+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hello Guys
Here is my timeline for Spouse Wp and Child visitor
(Islamabad Pakistan)

Applied: January 22, 2015
Medical request: July 22, 2015
Medical appointment: August 19, 2015
Medical passed: August 26, 2015
Passport request: September 09, 2015
Submitted: September 11, 2015
Requried further docs: September 13,2015
Submitted: October 02, 2015
Got Approval visa: October 09,2015 Smiley Smiley Cheesy

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

Note: 2 times Visitor and 1 Work permit rejected before!!

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
sarkris12 said:
Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on 30.12.2014 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in India)
Spouse has 2 previous visa rejections both student and visitor.No representative was used

Medical Request- on Jan 10th 2015
Medical Passed Medicals Done - on Jan 20th
Medicals Passed - on February 4th 2015
Passport Request - February 15th
Passport Submitted - February 19th
Visa Approval - February 26th

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter tab (both mine and husbands)

i hope this helps someone out there

Hello,

When you applied online for SOWP, did you have enough slots to upload all documents? I applied paper application in Canadian Embassy in Hong kong and my common law got rejected. I would to reapply online here in Canada with our documents again but when you answer the eligibility questions, It only gives you limited slots to upload documents. Can you please let me know what documents did you submit?
Thank you!

env

Oct 31, 2015
@ JK Jeet
Can you please share the list of documents that you attached for the SOWP application?

Thanks in advance :)

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi JK,

May I know if you replied to the rejection letter before?
We got rejected first time for my partner. He applied in Hong kong VFS Office.

Please..I just want to know If I can reapply

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
I have submitted sowp third time to cic bangalore on 7th sept. still did not got any reply. medicals submitted upfront.
first two time we received invalid reasons.second time was inadmissible for two years for submitting fake documents or invalid information :eek: :eek: :eek:.
we did case specific enquiry to check what was wrong so that we can submit explanations.I got reply saying after careful review of the application there is no such documents inadmissibility has taken off and sent new refusal latter.

So I applied for third time waiting for reply. :( :(

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Status updated early in the morning.

Passport has been dispatched from Bangalore CIC.fingers crossed hope for the best.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
manojv said:
Status updated early in the morning.

Passport has been dispatched from Bangalore CIC.fingers crossed hope for the best.
Hi,

Please keep us posted. By the way, is it your first application for SOWP?
Do you think it is possible to use the medical again of my partner, he did an upfront medical with his SOWP last August but application refused last week only. Can we still use it if we will submit the application again next week or with November?

Congrats in advance. Thank you

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
bobbyputhenveettil said:
hi friends...got passport request today (june 16) after 11 days of medical.. feeling happy... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D. will give passport at VFS chennai day after tommorrow......detailed timline on left..

Hi Bobby,

Congrats!

Just want to know if you made a response in your previous rejection before? Did you try to explain in your approved application as to why you think you had refusal before? I am planning to reapply and write in the letter which I think my mistake was.

Kindly help. Thank you

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
butterfly11 said:
Hi,

Please keep us posted. By the way, is it your first application for SOWP?
Do you think it is possible to use the medical again of my partner, he did an upfront medical with his SOWP last August but application refused last week only. Can we still use it if we will submit the application again next week or with November?

Congrats in advance. Thank you
Got email from CIC. Application is approved :D :D :D :D

Please guys don't loose hopes.

I have applied 3rd time for my wife.
1st time SOWP applied on April 25th online application medicals upfront.refused with irrelevant reasons on June 10th
2nd time Visit Visa applied on June 10th paper based application at VFS hyderabad got refused on june 23rd saying fraud documents submitted and inadmissible for two years.
i made case specific enquiry on both refusals and got positive response.which they sent wrongs refusal letters.
3rd applied on Sept8th paper based application at VFS hyderabad. got email today (Nov 6th)from CIC saying application approved.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
wow I admire you for not giving up!
Did you do a new medical even if your medical last time was still valid?
Did you attach a letter of explanation for the refusal in your application?

Thanks for your help.

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
butterfly11 said:
wow I admire you for not giving up!
Did you do a new medical even if your medical last time was still valid?
Did you attach a letter of explanation for the refusal in your application?

Thanks for your help.
No, I did not give medicals again.I did not submitted explanation. But submitted clear cover letter and also attached past email conversation with CIC about irrelevant refusal letters.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
manojv said:
No, I did not give medicals again.I did not submitted explanation. But submitted clear cover letter and also attached past email conversation with CIC about irrelevant refusal letters.
Hi Manojv,

May I know what is the reason of your refusal before?
Did you add more supporting documents?
Did you use a lawyer?

Sorry to ask you lots of questions. Just that we are in the process of reapplying again. Hopefully we will do this right now..

Thanks again.