05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Canadian101 said:
thank you so much i have another question we were talking today about me starting the outland application and sponsor him from saudia arabia but in the mean time that i would go and live with him there until we get it approved which wont be for a while. would it be ok for me to start the application and leave canada or do i have to stay here the whole period?
If you are PR of Canada, you must be in the country. If you are a citizen of Canada, then you can if you wish.

Ryissa

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Couple real quick questions: On my IMM 0008 it says to provide details for family members etc but my husband (Canadian citizen) and I do not have any children. It then says I must include my spouse here, but he's not a dependent is he? He's the one sponsoring me. Do I leave this whole section blank then?

And just for questions 1 and 2. I guess I'm confused as to what's a "category" vs "program." If my category is Family Class Sponsorship, what would be the program?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Ryissa said:
Couple real quick questions: On my IMM 0008 it says to provide details for family members etc but my husband (Canadian citizen) and I do not have any children. It then says I must include my spouse here, but he's not a dependent is he? He's the one sponsoring me. Do I leave this whole section blank then?

And just for questions 1 and 2. I guess I'm confused as to what's a "category" vs "program." If my category is Family Class Sponsorship, what would be the program?
Because your husband is sponsoring you, he will not be included as a dependent on the applicant forms... the only applicant form you will include him on is the Additional Family Information form.

Invictus

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
AOR Received.
13-04-2010
IELTS Request
24-02-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2010 Decision Made: 19-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010
Should I apply for my wife's Canadian Immigration (my wife is a US Citizen) w

Should I apply for my wife's Canadian Immigration (my wife is a US Citizen) while she is in Canada?

Hi, I am a Canadian PR with full-time job, strong financial solvency and clean legal record. My wife is a US citizen and at present completing her studies there. I am in the process of arranging the application for my wife's Canadian PR (me as the spousal sponsor under family class). Now, the entire process is very simple and not much requirements as far as the documents are concerned. However, there are two options:
Option A: If spouse is outside of Canada (in this case, application needs to be submitted in Ontario)
Option B: If spouse is inside Canada (in this case, application needs to be submitted in Alberta)
As being a US Citizen my wife doesn't have any restriction in coming to Canada, I was thinking of applying for her once she is here in Canada with me end of this year. However, as I was researching the CIC website for Application Processing Time (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp), I got puzzled. Should I apply for her as Option A applicant or Option B? As much as we want to stay together, she doesn't want to sit idle in Canada while her PR application gets processed here. Knowing the economy and job situation here, I can't even ask her not to worry about getting job in Canada while she is here waiting for CIC approval for PR. My question is as a US Citizen married to Canadian PR, if she resides with me here in Canada while I apply for her Canadian PR, is there any possibility that her application will be processed within a year? (current time showing-20 months). Would appreciate your frank advice and suggestions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Should I apply for my wife's Canadian Immigration (my wife is a US Citizen) w

Invictus said:
Should I apply for my wife's Canadian Immigration (my wife is a US Citizen) while she is in Canada?

Hi, I am a Canadian PR with full-time job, strong financial solvency and clean legal record. My wife is a US citizen and at present completing her studies there. I am in the process of arranging the application for my wife's Canadian PR (me as the spousal sponsor under family class). Now, the entire process is very simple and not much requirements as far as the documents are concerned. However, there are two options:
Option A: If spouse is outside of Canada (in this case, application needs to be submitted in Ontario)
Option B: If spouse is inside Canada (in this case, application needs to be submitted in Alberta)
As being a US Citizen my wife doesn't have any restriction in coming to Canada, I was thinking of applying for her once she is here in Canada with me end of this year. However, as I was researching the CIC website for Application Processing Time (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp), I got puzzled. Should I apply for her as Option A applicant or Option B? As much as we want to stay together, she doesn't want to sit idle in Canada while her PR application gets processed here. Knowing the economy and job situation here, I can't even ask her not to worry about getting job in Canada while she is here waiting for CIC approval for PR. My question is as a US Citizen married to Canadian PR, if she resides with me here in Canada while I apply for her Canadian PR, is there any possibility that her application will be processed within a year? (current time showing-20 months). Would appreciate your frank advice and suggestions
Apply outland. It doesn't matter if she's in the US or in Canada - you can still apply outland and this is very likely your fastest option. If you apply outland there's certainly a very good possibility that she will have PR in less than a year - possibly considerably less than a year. If you apply inland, a 20 month wait is entirely possible.

Ryissa

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
tink23 said:
Because your husband is sponsoring you, he will not be included as a dependent on the applicant forms... the only applicant form you will include him on is the Additional Family Information form.
Thanks.

Can anyone answer me about the other question? Is Family Class Sponsorship a "Category" or a "Program"? Basically, what should I be filling in for questions 1 and 2 on the IMM 0008?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Ryissa said:
Thanks.

Can anyone answer me about the other question? Is Family Class Sponsorship a "Category" or a "Program"? Basically, what should I be filling in for questions 1 and 2 on the IMM 0008?
1. Category= Family
2. Program= spouse

GIRL29

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mr. XXXXX,

This is in reference to your emails of July 05,07,13 2012.Please be informed that we wil be re sending shortly our 07 May 2012 to the current mailing address of Ms.XXXXX that has been provided.

We trust this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada,Manila-Ambassade du ,Manille
Level 6, Tower 2,RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200,Philippines
www.philippines.gc.ca

By the way my husband received this email last July 16, 2012.Up to now i havent received the letter yet.Can someone enlighten us for this matter,...thank u

codi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 20,2012
AOR Received.
july 14,2012
Med's Request
july 14,2012
Med's Done....
medical july 24,2012 forwarded to CEM August 01, 2012
To. CanadianJeepGuy
oh i am really very sorry..

this is my situation:

i am 31 yr old right now and i was sponsored at the age of 27 of my filipino parents (canadian citizen already) . and im still waiting for the result of my application but still there was no update about my application .my question> ,is that
possible that my application will be refused, how long will i still wait and is there any option to make me get and stay in canada as well because my 3 sisters and brother are already in canada last 2007. i am still longing to all my family, im living here in the philippines by myself. plss help..

Faith45

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hi! Anyone here who has dependents with their application? Mine all below 18 yrs old.

Did it delay processing time of Visa?

Your reply is very much appreciated :)

EdRickTaghan

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal (South Shore)
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-05-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-06-2012; Passport received on July 9
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 2012-08-20; Passport Received: 2012-09-30
LANDED..........
2012-10-23 - Tickets bought
Faith45 said:
Hi! Anyone here who has dependents with their application? Mine all below 18 yrs old.

Did it delay processing time of Visa?

Your reply is very much appreciated :)
Hello,

I have one and as of now, it hasn't slowed down the process. Just hope it won't for the last step. My wife has full custody of her son and the father signed the required paper to allow them to move to Canada.

Now, we are just waiting for the approval and the passport.

ERT

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi; I am a a PR, have applied for spousal PR just last week. In the meantime, applied for spousal TRV which got rejected due to unconvincing "Length of stay" and "Reason for stay". Had submitted employer letter stating that spouse will join back after a month. Also; had good evidence of reason of stay as a tourist.
Is there any other way by which spouse can enter canada?? can't wait one year until spousal PR get approved...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
VPS said:
Hi; I am a a PR, have applied for spousal PR just last week. In the meantime, applied for spousal TRV which got rejected due to unconvincing "Length of stay" and "Reason for stay". Had submitted employer letter stating that spouse will join back after a month. Also; had good evidence of reason of stay as a tourist.
Is there any other way by which spouse can enter canada?? can't wait one year until spousal PR get approved...
You could try appling for the TRV again with new/additional supporting evidence showing strong ties to the home country.

An alternative would be for your spouse to find an employer in Canada and come here on a work permit.

Yet another alternative would be a study visa. However your spouse would still have to demonstrate strong ties to the home country.

Riro82

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Interview........
13-06-2012
Passport Req..
13-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
Sept ending
Hi all,

I am writing with an anticipation that someone would be able to answer my queries

I am a 2011 applicant under Family class immigration. My husband is Canadian born and I am Indian. He is the principal applicant and I am being sponsored. We applied for my immigration in September 2011. My file got transferred from Mississauga to New Delhi in December 2011. I got a request for Medical/ PCC/ passport sometime in January 2012. I had my interview in June 2012. The catch here however is that my medicals/PCC expired as I had sent them both along with my initial application. During my interview, the VO asked me to renew my meds/PCC and returned my passport and asked me to send everything together as a package. My e-cas status right now shows "In process" since June 2012. I sent my renewed medical/PCC on July 7 2012. It has been over a month already. I'm not sure what is going on. Should I write to the Delhi office? Usually they say that the visa stamping is done within the span of 2 weeks although it varies from case to case. But I'm curious to know if things are ok.

Also on another note, does it really matter to the VO that ours was a marriage against my parent's consent? As far as I know the interview was pretty smooth. The visa officer did not ask me too many questions. When I asked her if she needs to see any further evidence like photos, marriage certificate etc, she said not required as it is a pretty straight forward case. I thought that might be a good sign. But now I'm a bit anxious as to what might be going on. How long does it take for the visa stamping? Does second time medical/ PCC delay the processing by any chance? I really wish I knew !! Please someone help me understand. Thank you ! :)

TasinYasin

Aug 13, 2012
I have a question..... my daughter is in Mississauga with a PR Card and working there. What if she were to go to Pakistan and get married to a person working there and return. Could she then file for sponsorship of her Husband? After filing for sponsorship could she come and go from Canada to Pakistan for limited number of days? Could the husband be succesful in filing and getting a visit visa during the processing time?

Thank you for any input/guide....... regards.