+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
kyle said:
hi sarkris12

read your post about applying WITHIN CANADA WHILE YOUR SPOUSE is in INDIA.

our representative actually advised my CLP to apply me (SOWP) and my son (TRV)
using his MYCIC account to make it as an IN CANADA APPLICATION.

what are the chances of this? is this the same process you made? hope to hear from you soon. thank you
Bro, i am going to apply my spouse OWP within a week, but i have a doubt about submitting online documents. There will be a attachment option to submit forms, passport copy, picture or additional letter. But how we can submit proof of marriage(pictures, emails, online chatting etc). As you said that make one PDF file for all documents, but it will be way big file and attaching pictures emails and other stuff doesn't look appropriate in this one PDF doc. Is there a separate option to submit these proofs or what else you suggest?

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For SOWP we are going with upfront medicals so while answering the CIC question for medical stating that whether medical has been done or not in last 12 months should be YES or NO.

If YES it ask me the proof of medical , so as a proof I should attach the medical in that space?

Thanks

loomingtiger

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
rkapoor said:
For SOWP we are going with upfront medicals so while answering the CIC question for medical stating that whether medical has been done or not in last 12 months should be YES or NO.

If YES it ask me the proof of medical , so as a proof I should attach the medical in that space?

Thanks
yes,

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 7 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
can anyone please help me . i want to apply for spouse work permit . we got married on 22nd nov this year. i am on workpermit until aug 2016. can anyone tell me how long does it usually take to get the work permit ? whats the possibility of her getting the work permit ? thanks

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Baljas said:
can anyone please help me . i want to apply for spouse work permit . we got married on 22nd nov this year. i am on workpermit until aug 2016. can anyone tell me how long does it usually take to get the work permit ? whats the possibility of her getting the work permit ? thanks
Hi Baljas

Your work permit duration can be a trouble. As visa processing takes minimum 2 months and after those 2 months you should be having a valid visa for 6 months which is 8 months in total so the best way would be apply SOWP within a week or so and apply it via delhi embassy but if your wife is Punjab Haryana or Himachal Resident than I am really sorry but Chandigarh Embassy Processing time is 4 Months which won't be good for your visa application. With immigration you can never predict anything so I will say hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I will pray that you guys get the visa.

Good Luck
Vagaur

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
I am new this forum recently approved pgwp and trv, I have small job in Canada IT company.my spouse and 2 year daughter in home country.what documents are need to applied .Please help me

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
My wife just went to canada on a study permit for her PG for two years along with my 14 month old daughter.
I am into my own business of imports of recyclable metal scraps here which I can even look around for in canada but now my daughter is not able to cope up with out the parents we'll there so my wife wants me to seek my possibilities of getting a SWOP and try to stay in canada for the time being till she settles our daughter well into day care.
Can you please help me as should I apply the work permit right here in my home country or should the application for SWOP be placed Once I am in canada??
Your responses are highly awaited and thnks well in advance.

loomingtiger

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
jijialex said:
I am new this forum recently approved pgwp and trv, I have small job in Canada IT company.my spouse and 2 year daughter in home country.what documents are need to applied .Please help me
If your job is skilled (NOC 0, A, B) then you are qualified to sponsor your dependants to come to Canada.

sweeteyes12

Oct 4, 2015
Hello there my husband is Canadian citizen he has his own business... We have spousal application in process here in the Philippines but processing time right now is 18 months we tried to apply TRV but got refused twice he wants to know if he can apply SOWP for me thanks in advance..

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

I just want to share my case of SOWP. I applied for my spouse SOWP on the basis of my PNP I have NOC C job and post grad work permit. My spouse got rejection within a month stating reason Spouse NOC which was an error( as the rules got changed after the rejection on 9th november). I sent an email to program manager at New Delhi in India and we received an email for passport request they have changed the status to open. So guys never lose hope it was our 3rd time that we applied for SOWP and this time we got it approved after the rejection.
Timeline

Applied online : 7th october 2015
Medical Passed : 10th October 2015
Rejection : 4th November ( Reason was error in law )
Sent email for reconsideration : 13th November program manager Delhi India ( Ms. Shannon Fraser )
Got file reopen : 9th Dec
Passport request : 9th Dec
Passport Submit : 9th Dec
Passport dispatched : 6th Jan
Online update : Approved 6th Jan
Passport Received : 7th Jan

This discussion group has helped me a lot.Thanks for the support and your views.

Vagaur

rbnayak

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Okay Guy, Have a quick question here. Applied SOWP on 2nd December ,2015 online and got the medical request on 4th January. At the same time, got the reassessment medical request for Submitted PR application on 7th January. Both medical request has separate IME number. Should do both medical or just one medical is enough and will be linked to both.? Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello,
My wife has cleared her medical exam and soon will be heading to Canada based on a Spouse Open Work Permit. I live in Edmonton and was wondering that if her first port of entry is Edmonton, will she be issued the work permit there or will she have to go through Toronto or Montreal? Please help. Thanks.