Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
gagnon_07 said:
What is the phone number to contact CIC? I need to change a payment I made.. I paid for the wrong fee and paid too much money, I want to fix this.. Anyone can tell me the number I can call to get some money back and/or transfer a payment?
1-888-242-2100
bonne chance

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
gagnon_07 said:
What is the phone number to contact CIC? I need to change a payment I made.. I paid for the wrong fee and pis ng aid too much money, I want to fix this.. Anyone can tell me the number I can call to get some money back and/or transfer a payment?
no need to worry they will get back to you when they process your file and refund your money. Just relax and wait. Even if you contact them they can only entertain when they start processing your file. Just relax and see.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
novembre2013 said:
hello everyone
Im a canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my husband who is on work permit.
I would like to apply through outland, since his country timeline is only 10 months vs inland.
Can I do that even if he lives and work here?
thank you
You can apply outland. The inland guide even encourages applicants to apply outland.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
MilesAway said:
You can apply outland. The inland guide even encourages applicants to apply outland.
thanks
but what adress should he put? since he lives with me, can he put our canadian adress even if it's an outland application?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
novembre2013 said:
thanks
but what adress should he put? since he lives with me, can he put our canadian adress even if it's an outland application?
yes. it's perfectly acceptable for the applicant to put a canadian mailing address on an outland application.

galuramarvin

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Hi Everyone Need Advice,
I am a Temporary Worker here in Alberta.and on August 2014 I met a girl from Vancouver she is a PR.
We are now in a Long Distance Relationship so we are planning to get married on December 2014 so we could be together after she sponsors me. Do we have a chance for approval even if we just met on August in a Long Distance Relationship, will get married in December and apply sponsorship maybe on February 2015? (We have continuous communications, videos,skype, phone records, we visit each others place and we are also applying for a joint bank account) Is itpossible enough if we present those proofs (we will also add wedding pics after our wedding) that our relationship is genuine? please help..thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
novembre2013 said:
thanks
Outland = "the application is processed at a visa office OUTSIDE Canada". In this case the applicant may be anywhere in the world, including in Canada. If in Canada, the applicant should remain in legal status.

Inland = "the application is processed INSIDE Canada". In this case the applicant must be living in Canada with the sponsor. If in Canada, the applicant need not be in legal status.

Inland is a special process - it's an exception to the general rule that one must apply at a visa office outside Canada. Outland is the general process and may be used by anyone.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yes. it's perfectly acceptable for the applicant to put a canadian mailing address on an outland application.
thanks.
computergeek said:
Outland = "the application is processed at a visa office OUTSIDE Canada". In this case the applicant may be anywhere in the world, including in Canada. If in Canada, the applicant should remain in legal status.

Inland = "the application is processed INSIDE Canada". In this case the applicant must be living in Canada with the sponsor. If in Canada, the applicant need not be in legal status.

Inland is a special process - it's an exception to the general rule that one must apply at a visa office outside Canada. Outland is the general process and may be used by anyone.
ok good. I wasn't sure and was afraid to make a mistake. He already apply under CEC in march but CIC made a mistake while hardcoding his file and then they sent back his application but Post Canada lost it...So now, I prefer double check everything ???

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liveforfuture said:
Can my husband Whois a visitor work at the family business?
Not without the proper work permit. He cannot even volunteer at the family business, if he does something that a person would normally be paid to do there.

Jiminito

Aug 11, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship for Hungarian Spouse (EU-Visa Exempt)

Dear All,

My wife and I are about to apply for the inland sponsorship and PR program. While filling out the Generic form, my wife realized that her National Identity Card had just expired, even though it was still valid when she entered Canada. We're not sure what we should do at this point? Should we select NO that she doesn't have a card? Will that cause the application to be rejected? Or can we provide a birth certificate as the national identity document?

Your replies will be very much appreciated, thank you.

J

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
gagnon_07 said:
What is the phone number to contact CIC? I need to change a payment I made.. I paid for the wrong fee and paid too much money, I want to fix this.. Anyone can tell me the number I can call to get some money back and/or transfer a payment?
How do I request a refund if I paid my fees online or with a fee receipt form (IMM 5401) at a financial institution in Canada?

You may request a refund in one of the following three ways:
•E-mail (CIC preferred): IPRMS-SIGPR@cic.gc.ca
•Mail: IPRMS Refunds, 300 Slater Street, JETN - 5th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 1L1
•Fax: 613-952-6399

Your request must include the following information:
•Your name;
•Your current address;
•Scanned copy of the receipt or the receipt number;
•Date of payment;
•Total payment amount;
•Reason for refund request; and
•If you cannot provide the receipt number, include: the first two and the last four numbers of the credit card used for payment, the card expiration date, and the cardholder’s name.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Re: Spousal sponsorship for Hungarian Spouse (EU-Visa Exempt)

Jiminito said:
Dear All,

My wife and I are about to apply for the inland sponsorship and PR program. While filling out the Generic form, my wife realized that her National Identity Card had just expired, even though it was still valid when she entered Canada. We're not sure what we should do at this point? Should we select NO that she doesn't have a card? Will that cause the application to be rejected? Or can we provide a birth certificate as the national identity document?

Your replies will be very much appreciated, thank you.

J
http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/home

This site has plenty of information, it would help to know what country your wife is from?

We're not sure what we should do at this point? Should we select NO that she doesn't have a card? Will that cause the application to be rejected? Or can we provide a birth certificate as the national identity document?:

If this where me, I'd reapply ASAP for a new card. Yes, your application will be sent back to you, CIC is very picky. There are more tenured folks in this forum that may have a better perspective to your question. I do believe however that your birth certificate would be efficient enough? However, I am from America. Does she have a passport? If her passport has expired then yes you'll need to hold off applying until a new passport has been obtained. Good luck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

This site shows the policy for identity cards per country

chef jun

Oct 9, 2014
Hello Leon or to anyone with good info;
I am a PR of Canada, my wife is a US citizen and was included in my PR application along with our children and done her medical and her paper works but at that time she was not decided if she is moving to Canada, so we have attached a letter of declaration that she would not be joining us at that moment and we didn't pay her landing fee. My question is, now is she is decided to leave and work in Canada. What should I do to activate her old application? Some immigration lawyer says that she need to apply for a new sponsorship application and it would take from 24 to 28 months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chef jun said:
Hello Leon or to anyone with good info;
I am a PR of Canada, my wife is a US citizen and was included in my PR application along with our children and done her medical and her paper works but at that time she was not decided if she is moving to Canada, so we have attached a letter of declaration that she would not be joining us at that moment and we didn't pay her landing fee. My question is, now is she is decided to leave and work in Canada. What should I do to activate her old application? Some immigration lawyer says that she need to apply for a new sponsorship application and it would take from 24 to 28 months.
The lawyer is correct. It's too late to activate her old application. You will have to submit a brand new application to sponsor her to Canada as your spouse.