17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
IMPORTANT Question.
I'm awaiting DM. was hoping to have it by now but don't have anything yet. Still waiting just like many of you.
My wife is sponsoring me.
I'm the principal applicant and we have no dependants.

we declared on the form that we are not pregnant. but that might have changed - very early so could still be just our imagination but my wife might be expecting our first child... (This is good news for us by the way.)

What do I need to do and when?

should I inform CPC?
if so then when should I?

Has this happened to anyone else here?

please let me know.

Also good luck for the rest who are still awaiting DM.

Thanks

Imo

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
imonec said:
IMPORTANT Question.
I'm awaiting DM. was hoping to have it by now but don't have anything yet. Still waiting just like many of you.
My wife is sponsoring me.
I'm the principal applicant and we have no dependants.

we declared on the form that we are not pregnant. but that might have changed - very early so could still be just our imagination but my wife might be expecting our first child... (This is good news for us by the way.)

What do I need to do and when?

should I inform CPC?
if so then when should I?

Has this happened to anyone else here?

please let me know.

Also good luck for the rest who are still awaiting DM.

Thanks

Imo
Congratulations :)

As you are being sponsored by your wife via inland and additionally she is already a PR or Citizen, therefore you don't have to advise anyone, as your child that will be born in Canada will automatically be a Canadian Citizen.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
jomz said:
Congratulations :)

As you are being sponsored by your wife via inland and additionally she is already a PR or Citizen, therefore you don't have to advise anyone, as your child that will be born in Canada will automatically be a Canadian Citizen.
If you look again at the Sponsorship approval letter that is sent to the sponsor, it says: "When should I contact CIC? - You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Example of changes include:
- Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child..."

It doesn't say "if the child is not Canadian". Regardless of the child's citizenship, CIC must be notified, with no exception.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Avadava said:
If you look again at the Sponsorship approval letter that is sent to the sponsor, it says: "When should I contact CIC? - You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Example of changes include:
- Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child..."

It doesn't say "if the child is not Canadian". Regardless of the child's citizenship, CIC must be notified, with no exception.
Foreign nationals who are applying to immigrate in any class must include their spouse/partner (if applicable) and any "dependents" (as defined in the Regulations) who are also foreign nationals. If there is a change in their family composition: for example, a child born outside of Canada between when the application is submitted and the time at which they "land", they have to notify CIC so that measures can be taken to include the additional family member on the application and assess them for permanent status as well. Even a permanent resident couple who gives birth to a child outside of Canada must sponsor that child. But a child born within Canada is a Canadian citizen by birth - even if the parents aren't. So no need to add the child to the application or inform CIC.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
jomz said:
Foreign nationals who are applying to immigrate in any class must include their spouse/partner (if applicable) and any "dependents" (as defined in the Regulations) who are also foreign nationals. If there is a change in their family composition: for example, a child born outside of Canada between when the application is submitted and the time at which they "land", they have to notify CIC so that measures can be taken to include the additional family member on the application and assess them for permanent status as well. Even a permanent resident couple who gives birth to a child outside of Canada must sponsor that child. But a child born within Canada is a Canadian citizen by birth - even if the parents aren't. So no need to add the child to the application or inform CIC.
My bad then. Good to know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A Canadian child would not be added to the application but should however be listed in the additional family information form. Personally, I would re-do the additional family information form only and send that in along with a cover letter stating that you now have a Canadian child. It doesn't change anything for your application though.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Do I need to send in my police clearance with my application? I've been reading and getting mixed signals that they will ask for it, but then been told to send it in with the rest of the info.
Also, regardless if I am the only one being sponsored do I need to include everyone in my family? Mom, Dad etc...

Thanks.

mahbabe1228

Jan 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
august 21,2013
File Transfer...
sep 12,2013
Med's Done....
May 27,2013
Passport Req..
may7,2014
VISA ISSUED...
in process May 20,2014... DM: SEPT 23,2014
Anyone here that is working in Riyadh or someone who had an experienced of being sponsor by their spouse while they were in Riyadh working but their VO is in Manila?
My concern is, what if the PPR will be send to Philippine address. Is it possible that we scan the letter and take the copy to VO in Riyadh or they will require an original copy of the letter?
By the way we submitted our application last August 22 of 2013. My husband's contract will finish in june of this year, just in case PPR will come before he go back to Philippines, we are wondering if there will be a problem if that happen?

need help.
thanks

jeevanrai146

Jan 14, 2014
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Feb/2013
File Transfer...
March 2013
Med's Request
second medical - 24th FEB 2014
Med's Done....
second medical done - 4th March 2014
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
April - 2013
VISA ISSUED...
???
LANDED..........
???
Hello All,

I have applied Spousal Sponsorship visa on 17th feb 2013 my application status changed to In Process on 17 Aug 2013 but now my Medical is going to repairer on 30 jan 2014 , can any one suggest now what i have to do ?

thanks

Baljinder

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeevanrai146 said:
Hello All,

I have applied Spousal Sponsorship visa on 17th feb 2013 my application status changed to In Process on 17 Aug 2013 but now my Medical is going to repairer on 30 jan 2014 , can any one suggest now what i have to do ?

thanks

Baljinder

visa office will ask u to redo the medicals if needed..most probably they wil ask for it.u can do an upfront medical exam and send to the visa office,include ur file numb, applcation number, full name and date of birth.

cforney

Jan 14, 2014
This is regarding SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS for Sponsor #20

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but -

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American spouse.

We are living in our own home in the USA but plan on moving to Canada to my parent's home. Since I have been in the states for 4 years and am presently still living in the States until our intended move date in the spring, I need to prove where intend to live in Canada once we move. How do I go about "proving" this? Is a letter from my parents stating their address and confirming my intentions enough? Should it be notarized?

Thank you :)

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Re: This is regarding SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS for Sponsor #20

cforney said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but -

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American spouse.

We are living in our own home in the USA but plan on moving to Canada to my parent's home. Since I have been in the states for 4 years and am presently still living in the States until our intended move date in the spring, I need to prove where intend to live in Canada once we move. How do I go about "proving" this? Is a letter from my parents stating their address and confirming my intentions enough? Should it be notarized?

Thank you :)
A letter from your parents confirming that you will be living there should be sufficient or a copy of a signed lease/rental agreement if you have such. or evidence that purchased a home should that be the case. Notarizing it would help but not required as far as I know. You may find a lot of informative info on the Ottawa CPP thread as well, coz most are USA applicants

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
jeevanrai146 said:
Hello All,

thanks

Baljinder
CIC will extend medicals if you are near the end of the process, As I understand from reading the Forum, they will request a redo should they require another medical - otherwise just wait because maybe the next correspondence will be COPR

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbigshot said:
Do I need to send in my police clearance with my application? I've been reading and getting mixed signals that they will ask for it, but then been told to send it in with the rest of the info.

Also, regardless if I am the only one being sponsored do I need to include everyone in my family? Mom, Dad etc...
There is a "supplemental information" form where you list non-immigrating family (e.g., spouse/partner, Canadian children, siblings and parents) but you do not list them in the main form (IMM 0008).

The instructions say to send the PCC with your application. If you do not, you'll add a couple months to the processing time.

The fastest processing time is for applications that are 100% complete when submitted. The visa officer picks it up, everything is present, your security check and RCMP check come back clean and all your fees are paid. You get PPR - or perhaps you are one of the lucky few that skips PPR and just finds the COPR in the mailbox.

I've seen this in both inland AND outland applications. Inland folks that submit complete applications often get DM at the same time as AIP (so they have 11 months to DM) and outland folks do as well. It's not guaranteed, but if you don't submit a 100% complete application you have no chance of getting decision made as quickly.

Cokolada

Jan 14, 2014
Hello,
I have some questions if you can help me out with.
My partner is planning to sponsor me once he gets his PR next year.By the time he gets it we will be living together for a year and been together two years.But in that one year time frame he has been traveling to India to visit a family for 2 months.Will that affect our application or it has to be 12 months continuously without any traveling?

Thank you!