+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
So my ECAS shows:
3. Medical results received. What does that mean? Pass or not pass ? and how long after for PR ?

I applied Dec 23, 2016.
Hi. My ecas also says medical received but my CIC online account shows medical exam passed. I think both updated the same time.

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
Hi, guys!
Just want to share my bad experience, maybe somebody is in the same boat...
Application received - March 21
AOR recived - April 6
Linked application- April 7
OWP- May 30
and no messages after that...
Few weeks later I noticed that the status in my application was changed to "Action is required", but the same thing:no messages and no required documents from CIC, so I could't to upload anything.
I checked information on CIC FB page and noticed that they have some glitch in their system at this period and this message should be ignored.
As on CIC website there is no information about timeline, just "within 12 months", I decided to look something up on forums. And here I've found that everybody received a request letter to upload Schedule A and PCC just after linking their application.
So I made a technical report with this problem. In 2 days they answered:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

The same day they sent me a message with request to upload Schedule A and PCC, this letter was DATED APRIL 7!!!!!! and made some changes in my application:
Review of additional documents - We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
But when I clicked "View submitted application", I saw the same thing "There are no required documents for this Online Application" and the same problem that I can't to upload any documents...
So I decided to send required documents through IRCC Web form.
Is there anybody who faced the same situation?
AOR June 21
I have same problem. I called CIC 3TIMES, and spoke to 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE. when I link my application, all 3 different reps said, cic has sent a requested to upload PCC and schedule A. Then I bugged my lawyer about it, they sent webform. And received same reply as you. That no information is required. And then I called cic again, the rep said no documents are required. And, I still have not received any request. I don't know what to believe anymore.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
AOR June 21
I have same problem. I called CIC 3TIMES, and spoke to 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE. when I link my application, all 3 different reps said, cic has sent a requested to upload PCC and schedule A. Then I bugged my lawyer about it, they sent webform. And received same reply as you. That no information is required. And then I called cic again, the rep said no documents are required. And, I still have not received any request. I don't know what to believe anymore.
That's pretty annoying. I know a group of people who were in the same situation as you both. The best course of action is to send them the Schedule A and PCC by both Webform and also by Mail, and track it to make sure they receive it. Then, look for two indicators on your MyCIC account. Either the "Additional Documents" row in the table will change to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded", or the "Background Check" row will change to "We are processing your background check", or maybe even both will happen. That will guarantee that your documents were received and added to your account successfully. For some, the background check row changes ~3 weeks after they sent in their documents by mail.

Reactions: Kjanzen

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
I got my application returned to me today!:(

There's few things that I don't get.. They said that my marriage certificate do not meet the requirement.. I do have marriage certificate that is photocopied attached to the application. The photos.. it stated supply two recent photo for each accompanying family members and yourself; does it apply to the principal applicant (which we supplied)? does it also applies to sponsor and the baby (the baby is canadian citizen)? As for proof of relationship to sponsor, we are currently living together at my mom's which the proof of leases, utilities are unavailable. But We have my mom to write a letter telling that we are living with her and she covers the stuff. What did you guys use as important document showing the same address??; He doesn't currently have any canadian identification with the address.

Also, of course the fee for open work permit is missing which we didn't know that we have to pay for it along with the application fee.. There were no mentions of this on the checklist!

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
I got my application returned to me today!:(

There's few things that I don't get.. They said that my marriage certificate do not meet the requirement.. I do have marriage certificate that is photocopied attached to the application. The photos.. it stated supply two recent photo for each accompanying family members and yourself; does it apply to the principal applicant (which we supplied)? does it also applies to sponsor and the baby (the baby is canadian citizen)? As for proof of relationship to sponsor, we are currently living together at my mom's which the proof of leases, utilities are unavailable. But We have my mom to write a letter telling that we are living with her and she covers the stuff. What did you guys use as important document showing the same address??; He doesn't currently have any canadian identification with the address.

Also, of course the fee for open work permit is missing which we didn't know that we have to pay for it along with the application fee.. There were no mentions of this on the checklist!

I'm sorry that your application was returned to you. Anyhow, I'm a July 2017 applicant. No aor yet, and I also provided a photocopy of my marriage certificate. For the photos, did you write your name and date of birth behind the photo? For the proof of relationship to the sponsor, we are in the same boat because we are living with my in-laws, therefore we aren't paying any bills but you could provide phone bills, credit card bills, bank statements and all other documents that's indicating that you are both living in one roof. I included the contact details in my passport which listed my husband as an emergency contact and our address, as well. In our case, since we don't have enough enough documents to provide, I also included pictures, boarding passes, plane tickets, Facebook printouts, email printouts, stuff that could prove that we are really in a genuine relationship. For the owp, it clearly stated that you should provide the proof of payment. You probably overlooked it since the process is really stressful. Anyhow, I hope I provided you with some ideas on what you could include next time. I'm pretty sure the other members have a lot to suggest.

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
That's pretty annoying. I know a group of people who were in the same situation as you both. The best course of action is to send them the Schedule A and PCC by both Webform and also by Mail, and track it to make sure they receive it. Then, look for two indicators on your MyCIC account. Either the "Additional Documents" row in the table will change to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded", or the "Background Check" row will change to "We are processing your background check", or maybe even both will happen. That will guarantee that your documents were received and added to your account successfully. For some, the background check row changes ~3 weeks after they sent in their documents by mail.
Hello. I had the same issue but had my representative contact cic and they told him they need the schedule A. He then mailed them my schedule A. This was about 3 months ago. I submitted my PCC with my application in February so they didnt request it again. Now in my cic account in the background check row it states not applicable. In the review of additional documents row it states we do not need additional documents. What does this mean? Did they receive my schedule A or not?

NoAor

Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys.
Just wondering if there are someones in a same boat with me.
I am doing a spousal sponsorship and an open work permit within Canada.
The application was received on 4 July 2017
But no AOR yet.
Should I worry?
Or just be more patient?
My agency said it's being delayed because of the summer season.
I am little frustrated now.
Thank you.

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Hi guys.
Just wondering if there are someones in a same boat with me.
I am doing a spousal sponsorship and an open work permit within Canada.
The application was received on 4 July 2017
But no AOR yet.
Should I worry?
Or just be more patient?
My agency said it's being delayed because of the summer season.
I am little frustrated now.
Thank you.
I submitted my app an June 27th and fgot AOR August 3rd so it should be about now.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Thank you I was confused as in the email I received says "all family members" must submit it
Yea, if the principal applicant has dependent children above the age of 18, they will fill out the SCH A, forms too, but if not, only the principal Applicant will..

leo820

Aug 19, 2017
hi everyone
i wanted to ask you about sponsoring my spouse>> i ve been married for almost 2 years and lived with my wife for 1 year before coming to canada> so what do i need ? do i need a lawyer or can i apply? what are the things that i need to apply>> i have tons of pictures and we travelled together fo a couple of countries after our marriage>> we had a wedding >> and we knew each other for several years before>> i m still confused about what to do?

Dimstereo

Jun 3, 2017
Victoria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal (Inland)
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
04-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Interview........
12-19-2017
hi everyone
i wanted to ask you about sponsoring my spouse>> i ve been married for almost 2 years and lived with my wife for 1 year before coming to canada> so what do i need ? do i need a lawyer or can i apply? what are the things that i need to apply>> i have tons of pictures and we travelled together fo a couple of countries after our marriage>> we had a wedding >> and we knew each other for several years before>> i m still confused about what to do?
Start by reading through this, should answer most of your questions. You do not need a lawyer to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hi, guys!
Just want to share my bad experience, maybe somebody is in the same boat...
Application received - March 21
AOR recived - April 6
Linked application- April 7
OWP- May 30
and no messages after that...
Few weeks later I noticed that the status in my application was changed to "Action is required", but the same thing:no messages and no required documents from CIC, so I could't to upload anything.
I checked information on CIC FB page and noticed that they have some glitch in their system at this period and this message should be ignored.
As on CIC website there is no information about timeline, just "within 12 months", I decided to look something up on forums. And here I've found that everybody received a request letter to upload Schedule A and PCC just after linking their application.
So I made a technical report with this problem. In 2 days they answered:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

The same day they sent me a message with request to upload Schedule A and PCC, this letter was DATED APRIL 7!!!!!! and made some changes in my application:
Review of additional documents - We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
But when I clicked "View submitted application", I saw the same thing "There are no required documents for this Online Application" and the same problem that I can't to upload any documents...
So I decided to send required documents through IRCC Web form.
Is there anybody who faced the same situation?
No worries, I had the same situation and contacted them uploaded the documents on the webform as well..still waiting for Med request. Cheers.