+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Navprateek said:
My Husband got two emails today saying that his passport has been dispatched. He applied through VFS New Delhi. Timelines:

Applied on :21st dec
Med Req: 07 Jan
Med done: 13th Jan
email/approval: 27th Jan

Hi there, how's your application? All good?
Just got the notice from VFS that the result has been dispatched but my fiance will go there on Monday.
The time is killing me...
We got 1 refusal the first time we applied.

It doesn't say in the email if your application has been approved or not for paper based ones. But when you go to tracking on CIC not on VFS it will change the status from in progress to approved and gave me an ETA number as well.
With god's grace finally we will be together soon. ;D ;D
I wish good luck to all the applicants and pray to get the positive results soon!

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi Butterfly,

I am not sure if I get your concern right or not. It seems like the mix up of my last post and your concern. If I am not wrong your fiance have applied for SOWP? And have recieved an email that passport has been dispatched. Did you get one email or two of them. Also do you have your application # one you might have recieved from CIC in an email. Just go to https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433
put the information in and you will be able to see the status

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
vagaur said:
Hi Everyone

I just want to share my case of SOWP. I applied for my spouse SOWP on the basis of my PNP I have NOC C job and post grad work permit. My spouse got rejection within a month stating reason Spouse NOC which was an error( as the rules got changed after the rejection on 9th november). I sent an email to program manager at New Delhi in India and we received an email for passport

request they have changed the status to open. So guys

never lose hope it was our 3rd time that we applied for SOWP and this time we got it approved after the rejection.
Timeline

Applied online : 7th october 2015
Medical Passed : 10th October 2015
Rejection : 4th November ( Reason was error in law )
Sent email for reconsideration : 13th November program manager Delhi India ( Ms. Shannon Fraser )
Got file reopen : 9th Dec
Passport request : 9th Dec
Passport Submit : 9th Dec
Passport dispatched : 6th Jan
Online update : Approved 6th Jan
Passport Received : 7th Jan

This discussion group has helped me a lot.Thanks for the support and your views.

Vagaur

Hi Vaguar, how are you?

Just would like to ask, where did you email for reconsideration before when you had refusal?
We got refusal for SOWP for the 2nd time.
I dont understand it now...I believe we have provided everything we could think of. I still have him attached with my PNP application though. But I want to understand why is this happening.

Please help thanks

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
Hello guys,
Is there anyone who applied for SOWP in December 2015 and still waiting for the results or got the acceptance or rejection?

Jaz87

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 july 2015
AOR Received.
27 oct 2015
Med's Request
April 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Gaman said:
Hi, I applied for my wife inside Canada online application.

M also waiting we applied online on nov 5th

Jojy Jose

Sep 9, 2015
HI ALL,
I (INDIAN)HAVE APPLIED FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT(SOWP) ONLINE FROM CANADA TRU A LAWYER ON OCT-27TH 2015 AND THE STATUS IN ONLINE IS SHOWN AS BELOW,MY WIFE'S STUDY PERMIT WILL EXPIRE IN DEC-2016 SO WILL IT BE AFFECTED AS THE PROCESSING IS TAKING TOO LONG,PLEASE SOMEBODY CAN GIVE CLARIFICATION ON IT.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..

APPLIED ON 27TH OCT 2015
APPLICATION/PROFILE STATUS:-OPEN
REVIEW OF MEDICAL RESULTS:pASSED
REVIEW OF SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS:-NO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME
SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW :NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
REVIEW OF BIO METRIC:-NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
FINAL DECISION:- NOT STARTED

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Hii
my spouse got 2 rejection one as a visitor and other as a sowp when i was a international student now i got a pg work permit, can i apply now her student visa.
Any help...please...it would be highly appreciated.

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,
I can see that your medical has been passed. My question is did they ask you for the medical or you just did the medical?
Thanks

Gaman

Sep 23, 2014
Jojy Jose said:
HI ALL,
I (INDIAN)HAVE APPLIED FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT(SOWP) ONLINE FROM CANADA TRU A LAWYER ON OCT-27TH 2015 AND THE STATUS IN ONLINE IS SHOWN AS BELOW,MY WIFE'S STUDY PERMIT WILL EXPIRE IN DEC-2016 SO WILL IT BE AFFECTED AS THE PROCESSING IS TAKING TOO LONG,PLEASE SOMEBODY CAN GIVE CLARIFICATION ON IT.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..

APPLIED ON 27TH OCT 2015
APPLICATION/PROFILE STATUS:-OPEN
REVIEW OF MEDICAL RESULTS:pASSED
REVIEW OF SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS:-NO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME
SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW :NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
REVIEW OF BIO METRIC:-NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
FINAL DECISION:- NOT STARTED
Hi
I just want to ask you that did cic ask you for the medical or you just did your medical?
Thanks

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Munny said:
Hii
my spouse got 2 rejection one as a visitor and other as a sowp when i was a international student now i got a pg work permit, can i apply now her student visa.
Any help...please...it would be highly appreciated.
Munni, that is very strange that your spouse open work permit application was refused, at that time your study permit may be near expiry date! But now once you have graduated, and if you have job in skill level "A" or "B" catagory, you can apply for her open work permit again, but if you do not have job in those skill sets, then your only bet would be to get either PNP certificate from any province or apply for her study permit.
So you can apply for her study permit, just attach all the supporting documents, as you did for your own study permit, and she should be able to get one. There is no law prohibiting her from applying.

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jaz87 and Gaman
I see you applied in Nov and dec (inland , online)and still haven't received any response.
Did you try calling cic as on their website it says 3 months.
I have submitted on 5th Jan with no medical (online inland) no repsonse yet.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Hi all,

Any one got any good news on their sowp?