+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi, guys!
Just want to share my bad experience, maybe somebody is in the same boat...
Application received - March 21
AOR recived - April 6
Linked application- April 7
OWP- May 30
and no messages after that...
Few weeks later I noticed that the status in my application was changed to "Action is required", but the same thing:no messages and no required documents from CIC, so I could't to upload anything.
I checked information on CIC FB page and noticed that they have some glitch in their system at this period and this message should be ignored.
As on CIC website there is no information about timeline, just "within 12 months", I decided to look something up on forums. And here I've found that everybody received a request letter to upload Schedule A and PCC just after linking their application.
So I made a technical report with this problem. In 2 days they answered:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

The same day they sent me a message with request to upload Schedule A and PCC, this letter was DATED APRIL 7!!!!!! and made some changes in my application:
Review of additional documents - We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
But when I clicked "View submitted application", I saw the same thing "There are no required documents for this Online Application" and the same problem that I can't to upload any documents...
So I decided to send required documents through IRCC Web form.
Is there anybody who faced the same situation?
Yes, for some March and most April applicants, this was a common and well-known issue, that no Sched A and PCC request is shown in their MyCIC account. Moreover, I know of some applicants who didn't have any upload button or any list of required documents on the 'View Submitted Application' page. You did the right thing, you should send it by webform and it is also a good idea to send it by mail as soon as possible too. Make sure you follow the correct signing instructions for mail and webform for the Schedule A as written in the guide.
IRCC fixed this issue for May applicants and May onwards most people get their Sch A & PCC request letter in their online account as soon as they link their app.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
What are the stages for Inland Applications (Family Class, but not as Spouse in Canada)? Please provide full description of stages.
Here is the status of my application.

Application received -- June 29th 2017
AOR Received -- August 3rd 2017
Schedule A Requested - August 13th 2017
Medical Requested - August 15th 2017
(Will be uploading Schedule A and get Medical done in next 1 week)..

What are the steps after that ? I do not understand what is AIP, DM, etc.
I believe if you select Family Class to sponsor your spouse, it becomes an outland application. This also explains how you got your medical request so soon. Normally, for inland applications, you receive the medical request 120-130 days after they received your app. You got it a couple of days after your Sched A Request. (Outland is unofficially faster)
If you look at the checklist, if you select the family class even for inside Canada (third check box), there is a note that says you may be called to an interview outside Canada. This means your application is outland even while you are in Canada as it will be sent and processed outside canada for the applicant part of it. Also note how the addresses to send the app (PO Box) are the same for both the outland options.

Reactions: nilesh.kamani

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Hi, guys!
AOR recived - April 6
OWP- May 30
Few weeks later I noticed that the status in my application was changed to "Action is required", but the same thing:no messages and no required documents from CIC, so I could't to upload anything.
I checked information on CIC FB page and noticed that they have some glitch in their system at this period and this message should be ignored.
As on CIC website there is no information about timeline, just "within 12 months", I decided to look something up on forums. And here I've found that everybody received a request letter to upload Schedule A and PCC just after linking their application.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

The same day they sent me a message with request to upload Schedule A and PCC, this letter was DATED APRIL 7!!!!!! and made some changes in my application:
Review of additional documents - We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
But when I clicked "View submitted application", I saw the same thing "There are no required documents for this Online Application" and the same problem that I can't to upload any documents...
Hi Halyna,

This would infuriate me to no end! So sorry this has happened to you : (

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone. I sent my application on August 14th. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully, everything is ok. Thank you everyone for useful advises.

Last edited:
Reactions: shazahsan

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
Hi, guys!
AOR recived - April 6
OWP- May 30

I am right there with you!!! :(
Who would have thought this kind of ridiculous/non-sense issues could happen??!!!

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
Just double checking that the AOR is when IRCC sends an email to link the application on-line? If that is the case my spouse received that today. August 16. Our application was received in IRCC office on July 13.

Reactions: Jcwells

francisco bucchi

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Everyone. I sent my application on August 14th. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully, everything is ok. Thank you everyone for useful advises.
Hi lakosn, I also sent my application on August 14, so maybe we will have similar dates in the future. I haven't received any message from CIC saying they received the application. Did you received any message?

Last edited:

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi lakosn, I also sent my application on August 14, so maybe we will have similar dates in the future. I haven't received any message from CIC saying they received the application. Did you received any message?
No, not yet. I'm tracking it through Canada Post and it doesn't say it's delivered. I hope they'll receive it tomorrow.

Aug 17, 2017
Hello guys. Does the sponsor have to submit a police check as well, or just the principal applicant?
Also, do both the sponsor and principal applicant need to submit a Schedule A Background/Declaration or just the principal applicant? Thank you guys.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hello guys. Does the sponsor have to submit a police check as well, or just the principal applicant?
Also, do both the sponsor and principal applicant need to submit a Schedule A Background/Declaration or just the principal applicant? Thank you guys.
Just the principal applicant

Aug 17, 2017
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
Thank you so much for this! I tried to link my application 2 times and nothing was found but after trying this I was able to link my application :)

Reactions: Jcwells

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
So my ECAS shows:
3. Medical results received. What does that mean? Pass or not pass ? and how long after for PR ?

I applied Dec 23, 2016.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
I didn't provide PCC from Canada.
Reference:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4
Do I need to provide a police certificate for my time in Canada?
You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check.
You might need it yes, but they will ask for it. No action is required at the moment.

eluelu

Aug 17, 2017
You may have some problems since you did not declare it.. In some cases, even though you both were not present in the residence it is deemed as conjugal partner or a scheme adopted to seek immigration benefits by your partner. So, it may get risky. One big question will be what is her age? and how frequently did you both talk and if you have history?