London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
neochanges1 said:
I'm sponsoring my wife andI just got SA like a month ago and I'm planning on visiting my wife in my hometown for 2 months. Is that gonna affect our application? Thanks!
If you are a Canadian citizen, no. If you are a PR, yes quite possibly. CIC may consider that you are not resident in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Blacky94 said:
Thanks for your answer :)
One more thing, do the statutory declarations written by family/friends have to be signed by a commissioner of oaths/member of parlement? If so I guess they have to go there themselfs? I can't take them when we would do IMM5409/declaration common law..
I'll have to defer this question to someone who has been through the statutory declaration process.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
zardoz said:
If you are a Canadian citizen, no. If you are a PR, yes quite possibly. CIC may consider that you are not resident in Canada.
Yes I'm a PR would you happen to have an idea how long can I go out of Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neochanges1 said:
Yes I'm a PR would you happen to have an idea how long can I go out of Canada?
Three weeks is fine.

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
hi all,

i am living and working in California for more than 5 years. i am a naturalized Canadian citizen. i got married last year,now i am sponsoring my wife. what reason should i write to show i will return to Canada once my wife gets PR? also i am not sending "print out form C" the tax document; as i am living here in US. what should i attach with my application,would y job letter and pay stubs will be enough?

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
hi guys

i have one quick question . i have been in Canada for 5 years .i have recently applied for AINP nomination ( not PR Yet ) . i am just thinking to marry my bf and apply his file with me for PR UNDER INDEPENDENT SPOUSE .My question is this that he is a refugee claimant . what should we do now ? any suggestion will be helpful ? ;D :D

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am currently in Canada as a visitor & just sent out my application to be processed OUTLAND, through my home country. Does anyone know whether the PR visa will be waived, since I already have a visa in my passport. I just want to see whether or not i'll have to send my passport, which is bait scary because it can get lost travelling all the way back home!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Awmf2014 said:
Hello,

I am currently in Canada as a visitor & just sent out my application to be processed OUTLAND, through my home country. Does anyone know whether the PR visa will be waived, since I already have a visa in my passport. I just want to see whether or not i'll have to send my passport, which is bait scary because it can get lost travelling all the way back home!
If you hold a visa exempt passport (i.e. no visitor visa needed to enter Canada) then you will not have to send your passport for visa stamping when your PR is approved. If you hold a non-visa exempt passport, then you will have to send your passport to the visa office once they are ready to approve your application. Since you have a visa in your passport, I'm going to assume you are non-visa exempt which means you will in fact have to send the passport to the visa office.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I sponser my spouse by inland application in early September 2014 and currently she should be on implied status, but at the same time i also applied for her visitor visa. They grant her visitor visa for three months, and her sponsorship application still pending as we can on see July 31, 2013 under process since last few months.

My question is that it will take approximately 1.5 -2 years from now to reach first stage. Is that wise to keep renewing her visa as visitor visa because i am scared if at some time they reject the extension of visitor visa than where should i stay.

She still can stay on implied status.

Please guide me in this regard.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amjad3126 said:
I sponser my spouse by inland application in early September 2014 and currently she should be on implied status, but at the same time i also applied for her visitor visa. They grant her visitor visa for three months, and her sponsorship application still pending as we can on see July 31, 2013 under process since last few months.

My question is that it will take approximately 1.5 -2 years from now to reach first stage. Is that wise to keep renewing her visa as visitor visa because i am scared if at some time they reject the extension of visitor visa than where should i stay.

She still can stay on implied status.

Please guide me in this regard.
She has implied status only if OWP app was submitted along with inland app. In this case there is no need to apply for any extensions since she has implied status.

If no OWP was submitted then she does NOT have implied status. In this case she needs to keep requesting extensions.

And 1st stage approval is taking 13 months these days.

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
If you hold a visa exempt passport (i.e. no visitor visa needed to enter Canada) then you will not have to send your passport for visa stamping when your PR is approved. If you hold a non-visa exempt passport, then you will have to send your passport to the visa office once they are ready to approve your application. Since you have a visa in your passport, I'm going to assume you are non-visa exempt which means you will in fact have to send the passport to the visa office.
I have a visa valid until 2020. I just wanted to double check if I would have had to send the passport. Thank you for your information. I'll probably just fly back home when they request the passport, and come back to Canada with the PR visa.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Rob_TO said:
She has implied status only if OWP app was submitted along with inland app. In this case there is no need to apply for any extensions since she has implied status.

If no OWP was submitted then she does NOT have implied status. In this case she needs to keep requesting extensions.

And 1st stage approval is taking 13 months these days.
Yes i applied with open work permit
The reason i am applying for extentions is the health coverage. The person on implied status has no civerage
yes ist stage approval will take 13 month as mentioned on web site but no progress in this regard from.last 5 month still.processing july 2013 application from Feb. That why i said i put 2 years

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amjad3126 said:
Yes i applied with open work permit
The reason i am applying for extentions is the health coverage. The person on implied status has no civerage
yes ist stage approval will take 13 month as mentioned on web site but no progress in this regard from.last 5 month still.processing july 2013 application from Feb. That why i said i put 2 years
In that case yes you'd need to continue having a valid visitor status to maintain healthcare coverage. However even if a visitor extension was rejected, she would still have "implied" status so could stay in Canada legally. You would just have trouble to get healthcare as a visitor.

I don't think first stage approval will go to 1 year. I would budget 13-14 months from submitting the inland application. And once you get 1st stage approval and OWP, you don't have to worry about visitor status anymore as 1st stage approval will qualify you for most things.

gagnon_07

Sep 28, 2014
What is the phone number to contact CIC? I need to change a payment I made.. I paid for the wrong fee and paid too much money, I want to fix this.. Anyone can tell me the number I can call to get some money back and/or transfer a payment?

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
hello everyone
Im a canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my husband who is on work permit.
I would like to apply through outland, since his country timeline is only 10 months vs inland.
Can I do that even if he lives and work here?
thank you