearly says refusal.

So now, obviously we will declare it however thinking back we applied and were rejected for a work visa after this and I said no to a refusal. Is the past declaration going to bite me???
Not necessarily. No. As long as you truthfully declare this in your current application, you are good to go IMO.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not necessarily. No. As long as you truthfully declare this in your current application, you are good to go IMO.
Thanks for this. I'm not even sure my work visa was processed fully as it was rejected due to no lmia. I'm just combing through everything and terrified!

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Hello Asivad....Came across this forum and wanted some FREE advice :)

I am planning to take a year off my employment to be with my new born baby. I am currently outside of my home country as wife works abroad. I have a provincial nominee application pending and at the same time on 456 points in EE. I hope the points will drop below that level in coming months and since the processing time is shorter in EE i prefer it over paper based provincial nominee. So my question is will taking a long break from employment hurt my application at CIC stage (either through EE or Provincial nominee)? What should be the way forward for me?

Thanking you in advance and I must congratulate you on your enormous help you are providing here in this forum.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
saroj83 said:
Hello Asivad....Came across this forum and wanted some FREE advice :)

I am planning to take a year off my employment to be with my new born baby. I am currently outside of my home country as wife works abroad. I have a provincial nominee application pending and at the same time on 456 points in EE. I hope the points will drop below that level in coming months and since the processing time is shorter in EE i prefer it over paper based provincial nominee. So my question is will taking a long break from employment hurt my application at CIC stage (either through EE or Provincial nominee)? What should be the way forward for me?

Thanking you in advance and I must congratulate you on your enormous help you are providing here in this forum.
As long as you are eligible under the program that you are applying to at the time of submission of your PR application, you are good to go. Being unemployed doesn't have any negative impact on your application AFAIK.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kryt0n said:
Thanks for this. I'm not even sure my work visa was processed fully as it was rejected due to no lmia. I'm just combing through everything and terrified!
Paranoia is a part of the process - dealing with IRCC is stressful.

Good luck!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Paranoia is a part of the process - dealing with IRCC is stressful.

Good luck!
Thanks, but you really think this isn't as big a problem as I think?

They even spelt my boyfriend's last name wrong on the refusal letter!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kryt0n said:
Thanks, but you really think this isn't as big a problem as I think?

They even spelt my boyfriend's last name wrong on the refusal letter!
Nah, I don't think it is. People make mistakes sometimes and that is okay. IMO, mention it this time - it is extremely unlikely for IRCC to consider it misrepresentation.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi Asivad and seniors,

I have an urgent question,

I received an ITA on Dec 2016, and I am working on my PR application right now. I added my spouse's work experience but I don't have any proofs for it. I claimed 0 points for his work so is it 100% safe to remove those from Work Experience section and add it in the Personal History section?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hanan22 said:
Hi Asivad and seniors,

I have an urgent question,

I received an ITA on Dec 2016, and I am working on my PR application right now. I added my spouse's work experience but I don't have any proofs for it. I claimed 0 points for his work so is it 100% safe to remove those from Work Experience section and add it in the Personal History section?
Yes. Work experience of the dependent doesn't add any benefit whatsoever to the application. You can remove it from the work history section and retain it in the personal history section alone.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. Work experience of the dependent doesn't add any benefit whatsoever to the application. You can remove it from the work history section and retain it in the personal history section alone.
Thank you so much, but I am really worried that my application might get rejected because of this? did you try yourself?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hanan22 said:
Thank you so much, but I am really worried that my application might get rejected because of this? did you try yourself?
No because I do not have a dependent. However, I am certain that this information is anything but superfluous. Work/Education history sections are for claiming points - any activity for which you are not claiming points for(CRS points OR points towards the FSW points grid) can be kept out of these 2 sections and retained only in the personal history section.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
No because I do not have a dependent. However, I am certain that this information is anything but superfluous. Work/Education history sections are for claiming points - any activity for which you are not claiming points for(CRS points OR points towards the FSW points grid) can be kept out of these 2 sections and retained only in the personal history section.
Thank you so much,

Update:

I just called CIC and they told me even though I claimed 0 points for my spouse's work experience, I still need to list all of his work experience under the work experience section and personal details section.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanan22 said:
Thank you so much,

Update:

I just called CIC and they told me even though I claimed 0 points for my spouse's work experience, I still need to list all of his work experience under the work experience section and personal details section.
No harm if you include them in there. Only drawback is that the system will prompt you for documents unnecessarily given that you aren't claiming points for that. If you don't include that under Work history but only under Personal history, you're still declaring everything with the added advantage of not having to provide additional documents.

Your call. Either of those options work perfectly fine.