+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TasinYasin said:
I have a question..... my daughter is in Mississauga with a PR Card and working there. What if she were to go to Pakistan and get married to a person working there and return. Could she then file for sponsorship of her Husband? After filing for sponsorship could she come and go from Canada to Pakistan for limited number of days? Could the husband be succesful in filing and getting a visit visa during the processing time?

Thank you for any input/guide....... regards.
She could go back and get married, then to back to Canada and sponsor. During the processing time, the sponsor must reside in Canada. A short vacation in Pakistan would probably be ok, but I would not risk leaving for more than 2-3 weeks and make sure that she has a person checking her mail and answering machine while she is gone.

The husband would have a hard time getting a visit visa during the processing time because they would worry that he would overstay. He would in any case have to prove to them that he is returning to Pakistan after his visit regardless of the sponsorship going on. It would be better for him to apply for a multiple entry visa now. Then he would be able to come and go.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
scylla said:
You could try appling for the TRV again with new/additional supporting evidence showing strong ties to the home country.

An alternative would be for your spouse to find an employer in Canada and come here on a work permit.

Yet another alternative would be a study visa. However your spouse would still have to demonstrate strong ties to the home country.
Do we have to wait for sometime before we re-apply TRV. It got rejected just a month back...Is multiple entry ok to apply or is it advisable for a single entry?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
codi said:
To. CanadianJeepGuy
oh i am really very sorry..

this is my situation:

i am 31 yr old right now and i was sponsored at the age of 27 of my filipino parents (canadian citizen already) . and im still waiting for the result of my application but still there was no update about my application .my question> ,is that
possible that my application will be refused, how long will i still wait and is there any option to make me get and stay in canada as well because my 3 sisters and brother are already in canada last 2007. i am still longing to all my family, im living here in the philippines by myself. plss help..
That sucks. I am not an immigration expert but I would be on the phone making inquiries as to the status of that application.
Did your parent retain a lawyer to help with this?

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
lalatata said:
No body in New Delhi forum know... thats why I am posting it here! Forget a scenario of postal service mess up, now lets talk on the DM part itself... what does that really entails.. I know it wont be a mistake.. (rarely on ecas a DM is super seeded by in process or something) Does a decision made means the VISA was issued?? or still waiting ? In case of a rejection, we should have still received the passport back without stamping plus a refusal letter etc... Its just Nothing..

the two doubt I have are the following

In Change of add application on CIC , the sponsor mailing add is empty but the home add is filled in Canada. My mailing and residential add are the same,but only one shows up on online.. same with ECAS, I called CIC and they said yes we have it right and its the same for mailing add so its okay for the other one to be blank... Add of the sponsor is used to decide destination city,province to be put on COPR of the applicant... I wonder if there is any way the CHD ND do not have the sponsor mailing add and hence just waiting .. i would think if they needed something they would not gone all the way to a DM and perhaps requested the applicant to send the mailing add of the sponsor ...but as I said according the CIC call center, the add isssue is not a problem

I ordered GCMS notes about a week before the status changed to DM. I really suspect that CIC was notified to issue notes right around the time it went into a DM and perhaps cause it was on the same day, the officer decided to give my file another BFD so that the notes could be issued and then issue the visa and send back the passport...hence a delay?!

This is too much! I know enough of the system .. may be I am just over thinking .. but anyone have any ideas? There has to be a reason for the delay in getting back the passport after a decision made shows up online....
Quick Update, we got the passport back with a VISA, COPR! Cheers! They only sent the passport like last week instead of 3 weeks ago..who knows what was the delay about..!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
lalatata said:
Quick Update, we got the passport back with a VISA, COPR! Cheers! They only sent the passport like last week instead of 3 weeks ago..who knows what was the delay about..!
congrats to you!!! ;D

Acanadian

Aug 14, 2012
Leon,
First, great post on the sponsor your foreign spouse for PR to Canada and don't know where to start tips!!!

My question for you is about the medical exam. I am a Canadian Citizen, my husband and his 4 yr old child from another mother, are Jamaican nationals. Do we have to have any other family members examined besides my husband and his boy?

We both know that if we don't have them examined that we risk the opportunity for them ever being able to come to Canada and that is ok with us.

Can you tell me if our paperwork would be held back or if it would be rejected on the medical basis of his family not having exams done?

This is the last step in my process for filing all this tedious paperwork. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Leon.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Acanadian said:
My question for you is about the medical exam. I am a Canadian Citizen, my husband and his 4 yr old child from another mother, are Jamaican nationals. Do we have to have any other family members examined besides my husband and his boy?
No, his only dependent that is included in his IMM0008 is his son. His other relatives, parents, siblings etc. are not considered his dependents, and are not included in the IMM0008 but mentioned under additional family information and they do not need medicals.

Acanadian

Aug 14, 2012
Thank you so much! Clear as water.

And while I'm here....

Will processing be fine with me taking long periods of travel back to his country (3 months at a time in Jamaica, 1-2 months time in Canada)? DO they require me to stay in Canada while this all processes? Jamaica has a 16 month processing time :(

Bless this forum and the great ppl in it!

Acanadian

Aug 14, 2012
Sorry, I see now that you say no more than 2 weeks due to the phone calls and mail that might arrive.
If I have someone taking care of this, then I guess It might be ok just as long as I fly home when a call or mail does arrive that needs attention.

Gives me a little hope that I can see my husband in this process.

It's unfortunate of a long processing time..step 1, step 2...take a minimum of 19 months. I really don't know how I am going to deal with that.

Thank you,

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Acanadian said:
Sorry, I see now that you say no more than 2 weeks due to the phone calls and mail that might arrive.
If I have someone taking care of this, then I guess It might be ok just as long as I fly home when a call or mail does arrive that needs attention.

Gives me a little hope that I can see my husband in this process.

It's unfortunate of a long processing time..step 1, step 2...take a minimum of 19 months. I really don't know how I am going to deal with that.

Thank you,
You mentioned that you're a Canadian citizen, which means, yes u can stay out of the country for 3 months at a time if u wished... u could stay out the entire process if that is what u wanted.

Zeenish

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2012
AOR Received.
25-July-2012
File Transfer...
30-July-2012
Med's Done....
15-March-2012
Interview........
Waived?
Passport Req..
14-08-2012...Travelling..sent it on 17th September...Started processing on 16thOct!:-)
VISA ISSUED...
8-Jan-2013..FINALLY!:-)
SENIOR MEMBERS PLEASE HELP!

I am outside India and I have just received my PPR. After skimming through a few threads, I found out that I could send my passport to NDVO via friend or relative. Now, my question is..first off, is it REALLY possible to do that? I mean have there been cases like that? Secondly, although unlikely, if there is an interview..do I expect the NDVO to return my passport for me to fly back? Also, do I have to inform NDVO that I will be sending my passport through a friend?

Another possibility that a member told me about was to E-mail NDVO and let them know if I want to submit my passport in the final stage. Could you please tell me where I can email them. I also need to send them an additional PCC. So just in case, I do not send my passport right now, can I just send my PCC with the cover letter stating that I'd like for them request it when they are issuing me the visa?

Please please guide!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
lalatata said:
Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!

samy77

Aug 13, 2012
hello everyone , am from morocco i am new in this forum ....but howeva doesnt mean i havent been reading about it .....anyway my prob is that my wife was gettin ready to apply for a sponsorship but what happened was that she read in thier website that she cant apply for it not till she complete a 5 years cuz she was sponosored to come canada ....btw , she is an american .......i just wanna know if this is really true or not cuz this is really scary me plus she entred to canada in 2009 , so if so that would need one year and 4 months to be able to apply for it ......... this is kinda stupid ..........pls i need your help guys .......thx in advance ....... Sad

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
samy77 said:
hello everyone , am from morocco i am new in this forum ....but howeva doesnt mean i havent been reading about it .....anyway my prob is that my wife was gettin ready to apply for a sponsorship but what happened was that she read in thier website that she cant apply for it not till she complete a 5 years cuz she was sponosored to come canada ....btw , she is an american .......i just wanna know if this is really true or not cuz this is really scary me plus she entred to canada in 2009 , so if so that would need one year and 4 months to be able to apply for it ......... this is kinda stupid ..........pls i need your help guys .......thx in advance ....... Sad
If your wife was sponsored for PR in Canada within the past five years then indeed she is not eligible to sponsor you. This change was effective in March 2012. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob386.asp:

The amendment, which came into force on March 2, 2012 upon registration, bars a previously-sponsored spouse or partner, from sponsoring a new spouse or partner within five years of becoming a PR even if the sponsor acquired citizenship during that period. Other members of the family class will not be affected by the regulatory changes.