Iahbianca

Jun 16, 2017
@Iahbianca:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
for the paper application:
"
This application package includes:

"
You need to submit the document checklist IMM 5556 and the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker IMM 5710. If you are applying as a Common-Law partner, you need to supply the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union IMM 5409; and if not, and you are applying as a spouse, then you must supply a marriage certificate. Use of a Representative isn't necessary.

in IMM 5710:
Box 1 - Your UCI. If you don't know this, leave it blank. If you have a previous permit, or visitor visa in your passport, it will be on there.
Box 3 - I am applying for one or more of the following: You will want "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer". If you are out of status, then you will want to also select "Restoration of your status as a worker". This will require an additional $200 payment for the work permit.

Fill out: Personal Details, Languages, Passport, Contact Information, Coming to Canada, Education, Employment, and Background Information as appropriate.

Details of Intended Work In Canada:
Box 1 (a) - Select "Open Work Permit"
Box 2 (a) and (b): "N/A"
Box 3 - You can leave blank or put your Province and City.
The rest, leave blank.

Print it out, sign and date.

Fill out the Checklist with all the items you are enclosing.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp to pay fees. Here is the direct link for Temporary Resident Visas (OWPs, etc): https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17

Put 1 in the Quantity Box for Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155)
Put 1 in the Quantity Box for Open work permit holder ($100)
And lastly, if you are restoring status, put 1 in the Quantity Box for Restore your status as a worker ($200)
NOTE:
For folks who are renewing or extending, you just need to pay the $155. You can pay the OWP Holder fee as well, and it will just be returned to you. Better safe than sorry!

Pay online, print out the receipt and include that in your OWP package.

Send your application in: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E7
Current Address (EXTENSIONS ONLY!):
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Or (NEW APPLICATIONS):
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work permit for spouses and common-law partners
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 777
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

HTH!

Thank you, your sooooo helpful. :)

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
thankyou profiler! ill wait more..so hard
Totally understand. It's like your right there... The end is right there...

But don't worry...soon!

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
I am becoming more, and more, prolific! How's it, Guyana?

Nyet on the card. Though I have not been home since 'bout 7:30 or so. So I will know better when I get home. That said, mr. @sylvain1 advised that there is a means to check online! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp and it presently says 57 days!
Hoping for card here as well, my friends landed 2 months ago and they got in in around 33 days. Hoping for some miracle here :D

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Hi everyone. I just got my landing interview on july 14 in Vancouver. Didnt even get a dm or anything. Just the landing. It figures that we just went to icbc to renew my sponsers id have dont have a valid id for him till it comes in the mail. Im wondering if a birth certification and care card credit card will be enough. We do have the recipt for his new id. But it can take 30 days to get. Im wondering why they are having me go to Vancouver....its a 4.5 hr drive vs the osoyoos border witch is only 2.5 hrs away.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone. I just got my landing interview on july 14 in Vancouver. Didnt even get a dm or anything. Just the landing. It figures that we just went to icbc to renew my sponsers id have dont have a valid id for him till it comes in the mail. Im wondering if a birth certification and care card credit card will be enough. We do have the recipt for his new id. But it can take 30 days to get. Im wondering why they are having me go to Vancouver....its a 4.5 hr drive vs the osoyoos border witch is only 2.5 hrs away.
Congrats! License, passport, etc. Should be ok.

Reactions: Ealaz

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hoping for card here as well, my friends landed 2 months ago and they got in in around 33 days. Hoping for some miracle here :D
C'mon 57 days isn't that long.. ;)

Reactions: Sam8119

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Congrats! License, passport, etc. Should be ok.
I have all that but my sponser doesnt. They take your old id at icbc and u have to wait for a new one. I cant get a hold of cic of course to ask. Hoping his new id comes in time. Crazy im excited never seen Vancouver. Thx for you help.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have all that but my sponser doesnt. They take your old id at icbc and u have to wait for a new one. I cant get a hold of cic of course to ask. Hoping his new id comes in time. Crazy im excited never seen Vancouver. Thx for you help.
Birth cert and some form of photo ID (passport, health card, etc). They didn't even bother asking for my ID at Kitchener... So it will vary. But they will likely accept a birth cert and something with his picture on it.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
There is at least one other case on this thread in exactly the same state. Seeming to not move after medicals. So I am going to give a long(er) winded explanation as to what is happening here.

First-stage approvals are Sponsorship approval, and Approval in Principle (called Eligibility). If the application passes this stage, CIC moves onto the Security, Criminality, and Medical checks (called Admissibility). To land, you must have a valid Security check and a valid Medical. So, you know one of those has passed, and is valid. So the other is missing. The Security Check.

You don't have to take my word for it, you can call CIC to ask them for an update. You can also try asking them directly the status of your Security clearance check. I'd bet nearly everything that it's "in progress" or "not yet started". That's all that will be holding you up. They do involve external partners (intelligence agencies from Canada and from other countries) to make sure you are not a risk to Canada. This can be one bottleneck.

This morning, Reuter's ran a story that might also explain part of why Security checks are slowed down. Here is the story.
Looks like you're absoulately right as according to my GCSM notes, they're currently waiting on a document to regarding my wife (sponsor) to give us the go on the SA and they requested my schedule a as you know which explains why my background check is still in process and that's it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Looks like you're absoulately right as according to my GCSM notes, they're currently waiting on a document to regarding my wife (sponsor) to give us the go on the SA and they requested my schedule a as you know which explains why my background check is still in process and that's it.
It's part of IP-8; CICs own processing manual. Google: cic ip-8 ; first link. There even used to be a flow chart depicting that description. They removed it, though...