+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
I am sponsoring my spouse for the Permanent residence and I live in Montreal, Quebec. My wife is here as a visitor and we have submitted application as Spousal In Canada class.

We received Application of receipt and we were able to link our application to our online account.

We have Action pending on our side and the request is for CSQ. But, I have not received any letter from CIC requesting to submit my undertaking application along with CSQ application to MIDI. The deadline mentioned in our online account is 01-October-2017. Will I be able to meet the deadline since I have not yet received the letter from CIC?How should I proceed? Should I have to wait for the lettter from CIC or could I attach the AOR with my understaking application to MIDI?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
I am sponsoring my spouse for the Permanent residence and I live in Montreal, Quebec. My wife is here as a visitor and we have submitted application as Spousal In Canada class.

We received Application of receipt and we were able to link our application to our online account.

We have Action pending on our side and the request is for CSQ. But, I have not received any letter from CIC requesting to submit my undertaking application along with CSQ application to MIDI. The deadline mentioned in our online account is 01-October-2017. Will I be able to meet the deadline since I have not yet received the letter from CIC?How should I proceed? Should I have to wait for the lettter from CIC or could I attach the AOR with my understaking application to MIDI?

Thanks in advance for your advise.
The sponsor should receive an email saying AOR and something like this:

As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the address provided in the provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you.​

Print the letter and submit along the undertaking application to Quebec.

Did you receive it?
And where did you see "The deadline mentioned in our online account is 01-October-2017"? Upload a screenshot can help.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Thank you very much Yulia:)
No,I haven't received anything yet.No replies if they get my Pcc and Schedule A.Finally I received my police certificate from Ukraine and now I don't know if to mail it to them or just wait.No news for you yet?
Could you tell me how did you order Police Certificate from Ukraine? We live in USA and are about to submit outland application... Thanks.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hi!

I am Australian as well and was on the IEC working holiday visa... One thing i want to add to your question is, and i have done alot of research on this, is that you are NOT on implied status as a worker with IEC visa which means you are not allowed to work when it expires!! IEC work visa's are totally different from normal work visa's as IEC ones have an expiry date and are not able to be extended. You will however be implied status as a Visitor so you will be able to stay until your OWP has been approved.
I went through the exact situation as you and got told the same thing but the CIC website will say otherwise and i have read Forums where people have said they have continued working and they were fine and then people say they continued working and got caught.... Sooo it's up to you if you want to risk it.

for your second question:
My OWP has been approved and i selected An Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Make sure you have the most up to date form as well as these options sound like the older form... but i could be wrong
Thank you so much for your response, you are totally right and IEC is a very specific visa which doesn't give access to an implied status, as I finally found someone who did more than his homework so all of us could be sure, here is the link for whoever needs clarification:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Implied_Status_after_an_IEC_Work_Permit_ends
Therefore I have to apply just for my in-land spouse visa, my spouse will support me for the year to come (she is a Canadian citizen, has a solid income and we have savings + we already paid 3 months of our 12 months lease starting September 10th) and not for an open permit so it changes a few things and I need some help too:
1)My working/holiday visa expires September 21st 2017, when at the latest should I send my application through post? It's pretty much ready anyway but I am asking this because of my second question:
2) I have flights tickets to Boston on September 3rd to go see 2 of the 3 games Blue Jays series (yeah I fell in love with baseball big time!), and I am coming back on the 6th. Since my working-holiday doesn't expire till the 21st, should I be afraid to re-enter Canada? If I already applied let say 15-20 days prior to this, is there any chance that at the moment of re-entering on September 6th I would lose my working status? I really want to go but not to the point of losing my last 15 days of work before something like a year with no work!

Once again thank you so much for your help guys!

Elena1212

Apr 13, 2017
Could you tell me how did you order Police Certificate from Ukraine? We live in USA and are about to submit outland application... Thanks.
Hi Alex!
I ordered it myself online from spravkainform.com.ua but my parents got and translated and sent it to me by mail (for a month I was waiting for it).
Good luck

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Oh that's different. I didn't get to keep the OWP paper. They took it.
I don't think it matters, since the landing document they give you supersedes everything. Just make sure to get a new SIN with the PR doc. The temp SINs start with a "9" so employers know right away you're temp whereas the post-PR SINs are a different format and dependent on the province they're issued in.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed

Hey!

You can:

• apply in person at your nearest Embassy of Ukraine
  • provide notarized authorization (Doruchennya) to a representative to apply to the regional militia office or centralized office in Kyiv (see Special notes and considerations for complete address) on your behalf
For more information, please visit your nearest Ukrainian embassy or consular office.

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
Thank you so much for your response, you are totally right and IEC is a very specific visa which doesn't give access to an implied status, as I finally found someone who did more than his homework so all of us could be sure, here is the link for whoever needs clarification:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Implied_Status_after_an_IEC_Work_Permit_ends
Therefore I have to apply just for my in-land spouse visa, my spouse will support me for the year to come (she is a Canadian citizen, has a solid income and we have savings + we already paid 3 months of our 12 months lease starting September 10th) and not for an open permit so it changes a few things and I need some help too:
1)My working/holiday visa expires September 21st 2017, when at the latest should I send my application through post? It's pretty much ready anyway but I am asking this because of my second question:
2) I have flights tickets to Boston on September 3rd to go see 2 of the 3 games Blue Jays series (yeah I fell in love with baseball big time!), and I am coming back on the 6th. Since my working-holiday doesn't expire till the 21st, should I be afraid to re-enter Canada? If I already applied let say 15-20 days prior to this, is there any chance that at the moment of re-entering on September 6th I would lose my working status? I really want to go but not to the point of losing my last 15 days of work before something like a year with no work!

Once again thank you so much for your help guys!
That post hasn't been updated since April 2015. The booklet attached doesn't correpond to the sections mentioned. I've seen the course material for the Immigration Consultant course regarding IEC and implied statuts and all these things are stated that it cannot be extended under implied with the one exception being if you are applying for the permanent residency work permit.
April 2015 was only 4 months into the pilot program of the open work permits for spouses going through the PR process. I've followed the advice of the CIC agent and the study material for the immigration consulting course which includes the updated immigration booklet.

nilesh.kamani

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First 1-MAY-2014.. Rejected.. Second 6-JUN-2014
AOR Received.
06-OCT-2014
Med's Request
17-NOV-2014
Med's Done....
21-NOV-2014
Passport Req..
12-FEB-2015
What are the stages for Inland Applications (Family Class, but not as Spouse in Canada)? Please provide full description of stages.
Here is the status of my application.

Application received -- June 29th 2017
AOR Received -- August 3rd 2017
Schedule A Requested - August 13th 2017
Medical Requested - August 15th 2017
(Will be uploading Schedule A and get Medical done in next 1 week)..

What are the steps after that ? I do not understand what is AIP, DM, etc.

saleee101

Aug 15, 2017
hi all....
I have so any questions..
I applied for spousal sponsorship and open work permit from within Canada(paper application )on 6 June 2017 and it was and it was received on the 9th of june.
my questions are
1)how long those it take cic to send an AOR and has any Applicant here with the same time date received AOR?
2) Dose cic send a letter saying your application has been received for processing before the AOR that is if the application is complete?

Halyna

Aug 15, 2017
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
Doc's Request.
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
19-11-2017
Hi, guys!
Just want to share my bad experience, maybe somebody is in the same boat...
Application received - March 21
AOR recived - April 6
Linked application- April 7
OWP- May 30
and no messages after that...
Few weeks later I noticed that the status in my application was changed to "Action is required", but the same thing:no messages and no required documents from CIC, so I could't to upload anything.
I checked information on CIC FB page and noticed that they have some glitch in their system at this period and this message should be ignored.
As on CIC website there is no information about timeline, just "within 12 months", I decided to look something up on forums. And here I've found that everybody received a request letter to upload Schedule A and PCC just after linking their application.
So I made a technical report with this problem. In 2 days they answered:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

The same day they sent me a message with request to upload Schedule A and PCC, this letter was DATED APRIL 7!!!!!! and made some changes in my application:
Review of additional documents - We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
But when I clicked "View submitted application", I saw the same thing "There are no required documents for this Online Application" and the same problem that I can't to upload any documents...
So I decided to send required documents through IRCC Web form.
Is there anybody who faced the same situation?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
hi all....
I have so any questions..
I applied for spousal sponsorship and open work permit from within Canada(paper application )on 6 June 2017 and it was and it was received on the 9th of june.
my questions are
1)how long those it take cic to send an AOR and has any Applicant here with the same time date received AOR?
2) Dose cic send a letter saying your application has been received for processing before the AOR that is if the application is complete?
1) It is currently taking about 30-35 days to receive AOR from the day they received applications.
Just yesterday, some applicants whose apps were received on July 7 received AOR.
If your app was received on June 6, then you should have received the AOR email by now with instructions to link your account etc. You should probably call them to figure out what's going on. If your application is incomplete, it is probably being returned, however it's mid-August now so you should have received the application back now if it was being returned...
For the future, there is a spreadsheet where you can see other people's timelines. Click on the link in my signature.

2) No, the first letter from CIC is the AOR. HOWEVER, if you sent your application by courier or you added tracking to regular mail, the tracking will tell you they received your application. Also, in addition, you can subscribe to the text message pilot. They send you a text message when the mailroom opens your envelope, so you know they received it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/text-pilot.asp

Last edited: