+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hey hi sorry for late reply.

My application was online used lawyer:
Application was very simple:
My documents:
Work permit
Pay stubs
Job letter
Sopose:
All educational docs
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate
Passport , 2 photos,
Child docs:
Birth certificate
Passport
2 photos
And lots of prayers of family and friends and off course luck as well. :)
env said:
@ JK Jeet
Can you please share the list of documents that you attached for the SOWP application?

Thanks in advance :)
[/quote

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
butterfly11 said:
Hi Manojv,

May I know what is the reason of your refusal before?
Did you add more supporting documents?
Did you use a lawyer?

Sorry to ask you lots of questions. Just that we are in the process of reapplying again. Hopefully we will do this right now..

Thanks again.
first refused which is SOWP - online application.
1.purpose of visit.
2.employment prospects in country of residence.
3.any history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.
second time applied visit visa
1.your travel history
2.your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
3.purpose of visit.
and also
Section 40(1)(a): For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that includes or could induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Section 40(1)(a) and Section 40(2)(a):You are still inadmissible to Canada as a period of two years has not passed since your prior refusal.

i was shocked for the above response and did a case specific enquiry and said "Please explain what did i misrepresented so that I could submit a possible explanation or I will submit relevant documents".

I got a positive response saying "After careful review of your application there is not misrepresentation on you case and attached copy is the new refusal letter".
They sent a new refusal letter with below.

1.your travel history
2.your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
3.purpose of visit.
and I got doubt on first refusal letter and did case specific enquiry again.
and I got a positive response saying "Due to a technical glitch we have sent you wrong refusal letter. Attached copy is new refusal letter"
1.length of proposed stay in Canada.
2.purpose of visit.
3.personal assets and financial status.

I used lawyer for second time.But lawyer directed me completely wrong direction which I have applied for visit visa. I have applied on my own and used this blog.
I am very thankful to members of this blog who helped me with their experiences

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi, Thanks for the detailed response. Did you make an explanation letter on your new application in response to the refusal? And you applied online or paper?

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
butterfly11 said:
Hi, Thanks for the detailed response. Did you make an explanation letter on your new application in response to the refusal? And you applied online or paper?
third time its a paper based application and I did not submitted any explanation letter.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Sorry, been reviewing my posts and I realized you already answered my question about the explanation letter. Congrats once again!

We will try to reapply again as my common law partner got rejected last Oct 28 for the reason that we did not demonstrate that we are in common law relationship.
The only reason I could think of is that in the Form IMM5409 we put in the total number of years that we are in a relationship (6yrs++ to present)
I got confused with the phrase "cohabited in the conjugal relationship", wherein in our cover letter we explained that we are living together from 2009-2012 then I left and came to Canada 2012.

Please anybody can give your input about his refusal?
Do you think I can explain that I made a mistake about the Statutory Common Law Form?

In my PNP application and in all my other work permit applications I always put in 2009-2012, however for some reason I read somewhere that I can put upto present because conjugal means that you are in a relationship but due to some circumstances you can not live together.

I would like to admit my mistake about it when we will reapply.

I believe that our supportinh documents are enough to prove that we are in common law on those years.

-Supporting docs we provided are:

Lease contract
Joint bank account from 2010-present
My CRA tax showing my partner as my common law
My insurance showing him as beneficiary

-Other docs provided:

Photos showing our life story from 2008-present
Facebook, wechat, skype screenshots of conversation from 2012-present
Bank statements we deposited in our joint account
Bank Certificates
Mails/Gifts to each other
Utility bills showing our names in the same address
Hotel bookings and travels together even receipts both in our names...etc

Kindly help me share your input before we will reapply again. I am thinking of hiring a lawyer about this. But maybe we can just do it again on our own.

In my next application I will attached my AOR from my PNP application. We actually applied using my Alberta nomination Certificate as he is entitled to apply for SOWP.
Do you think showing them that he is my dependant for my PNP will make our case stronger?
My work permit will expire on 2017.

Thanks everyone. Hope somebody can help.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
spouse open work permit rejected

Kindly help guys,

We will try to reapply again as my common law partner got rejected last Oct 28 for the reason that we did not demonstrate that we are in common law relationship.
The only reason I could think of is that in the Form IMM5409 we put in the total number of years that we are in a relationship (6yrs++ to present)
I got confused with the phrase "cohabited in the conjugal relationship", wherein in our cover letter we explained that we are living together from 2009-2012 then I left and came to Canada 2012.

Please anybody can give your input about his refusal?
Do you think I can explain that I made a mistake about the Statutory Common Law Form?

In my PNP application and in all my other work permit applications I always put in 2009-2012, however for some reason I read somewhere that I can put upto present because conjugal means that you are in a relationship but due to some circumstances you can not live together.

I would like to admit my mistake about it when we will reapply.

I believe that our supportinh documents are enough to prove that we are in common law on those years.

-Supporting docs we provided are:

Lease contract
Joint bank account from 2010-present
My CRA tax showing my partner as my common law
My insurance showing him as beneficiary

-Other docs provided:

Photos showing our life story from 2008-present
Facebook, wechat, skype screenshots of conversation from 2012-present
Bank statements we deposited in our joint account
Bank Certificates
Mails/Gifts to each other
Utility bills showing our names in the same address
Hotel bookings and travels together even receipts both in our names...etc

Kindly help me share your input before we will reapply again. I am thinking of hiring a lawyer about this. But maybe we can just do it again on our own.

In my next application I will attached my AOR from my PNP application. We actually applied using my Alberta nomination Certificate as he is entitled to apply for SOWP.
Do you think showing them that he is my dependant for my PNP will make our case stronger?
My work permit will expire on 2017.

Thanks everyone. Hope somebody can help.

[/quote]

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Hi Friends,

I came to Canada as Open Work Permit Status in 2014, when i applied for work permit in my home country as dependent of my spouse who is on student permit in Canada at that time. At that time i got OWP and i came to canada. Recently my work permit was expired.

I and my Spouse both applied for work permits, My spouse applied for Post graduate work permit and i applied for extension of my OWP. Now Immigration department approved PGWP for my spouse but they refused my application with in a week my spouse application was approved. And they are saying as

"As the spouse of a holder of a Post Graduate work permit, you have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada"

Please help me if you have any information about this,
What is the process for applying for Restoration of Work Permit, What are the documents have to submit.

I am confused, do I need to submit any “Explanation Letter” why i am applying for restoration or not? if so what is the format for the letter.

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Hi

I tried to fill the questionnaire for "Restoration of status with open work permit" in CIC Website, and its was showing the below optional documents to upload

Optional Documents

--Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada
--Letter of Explanation

I have few Questions to know:

1. Why it was asking "Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada", I am living in Canada now, do i have to fill this form

2. Please help me with any sample "Letter of Explanation" for "Restoration of status with open work permit"

And in the page it was not showing any option to upload my spouse employment letter, and past refusal letter. Where i have to upload these two documents.

Please help me, the 90 days time was moving so fast, almost completed 60 days.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Kumard21,

Your spouse needs a skill job before you are eligible. That was the only reason why you were denied.

Once she gets a job in Skill OAB, then you can reapply. Hopes this helps.

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Hi Friends,

I have applied for extension of Open Work Permit in May 2015 and the application was refused in September 2015,

My original Work Permit was expired in July 2015

Now I am applying for Restoration of status with Open Work Permit,

While i am filling the below form I got one doubt in BACKGROUND INFORMATION Column:

Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada (IMM 5710)

In the below options which check boxes I have to select

Question 2

Check the box to indicate if you have ever:

1. Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status, attended school without authorization or worked without authorization in Canada?

Yes or No

2. Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Yes or No

3. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

Yes or No

If you checked “Yes” to one of the above questions, provide details.

For which questions i have to select YES or NO

Please clear my doubt.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi All

I need some advise if any senior member has came across any situation like I have at the moment.

Applied for my Husband SOWP online : 7th october (india )
I am MPNP holder spouse was dependant in that and I am working having NOC C. According to CIC website :

The section 5.27 (page 58 of 191) of Foreign Worker Manual (FW 1) - Public policy, competitiveness and economy R205(c)(ii), and also the information on CIC, which states “Spouses or common-law
partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province will be entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s
occupation.”

My spouse is eligible for SOWP disregarding my NOC. But we still got a refusal on 4th november and the only reason is in others : Spouse NOC. If some one can advise what should I do now?

Thanks
Vagaur

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Did you write it in the letter? I am NOC C as well, but I dont understand why you get refuse if that is the reason?
Did you include your nomination certificate?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
butterfly11 said:
Did you write it in the letter? I am NOC C as well, but I dont understand why you get refuse if that is the reason?
Did you include your nomination certificate?
Hi Butterfly11

I attached my MPNP certificate with my explanation letter and the very 1st thing in that letter was the law under which my spouse is eligible for Open Work Permit. I feel that the immigration officer didn't even read my explanation letter. Its realy annoying and I have no more trust on Canadian immigration. I sent an email to their supervisor almost 3weeks back at Delhi immigration and haven't heard back from her yet. Don't know what is taking her so long to check if the rfusal was on right basis or not.

Regards

Vagaur

Jazbia Usman

Oct 17, 2015
hi, plzz guide me what documents are required for spouse open work permit visa as my husband lives in quebec canada , full time student. n my eduaction is intermediate n im working in company as hr associates. he is applying from canada online .. kindly guide me with the documents i'll be needed to show n is there any problems or hurdles i may have to face due to my low level of education ??

Jazbia Usman

Oct 17, 2015
hi, plzz guide me what documents are required for spouse open work permit visa as my husband lives in quebec canada , full time student. n my eduaction is intermediate n im working in company as hr associates. he is applying from canada online .. kindly guide me with the documents i'll be needed to show n is there any problems or hurdles i may have to face due to my low level of education ??