IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
the Iran-US increased tension is a source of worry for my wife...
Yeah I did have something in my last message about it. Here is my take on that: until there is an actual sharp escalation in tensions or the sabre-rattling comes to blows, I wouldn't worry too much.

One of the things foremost in my mind in 2014 and 2015 was my wife living in Moscow. The concern I had was, that they would begin a conflict after Putie's expensive weekend in Donbass and Crimea (Ukraine). During that time, I grew increasingly worried about the rhetoric and the military actions to demonstrate "readiness". Even finding submarines and war planes showing up all over the world -- and the war planes having transponders turned off, so they couldn't be identified by civilian aviation trying to avoid collisions. So, I do understand that feeling very well. Thankfully, she is here now for good, and will only visit. Next such visit is in August.

My advise here is to pay attention, but don't worry too much. Trump is a big mouth, but so is the Ayatollah in Iran. It's all talk. His focus is redirecting the American people to something other than the Russia probe. So, he will want to spend a little more time in N. Korea (who has actively threatened and stated how they want to utterly destroy ALL of america), than with Iran right now. So, tell her not to worry for now :). Worry when it's time :).

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
I have been inundated with calls from different numbers by people who I suspect to be scammers. They told me that they received a signal that my windows is malfunctioning and that they need access to my computer to fix it. Lol. The fools must think I am buffoon. I courteously told them that I was not interested in their repairs and that I know they want to access my computer and steal my information. I thought the calls will abate, but to my chagrin, they kept calling and I kept blocking every new number they use. However, this number 1800-989-0992 has been ringing me constantly and out of anger I barked at the caller like a rabid dog and slammed the phone down hard on d callers ears. After the incident I started wondering if the caller was from Cic. Does anybody know if thats a cic number? Tried to call back and it kept telling me all their agents are busy.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have been inundated with calls from different numbers by people who I suspect to be scammers. They told me that they received a signal that my windows is malfunctioning and that they need access to my computer to fix it. Lol. The fools must think I am buffoon. I courteously told them that I was not interested in their repairs and that I know they want to access my computer and steal my information. I thought the calls will abate, but to my chagrin, they kept calling and I kept blocking every new number they use. However, this number 1800-989-0992 has been ringing me constantly and out of anger I barked at the caller like a rabid dog and slammed the phone down hard on d callers ears. After the incident I started wondering if the caller was from Cic. Does anybody know if thats a cic number? Tried to call back and it kept telling me all their agents are busy.
Probably not. Most times when CIC calls it will be "private number". But you really don't have to accept the call from CIC at all. If they need something, they can always send an email/message over myCIC/etc. So, don't worry!

EDIT: Scam. See: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-989-0992

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Yeah I did have something in my last message about it. Here is my take on that: until there is an actual sharp escalation in tensions or the sabre-rattling comes to blows, I wouldn't worry too much.

One of the things foremost in my mind in 2014 and 2015 was my wife living in Moscow. The concern I had was, that they would begin a conflict after Putie's expensive weekend in Donbass and Crimea (Ukraine). During that time, I grew increasingly worried about the rhetoric and the military actions to demonstrate "readiness". Even finding submarines and war planes showing up all over the world -- and the war planes having transponders turned off, so they couldn't be identified by civilian aviation trying to avoid collisions. So, I do understand that feeling very well. Thankfully, she is here now for good, and will only visit. Next such visit is in August.

My advise here is to pay attention, but don't worry too much. Trump is a big mouth, but so is the Ayatollah in Iran. It's all talk. His focus is redirecting the American people to something other than the Russia probe. So, he will want to spend a little more time in N. Korea (who has actively threatened and stated how they want to utterly destroy ALL of america), than with Iran right now. So, tell her not to worry for now :). Worry when it's time :).
Yah, he is a big mouth, but North Korea has a strong support from China. I don't think USA will strike first if anything was to happen. But the ties between Iran and Russia are not that strong, so Iran would likely be an easier target than North Korea. So if Trump feels the need to satisfy his ego with a war... Iran might be the easiest target for the moment. And yes, I also tell her to to enjoy the present time and not to worry with what may or may not happen, but all her family is still Iran, so it's easier said than done!

Reactions: profiler

STL

Apr 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
13-07-2016
Med's Request
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
hi guys
i need advice on my situation.
i applied 23th june 2016
medical requested 7th april 2017
medical done 17th april 2017
( next day 18th , i also send a medical document via web form and got automative email from ircc)
medical passed 27th april 2017
wating..wating..
and on 29th may, got email from ircc about my medical result confirm and it forward to officer to look at it.

now its been a two month i passed medical..and no DM yet,,but cic already processing july applicant.
do i have to wait more? or im going to contact my local MP. i hope it will be help..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yah, he is a big mouth, but North Korea has a strong support from China. I don't think USA will strike first if anything was to happen. But the ties between Iran and Russia are not that strong, so Iran would likely be an easier target than North Korea. So if Trump feels the need to satisfy his ego with a war... Iran might be the easiest target for the moment. And yes, I also tell her to to enjoy the present time and not to worry with what may or may not happen, but all her family is still Iran, so it's easier said than done!
I think Iran is less interesting, than breaking the western democratic institution. But yes, I do see your point. In that case, my wife's family is in Moscow...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hi guys
i need advice on my situation.
i applied 23th june 2016
medical requested 7th april 2017
medical done 17th april 2017
( next day 18th , i also send a medical document via web form and got automative email from ircc)
medical passed 27th april 2017
wating..wating..
and on 29th may, got email from ircc about my medical result confirm and it forward to officer to look at it.

now its been a two month i passed medical..and no DM yet,,but cic already processing july applicant.
do i have to wait more? or im going to contact my local MP. i hope it will be help..
Do you have AIP (jog my memory pls)...

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
good morning everyone, just like to share some good news!

We finally got a landing interview scheduled for next week (we applied last year in April)

But one question what is "Certified copies of seized ID Documents and Notice of Seizure form" that is required to be brought at the interview.

Thank you!
Nice! Congrats! April when?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
yes i have SA,AIP on 7th april 2017
There is at least one other case on this thread in exactly the same state. Seeming to not move after medicals. So I am going to give a long(er) winded explanation as to what is happening here.

First-stage approvals are Sponsorship approval, and Approval in Principle (called Eligibility). If the application passes this stage, CIC moves onto the Security, Criminality, and Medical checks (called Admissibility). To land, you must have a valid Security check and a valid Medical. So, you know one of those has passed, and is valid. So the other is missing. The Security Check.

You don't have to take my word for it, you can call CIC to ask them for an update. You can also try asking them directly the status of your Security clearance check. I'd bet nearly everything that it's "in progress" or "not yet started". That's all that will be holding you up. They do involve external partners (intelligence agencies from Canada and from other countries) to make sure you are not a risk to Canada. This can be one bottleneck.

This morning, Reuter's ran a story that might also explain part of why Security checks are slowed down. Here is the story.

STL

Apr 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
13-07-2016
Med's Request
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
There is at least one other case on this thread in exactly the same state. Seeming to not move after medicals. So I am going to give a long(er) winded explanation as to what is happening here.

First-stage approvals are Sponsorship approval, and Approval in Principle (called Eligibility). If the application passes this stage, CIC moves onto the Security, Criminality, and Medical checks (called Admissibility). To land, you must have a valid Security check and a valid Medical. So, you know one of those has passed, and is valid. So the other is missing. The Security Check.

You don't have to take my word for it, you can call CIC to ask them for an update. You can also try asking them directly the status of your Security clearance check. I'd bet nearly everything that it's "in progress" or "not yet started". That's all that will be holding you up. They do involve external partners (intelligence agencies from Canada and from other countries) to make sure you are not a risk to Canada. This can be one bottleneck.

This morning, Reuter's ran a story that might also explain part of why Security checks are slowed down. Here is the story.
i agree with you..
my police certificate is already expired
on 30th may. but they didnt request for a while..why..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
i agree with you..
my police certificate is already expired
on 30th may. but they didnt request for a while..why..
If you haven't been out of Canada (or, more importantly, in the issuing country) since you sent it in, then it won't matter.

STL

Apr 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
13-07-2016
Med's Request
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
If you haven't been out of Canada (or, more importantly, in the issuing country) since you sent it in, then it won't matter.
i called CIC .
he said everything looks good and there is no request police certificate. and he said my eligibility is passed,,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
i called CIC .
he said everything looks good and there is no request police certificate. and he said my eligibility is passed,,
Waiting on Security I bet...

Remember, Security isn't the Police Check. Police Checks are for Criminality. Security is different (terrorism, organized crime, war crimes, crimes against humanity, subversion of governments, etc).

STL

Apr 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
13-07-2016
Med's Request
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Waiting on Security I bet...

Remember, Security isn't the Police Check. Police Checks are for Criminality. Security is different (terrorism, organized crime, war crimes, crimes against humanity, subversion of governments, etc).
thankyou profiler! ill wait more..so hard

Reactions: profiler