+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bronson

Jul 18, 2013
Good day! Ask ko Lang Kung Meron na nabigyan ng visa sa mga October 2013 applicants
Pa share naman ng time line nyo, sakin kase still application received Palang eh.

Harpreet Singh Manku

Jun 21, 2013
Harpreet Singh Manku said:
Hi, Friends, My name is Harpreet Singh. Open Work Visa under VFS Canada In Chandigarh

My query is that I applied for open work permit at VFS Chandigarh on 4 April and today date is 21 June , I haven't get any reply back from immigration. I am really nervous what will happen with my file. It is apparent vfs Chandigarh taking more than 3 months. My wife is working in Canada on work permit and its gonna finish in next year. How long it will take to process and strike can make any bad effect on visas..

Please can anybody help me much appreciate.. :-[
I will wait for the reply....

thnx

regards,
Harpreet

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Harpreet Singh Manku said:
Hello Friends, I need your Help..

I am still waiting for my open work permit Now, Its almost 3 and half months gone. For acknowledge I applied for open work visa at vfs chandigarh on April 3 and today date is 18 july I haven't get any reply from them.. I just want to know that If I will do request to them and send them email.. It should be fine bcz my agent told me don't need to do that just wait.. So, Please help me out friends If anybody can..

Thnx,

Harpreet Singh.
Again, You're posting your question in the wrong setion of the forum. This section is for Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents who sponsoring their spouses or family members. You need to post your question to the Foreign Workers section: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SmithyLinds said:
I know thats our problem :( i thought there would be some sort of leniancy or compassion especialy for a death in the family. Trust me we don't want to risk him not getting back into Canada but if anyone has had this sort of situation please share
If you want to take the chance at this point, I would suggest he carry a copy of the application along with him as well as something showing the reason for his trip - as well as the itinerary of the trip.

It is a statutory requirement for the spouse/partner in Canada class that he be living with his sponsor in Canada. That's why a refusal to allow re-entry leads to rejection of the application - he can't meet this requirement in that case.

Note that IF that happens, you should withdraw the application right away. In that case, you can get a full refund of the application fee and submit a new application via the Outland process. It's not ideal, but it may be the best you can do given the circumstances AND if that occurs.

Also note that once he leaves Canada that the overstay/status issue is resolved. If allowed to re-enter Canada, he will have six months.

J

johnjarim

Dear Canada visa,

My wife lives in Canada, she finished her study and applied for Post Grad work permit when she applied online there was an option to apply for spouse who reside different country..now she got her 3 yrs work permit but haven't heard anything from CIC about her spouse application..was it correct that she applied for spouse with her work permit application or spouse has to be in Canada for this kind of application>

Please help

J

johnjarim

Dear Leon,

My wife lives in Canada, she finished her study and applied for Post Grad work permit when she applied online there was an option to apply for spouse who reside different country..now she got her 3 yrs work permit but haven't heard anything from CIC about her spouse application..was it correct that she applied for spouse with her work permit application or spouse has to be in Canada for this kind of application>

Please help

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
johnjarim said:
Dear Canada visa,

Please help
This is the wrong area of the forum for this question - this is for citizens and permanent residents who are sponsoring their spouse/partner for permanent residence in Canada. You should post in the foreign worker or perhaps the student areas of the forum.

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
YES YES YES!!!

As expected got our SA today...excatly a week after AOR :)

Thank you god!

Mirna Lola

Mar 26, 2012
So I have been in Canada for almost 2 years now (September 25th 2011) I came as a visitor and was given 2 extensions. A 6 month one and then a 13 month one (applied for an extension as my visa was expiring in August 2012 and got granted till September 30th 2013) . I know very well how fortunate I am to be granted two years on visitors but I have every reason to believe my second one was granted simply cause I said we (my boyfriend of almost 3 years and my self) want to apply for sponsorship. We have been living together for almost 2 years so we qualify for common law but I am not entirely sure how to proceed with sponsorship application. I know there are some very experienced members on this forum so I am asking for help since this is all so very confusing.

My questions are :
-Do we need to officially declare common-law prior to applying or will proof like lease,joint banking account,letters from families,photos and such be enough?

- He is a student and is currently on OSAP. Will he be qualified to sponsor me or is OSAP seen as social/government assistance?

-I have seen on CIC that I could qualify for working permit as I am common-law spouse of a student however it is unclear does that goes only for foreign citizens that hold a study permit or does the same apply for plain ol' Canadian citizens?

- Can I apply for open working permit in the same package?

- Should I make in inland or outside Canada? (I have been told by CIC agent that I can sent it to an office outside Canada and it will be processed as such even though I am currently residing in Canada.

Last but not least how much will the whole thing cost? I did check on the CIC site but have a hard time making sense out of that.

Everyone's opinion and advice is more then welcome since I have done everything "by the book" so far and would like to avoid status restorations, rejected visas and such.

Thank you, Mirna.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Mirna Lola said:
So I have been in Canada for almost 2 years now (September 25th 2011) I came as a visitor and was given 2 extensions. A 6 month one and then a 13 month one (applied for an extension as my visa was expiring in August 2012 and got granted till September 30th 2013) . I know very well how fortunate I am to be granted two years on visitors but I have every reason to believe my second one was granted simply cause I said we (my boyfriend of almost 3 years and my self) want to apply for sponsorship. We have been living together for almost 2 years so we qualify for common law but I am not entirely sure how to proceed with sponsorship application. I know there are some very experienced members on this forum so I am asking for help since this is all so very confusing.

My questions are :
-Do we need to officially declare common-law prior to applying or will proof like lease,joint banking account,letters from families,photos and such be enough?

I would officially declare it, it will make it a bit easier. Plus can be used as proof.

- He is a student and is currently on OSAP. Will he be qualified to sponsor me or is OSAP seen as social/government assistance?

That's fine, it's a loan, not assistance.

-I have seen on CIC that I could qualify for working permit as I am common-law spouse of a student however it is unclear does that goes only for foreign citizens that hold a study permit or does the same apply for plain ol' Canadian citizens?

If you apply inland you could. Outland is usually faster, depending on your home country timelines. As in, you could be working before you even get a work permit for inland. You can be IN Canada and apply OUTLAND :)

- Can I apply for open working permit in the same package?

If you apply inland.

- Should I make in inland or outside Canada? (I have been told by CIC agent that I can sent it to an office outside Canada and it will be processed as such even though I am currently residing in Canada.

See above ;)

Last but not least how much will the whole thing cost? I did check on the CIC site but have a hard time making sense out of that.

That depends. The fee for CIC is $1040. The costs of medicals vary by doctor and the price of police clearance also varies by country.

Everyone's opinion and advice is more then welcome since I have done everything "by the book" so far and would like to avoid status restorations, rejected visas and such.

Thank you, Mirna.

Mirna Lola

Mar 26, 2012
Parker 24. God bless you :D . Makes me happy to see I am not being ignored and left alone with my freak out's .

What did you guys do (inland vs out) ?

Im from Croatia- visa granted at port of entry.
In 2009 when they decided that all of us Croatians can come and explore Canada they closed up visa office in Zagreb (they still have consulate for Canadian citizens living/visiting Croatia.) so technically I would have to send it off to either Beograd in Serbia or Vienna in Austria (neither of which are considered to be fast.)

Also Croatia just became member of EU. Im really not sure does that changes anything when it comes to processing applications or not.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mirna Lola said:
In 2009 when they decided that all of us Croatians can come and explore Canada they closed up visa office in Zagreb (they still have consulate for Canadian citizens living/visiting Croatia.) so technically I would have to send it off to either Beograd in Serbia or Vienna in Austria (neither of which are considered to be fast.)

Also Croatia just became member of EU. Im really not sure does that changes anything when it comes to processing applications or not.
You will either send your entire application (sponsor + applicant parts) to Mississauga (Outland) or Vegreville (Inland). You never submit original PR applications to a visa office abroad any longer. They haven't permitted that in a number of years - they use centralized intake offices now to do the initial paper shredding - er sorting. ;-)

Croatian applications are processed by the Vienna office, which currently posts an 11 month processing time. If you are in Canada and have been lawfully admitted for at least one year, you can also apply via CPP-O (Ottawa) which is the office outside Canada that handles Canadian and US applications. Yes, it is odd that CPP-O is considered to be an office outside Canada, but that's exactly how it is treated.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
COMPUTERGREEK-

Posting question on behalf of my friend

Sponsor is a PR / Spouse is a applicant in Canada

its a love marriage in Ontario - however while filling sponsorhip forms - there is a question : have ur spouse met the parents on the other side something ; - does he write No and is it ok ?

parents don't know that they are married

pl advise wt best , many thanks

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013