+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
try not to apply from within Canada. The wait times are extremely high... I applied 4 months ago and yet to hear from them.

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
nurat said:
try not to apply from within Canada. The wait times are extremely high... I applied 4 months ago and yet to hear from them.
The things is that she is here as a visitor... i'm thinking on do flagpole.... thanks for your information.

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
guillecr said:
The things is that she is here as a visitor... i'm thinking on do flagpole.... thanks for your information.
I myself applied for open work permit being a visitor inside canada. i applied on 6th september & still waiting for it.

Cansh

Jan 7, 2015
ankit.pahwa30 said:
I myself applied for open work permit being a visitor inside canada. i applied on 6th september & still waiting for it.
Hi ankit.pahwa30. I applied for a SOWP as a visitor in Canada. I made a online application to Delhi so outside canada. Did you make yours inside or outside canada?

Roopa.gr

Dec 11, 2013
4th time lucky Cheesy
By god's grace I have finally received my SOWP approval after a very long wait & previous 3 visitor visa refusals.

Application submitted - 18th Dec,15 ( @ VFS Bangalore with upfront medicals & passport)
Approval email received - 19th Jan,16
Passport - currently dispatched

My request to everyone planning their move to Canada... Dream BIG & Don't give up on your dreams under any circumstance. Ensure that your application is extremely strong with all relevant papers. Incase of prior refusals, seek CAIPS/GCMS notes before applying again.

All the best & I pray to god that all deserving applicants get their approvals soon.

syed_muzaffar

Jan 12, 2016
Congrates (Y) did you applied online or paper base ? your timeline is so fast, we are waiting since 5 months applied online pk isl

Roopa.gr said:
4th time lucky Cheesy
By god's grace I have finally received my SOWP approval after a very long wait & previous 3 visitor visa refusals.

Application submitted - 18th Dec,15 ( @ VFS Bangalore with upfront medicals & passport)
Approval email received - 19th Jan,16
Passport - currently dispatched

My request to everyone planning their move to Canada... Dream BIG & Don't give up on your dreams under any circumstance. Ensure that your application is extremely strong with all relevant papers. Incase of prior refusals, seek CAIPS/GCMS notes before applying again.

All the best & I pray to god that all deserving applicants get their approvals soon.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Can any One help me in providing the checklist for SOWP?

My Husband is in USA, so his application will be processed in USA ?

I am working on NOC - B in Canada on Open workpermit till 2018.

Thanks in Advance.

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
Cansh said:
Hi ankit.pahwa30. I applied for a SOWP as a visitor in Canada. I made a online application to Delhi so outside canada. Did you make yours inside or outside canada?
I sorry for late reply. I aplied inside canada. How can you apply outside canada if u r in Canada? I applied on 6th September. Blank update on 5th November. Medical Request on 18th January. Medical done on 20th January. Waiting for further info.

Cansh

Jan 7, 2015
ankit.pahwa30 said:
I sorry for late reply. I aplied inside canada. How can you apply outside canada if u r in Canada? I applied on 6th September. Blank update on 5th November. Medical Request on 18th January. Medical done on 20th January. Waiting for further info.
Thanks for sharing time line. Mine is a initial permit hence it has to be from my country of citizenship.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
guillecr said:
Sorry, but what is a flagpole? Is it a process for quicker SOWP?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
My Husband got two emails today saying that his passport has been dispatched. He applied through VFS New Delhi. Timelines:

Applied on :21st dec
Med Req: 07 Jan
Med done: 13th Jan
email/approval: 27th Jan

It doesn't say in the email if your application has been approved or not for paper based ones. But when you go to tracking on CIC not on VFS it will change the status from in progress to approved and gave me an ETA number as well.
With god's grace finally we will be together soon. ;D ;D
I wish good luck to all the applicants and pray to get the positive results soon!

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Navprateek said:
My Husband got two emails today saying that his passport has been dispatched. He applied through VFS New Delhi. Timelines:

It doesn't say in the email if your application has been approved or not for paper based ones. But when you go to tracking on CIC not on VFS it changed the status from in progress to approved and gave me an ETA number as well.
With god's grace finally we will be together soon. Grin Grin
I wish good luck to all the applicants and pray to get the positive results soon!

Congratulations!!!
I hope we get an update soon
Its been month, We haven't received any update online.

nelaturuk

Jan 27, 2016
Navprateek said:

It doesn't say in the email if your application has been approved or not for paper based ones. But when you go to tracking on CIC not on VFS it will change the status from in progress to approved and gave me an ETA number as well.
With god's grace finally we will be together soon. ;D ;D
Hi,

Is this the first time you are applying ? Can you provide any list of docs that you have submitted? And did u do it online or paper? Also, can you mention when did u get the email like specific time?

My husband applied on Dec 23rd so getting little bit antsy !

Thank you. And congrats :)