+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi, we submitted in may 27th 2017. I am in Canada already my fiance is Canadian. I just got email today from immigrations to link my application to my account for faster processing and that they need that to let me know of other documents I need to send them. That's one good news.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
even with this agreement, to have the abilities to do "cyber war" is good, that could be seen as a dissuasion, even for China.
I haven't had much time to check news today, but I just saw that the supreme court reinstated most of the US travel ban...
The agreement made me laugh, because it likely was not even considered until CAF stated that they will start into offensive cyber operations. Once they heard that, the white flag comes out. And frankly, there is enough here that would be capable, willing, and might even enjoy dropping foreign state "bad guys" on the cyber-wild west. Myself included. It will be interesting to see if the understanding; that perhaps we possess know-how and capability to cause significant "damage" (however transient that "damage" might be); would be enough to have them back off...

No only one part of the ban. They have upheld the injunction on the travel ban if there is any ties to the US. So, if family, work, etc, then CBP is not allowed to enforce. The bigger question is, if those neanderthals can actually read or follow that simple instruction. I call them that, because I have read and seen enough to know that's the appropriate word (taking parents away, in front of their crying kids -- who are left behind because they were born in the US?? Really???). However, if you don't have any ties to the US at all, then they can refuse entry based on your Country of Origin (only 6 of the 7 in the original EO, from my understanding).

And the other good news is, ISIS in Iraq is effectively finished. They only possess 2km sq of Mosul, and it's expected the battle is finished in the coming couple days. There is no way to really know if they rooted them all or not. There still could be resurgence... once that ideology spreads...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi, we submitted in may 27th 2017. I am in Canada already my fiance is Canadian. I just got email today from immigrations to link my application to my account for faster processing and that they need that to let me know of other documents I need to send them. That's one good news.
Awesome. Linking the application to MyCIC is how they will send you document requests (eg The Police Certificates), and send your medical request.

Most of the folks on this thread are applicants from 2016. So the information we have, is a little out of date (well, kind of). There is a 2017 thread that you may (also) want to follow. There you can get 2017-specific information. Let me find the link for you...

Edit: 2017 inland thread is here

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Awesome. Linking the application to MyCIC is how they will send you document requests (eg The Police Certificates), and send your medical request.

Most of the folks on this thread are applicants from 2016. So the information we have, is a little out of date (well, kind of). There is a 2017 thread that you may (also) want to follow. There you can get 2017-specific information. Let me find the link for you...

Edit: 2017 inland thread is here
Thanks alot

Reactions: profiler

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Congrats Cariie!! You must be so happy!!
very happy browning911. thank you for all your posts, they were helpful and encouraging. It was a very long wait,( I did have another application 5 years ago but it wasn't very promising, so I had this spousal application as a back up kind of thing) but it's all worth it. It was truly a struggle but I believe if you're honest about your application, no matter how hard the process is, it will come out in your favor at the end...

For those who are still waiting and feel like it will never come, as long as your relationship is genuine and ongoing, you have nothing to worry about. Provide the necessary documents and take prompt actions to every correspondence CIC will send you. Making follow ups once in a while is never a bad thing, it will not speed up the process, but just to make sure your file won't be left somewhere untouched ( some documents i sent weren't entered in my file and "lost" ,thank God I kept the tracking number and the officer who received them).

Reactions: carolbb23

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
The agreement made me laugh, because it likely was not even considered until CAF stated that they will start into offensive cyber operations. Once they heard that, the white flag comes out. And frankly, there is enough here that would be capable, willing, and might even enjoy dropping foreign state "bad guys" on the cyber-wild west. Myself included. It will be interesting to see if the understanding; that perhaps we possess know-how and capability to cause significant "damage" (however transient that "damage" might be); would be enough to have them back off...

No only one part of the ban. They have upheld the injunction on the travel ban if there is any ties to the US. So, if family, work, etc, then CBP is not allowed to enforce. The bigger question is, if those neanderthals can actually read or follow that simple instruction. I call them that, because I have read and seen enough to know that's the appropriate word (taking parents away, in front of their crying kids -- who are left behind because they were born in the US?? Really???). However, if you don't have any ties to the US at all, then they can refuse entry based on your Country of Origin (only 6 of the 7 in the original EO, from my understanding).

And the other good news is, ISIS in Iraq is effectively finished. They only possess 2km sq of Mosul, and it's expected the battle is finished in the coming couple days. There is no way to really know if they rooted them all or not. There still could be resurgence... once that ideology spreads...
My wife has two uncles in USA, but still we won't spend a penny trying to apply for a visa as long as this travel ban is being discussed.
The fact that ISIS is almost done is a good news, but the growing tensions between USA-led coalition and Russia/Iran-Pro Assad forces in Syria is a bit worrying.

STL

Apr 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
13-07-2016
Med's Request
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Hi
Just an update.....got decision made on both sides.....what will be the next step?......also we submitted medical in april 2016..... is there any possibility of medical request again after getting decision made on both sides?

Thanks,,
congratulation!!
when did you do medical??
i also wating DM..but it's been a already
2month i passed medical

Reactions: carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Thank you profiler, and nope they did not seize our documents
Congratulations and Mr.Profiler is right just ignore that part I suggest you get everything ready a week ahead

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My wife has two uncles in USA, but still we won't spend a penny trying to apply for a visa as long as this travel ban is being discussed.
The fact that ISIS is almost done is a good news, but the growing tensions between USA-led coalition and Russia/Iran-Pro Assad forces in Syria is a bit worrying.
I don't let them worry me. It's all sabre-rattling. Eg: When the Ruskies want to "remind" the Canadian or American governments (or any really, replace with the flavour of the week), they send out their war planes to "probe" or fly along the borders. One such incident was April 21 2017. Two nuclear-capable long-range bombers flew along the north "shore". They were shadowed by both US and CAN fighters. Is it any wonder that it was a day after news came out that they figured out for certain that Sarin was used in Syria? And (sort of) explaining away Trump's hammering of the military base who sent the fighters out to drop that gas. Sabre-rattling. With that in mind, they all are doing it. I just don't listen to it anymore.

Yeah, travel to the US is last on my list right now. My wife and I joke, and call it Novorossiya (translated literally to "New Russia"). The running joke is, if we wait long enough, she won't need a wisa to wisit. That her Russian passport will work as the US ones... #SadTimesBadJokes

Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I don't let them worry me. It's all sabre-rattling. Eg: When the Ruskies want to "remind" the Canadian or American governments (or any really, replace with the flavour of the week), they send out their war planes to "probe" or fly along the borders. One such incident was April 21 2017. Two nuclear-capable long-range bombers flew along the north "shore". They were shadowed by both US and CAN fighters. Is it any wonder that it was a day after news came out that they figured out for certain that Sarin was used in Syria? And (sort of) explaining away Trump's hammering of the military base who sent the fighters out to drop that gas. Sabre-rattling. With that in mind, they all are doing it. I just don't listen to it anymore.

Yeah, travel to the US is last on my list right now. My wife and I joke, and call it Novorossiya (translated literally to "New Russia"). The running joke is, if we wait long enough, she won't need a wisa to wisit. That her Russian passport will work as the US ones... #SadTimesBadJokes
the Iran-US increased tension is a source of worry for my wife...