+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
rajit85 said:
Applied Online on 28th June 2015
Medical Request on 7th July 2015
Medical Passed on 18th July 2015
Passport Request on 27th July 2015
Passport Deposited on 28th July 2015
Got Stamped Passport on 29th July 2015

Hi,

How much time required for Police clearance certificate ? Any Idea ? kindly,guide ..

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
can a principal sponsor apply for SOWP eventhough he is only NOC D?

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
pochfaye0704 said:
can a principal sponsor apply for SOWP eventhough he is only NOC D?
Unfortunately, the key requirement to be able to apply for SOWP is that the sponsor in Canada has to have a job in NOC o, A, B category. I am afraid, D category job doesn't make you eligible for the application.

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied Online for SOWP: 6 April
Got medical request 18 June
Medical passed 27 June
Got Passport request 5 August :)

jaja1812

Jun 13, 2015
SOWP timeline for my spouse.
Online application
Applied-July 14, 2015
Medical passed-July 15, 2015 (upfront)
Request of orig passport- August 4, 2015

zacknling

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
Dear All,

My working permit is about to extend, and I have few questions need to clarify, anyone who can assist/answer will be great!

I am going to apply my extended working permit also apply my spouse open work permit (just married). I am going to apply online and there have my application forms also my spouse application form listed.
I am in Canada the processing time is 100days, and for my spouse its said 5 months(Outside Canada). My question is ,

-If I am the principle applicant, will we get the work permit at the same time, or I will get mine and he will get his separately?

Much Appreciate.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just received my open work permit.

Applied April 28th with upfront medical
Application Approved August 13th
Inland Applicant.

My question is....Am I still on a visitor's status OR I am now on a work permit (Temporary Residence) status which is valid till next year.

Asking because I want to apply for study permit and resume school January since I am now on work permit status.

Thank you

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
JK Jeet said:
Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on January 20,2015 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in Pakistan)
Spouse has 3 previous visa rejections 2 visitor and 1 Wp with wrong reason asking for LMO of spouse. No representative was used

Medical Request- on July 22 2015
Medical Passed Medicals Appointment- 19 August 2015

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter and my pay stubs.

i hope this helps someone out there

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi,

Which is the correct form for spouse open work permit if it is an extension in Canada?
IMM 5710 or something else?
the 3. question is confsed - I am applying for one or more of the following:
1. Work permit- same employer
2. Restoration of your ststus as a worker
3. Initial work permit or work permit with a new employer
4. Temporary resident permit

which is correct If it was a spouse open work permit before?

we should apply on this week, for work permit extension for my husband ( no answer for LMIA), spouse open work permit for me and study extension for our daughter.

Thank you so much!

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi everyone,

Pls I need an information on statement of purpose and letter of reference For my husband to apply for an open work permit. I am a student in Canada.

Thanks

pama

May 10, 2015
Hai friends,

I need help, i am currenly in canada on my pg work permit. my husband is working in abu dhabi.i am going to apply for spouse open work permit online.bit confused because if i put applying country India then my application will process in India eventhough my husband in abu dhabi? or it is better to submit paper application in India? i am scared if they process it in Abu dhabi it may take too much time around 9 months. any idea?

thanks

Souviktor

Oct 8, 2014
Hi all,

I have question regarding my wife's visa requirements while on OWP.

We entered Canada last December. I came with a work permit (multiple entry W-1 category visa with expiry date 30th Nov, 2015, both my visa and work permit expires on 30th Nov., 2015). My wife accompanying me, got a multiple entry visitor visa (V-1 category) with expiry date in 2019. Later, from within Canada she applied and got her OWP as spouse of federal skilled worker. Her OWP expires when mine expires, i.e., 30th November 2015. We have already applied for my work permit and her OWP renewal and it is currently pending in MyCIC.

My question is, after November 30, what happens to her VISA? it expires in 2019, but the OWP will expire in November. She is travelling to India in the winter. Can she use her visa to enter Canada, say in January 2016, at least as a visitor?
My visa will expire in November, 2015. Perhaps we will get renewed work permits by November and then I will apply for renewing my visa.
Does she need to apply for a new visitor visa to enter Canada in January? What I am confused is, is VISA and work permit somehow related in her case or is her visa status related to my visa status? Since my visa will expire in November, I am concerned if that means her visa also expires, even though the expiry date on her visa is November 2019.

Thanks and regards.

PavS

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Her TRV is valid till 2019. Till that time she can enter canada as a visior(note the status).

But she has to get her SOWP extended to continue to work. And her dependent visa has to be extended to avail the OHIP and other facilities.(OHIP cannot be used if your status is Visitor).

simransandhu7

Aug 11, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
Doc's Request.
16-05-2016
Nomination.....
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
11-11-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
my husband has a NOC-B category work permit valid till february 2016. we applied for spouse open work permit for me and study permit for our 2 dependent sons on 06-08-2015 as paper application at VFS chandigarh. no contact for medical request yet from CIC. how much time can we expect them to process our application, and what can be the approval chances. and will we receive our decision on same day, and what processing times will apply, of SP or WP?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Let me explain my situation. I am a PhD student in Canada since Sep 2014. I applied for student permit without my wife and son in my application due to some circumstances. I had tried for visit visas but they got rejected thrice now over the past one year. I need advice whether I should go for open work permit for my wife or not. Also in my SOWP application, will my son be granted the visa or I have to apply for TRV for his case. Waiting for good advice.

Thanks