+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
So that location will require ~4 weeks to book a landing. add 65 days to that, is November 18th that you would get your PR Card -- if you had a DM today.

Is it possible that the embassy or consulate could help you renew this? Leaving Canada can be problematic at the stage you are at -- because they could DM any time. They created the inland sponsorship for folks who will not leave. So, it can also be problematic WRT your application. Lastly, crossing the border means you would need to carry some proofs that you have a Spousal Sponsorship in play.
No.. the only way is to go back to my country to get extension unless I have PR card. I guess all I can do is just to wait and pray lol

Worst case, I will just land before Dec 31 2017 (as CIC promised they will finish about 80%) and be prosecuted for not returning back lol

I can stay in Canada as PR without valid passport right?

And when I become a Canadian Citizen I will throw out my old citizenship and visit my families in Korea as Canadain Citizen ...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No.. the only way is to go back to my country to get extension unless I have PR card. I guess all I can do is just to wait and pray lol

Worst case, I will just land before Dec 31 2017 (as CIC promised they will finish about 80%) and be prosecuted for not returning back lol

I can stay in Canada as PR without valid passport right?

And when I become a Canadian Citizen I will throw out my old citizenship and visit my families in Korea as Canadain Citizen ...
Yup. You can. PR's can remain in Canada indefinitely. Will Korea accept a COPR? Must it be the PR Card? You get the COPR the day you land.

Reactions: sylvain1

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Yup. You can. PR's can remain in Canada indefinitely. Will Korea accept a COPR? Must it be the PR Card? You get the COPR the day you land.
Must be valid PR Card... CORP is not accepted hahahahaha........ I know, its shit. There are so many regulation so that people cannot get away from serving military unless you are resident of other country.

To add more details... I applied with my wife back in Toronto, and I recently moved to Victoria to take provincial government job.

I talked to the agent about this and she said it will not be a problem since it is related to the job opportunity and is temporary (My wife will be moving to victoria as soon as she finds her opportunity). So I made a webform with explanation letter and all the back ups such as employment letter from provincial government.

Just throwing this in case anyone else is wondering what happened if they become non-cohabitation during the application.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Must be valid PR Card... CORP is not accepted hahahahaha........ I know, its shit. There are so many regulation so that people cannot get away from serving military unless you are resident of other country.

To add more details... I applied with my wife back in Toronto, and I recently moved to Victoria to take provincial government job.

I talked to the agent about this and she said it will not be a problem since it is related to the job opportunity and is temporary (My wife will be moving to victoria as soon as she finds her opportunity). So I made a webform with explanation letter and all the back ups such as employment letter from provincial government.

Just throwing this in case anyone else is wondering what happened if they become non-cohabitation during the application.
Sad. Unfortunately, I wish I had better news. But, without knowing how long it takes to extend, you might be SOL here. If it only takes a couple days to get the permission extended, then I would head back ASAP and get it sorted. Otherwise, as you said, you can just renounce your Korean citizenship to get Canadian citizenship in about 2-3 years...

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Sad. Unfortunately, I wish I had better news. But, without knowing how long it takes to extend, you might be SOL here. If it only takes a couple days to get the permission extended, then I would head back ASAP and get it sorted. Otherwise, as you said, you can just renounce your Korean citizenship to get Canadian citizenship in about 2-3 years...
Or I get DM in couple weeks and land in late October! Than I should have my PR card at Dec 31,2017. Than I can go to my consulate and tell them I am a resident of other country so forget about military shit from me. hahahahaha As long as I have PR card on my hand by the last day of this year, I can legally stay in Canada with valid passport/valid oversea stay lol

Thank you so much Profiler!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Or I get DM in couple weeks and land in late October! Than I should have my PR card at Dec 31,2017. Than I can go to my consulate and tell them I am a resident of other country so forget about military shit from me. hahahahaha
Also true. How long does it take to get the extension?

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Also true. How long does it take to get the extension?
2 weeks. But the thing is I have to apply for the oversea stay extension within the country (I mean South korea).

And there is no guarantee that the ministry of defense will extend. In case it does not get extended, I have to go serve for 21 months

Means I lose my wife here and lose my government manager job lol... loosing everything that I made it so far in Canada.....

It is a hugeeee risk.... I would rather be prosecuted and not going back to my country till I get Canadian citizen

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
2 weeks. But the thing is I have to apply for the oversea stay extension within the country (I mean South korea).

And there is no guarantee that the ministry of defense will extend. In case it does not get extended, I have to go serve for 21 months

Means I lose my wife here and lose my government manager job lol... loosing everything that I made it so far in Canada.....

It is a hugeeee risk.... I would rather be prosecuted and not going back to my country till I get Canadian citizen
*yuuuuuuge

Yup -- understood. Sorry to hear about it :(.

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
*yuuuuuuge

Yup -- understood. Sorry to hear about it :(.
I got dual problem lol waiting for CIC to do my application is already shit load of worries.. and my country is adding extra worries on that lol..

Anyway, im just gonna hope that my landing date is at least before November...

Do you think it is reasonable expectation?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I got dual problem lol waiting for CIC to do my application is already shit load of worries.. and my country is adding extra worries on that lol..

Anyway, im just gonna hope that my landing date is at least before November...

Do you think it is reasonable expectation?
err.... I think you should probably see DM in less than a month. That'd be my guess here. I have been wrong before -- once. But that said, I don't control the rate at which CSIS completes those. Considering that's all that's left, DM is usually reasonably fast once they have the report.

So, add a month, you probably would have a PR Card by beginning of December?

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
But you were out of status. That means that you have reached AIP if they issued the OWP. Do you have the AIP letter? If you do, that actually works better.

Otherwise, you have to get your employer to write you a letter to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in support of your OHIP. They have to state when you started working for them, that they intend to keep you employed for at least the next 6 months, and your job title and general list of duties.
I didn't received any AIP,SA...Everytime I call it says that we are doing background check. How long does that take normally? My origin country is Iran.
I received my SIN with the work permit.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I didn't received any AIP,SA...Everytime I call it says that we are doing background check. How long does that take normally? My origin country is Iran.
I received my SIN with the work permit.
I am not sure... Perhaps there is someone in the thread from Iran who might know roughly?

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
So guys, I went for my landing appointment today and the lady there was so courteous. She just asked me the generic questions repeated on this thread severally. Have you been convicted of any crime? Have you been refused entry or ordered to leave Canada? Do you have any other undeclared dependent? And strangely asked my spouse if she was still willing to sponsor me and abide by the conditions of sponsorship. She proceeded to issue me the COPR document, congratulated me and advised me to get a new SIN and health card. Beginning to finish was about 10 minutes

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So guys, I went for my landing appointment today and the lady there was so courteous. She just asked me the generic questions repeated on this thread severally. Have you been convicted of any crime? Have you been refused entry or ordered to leave Canada? Do you have any other undeclared dependent? And strangely asked my spouse if she was still willing to sponsor me and abide by the conditions of sponsorship. She proceeded to issue me the COPR document, congratulated me and advised me to get a new SIN and health card. Beginning to finish was about 10 minutes
Congrats

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
Hi guys,I have a question, I'm June 23th applicant, on 10th April 2017 I got Request for police certificate and medical examination, I sent pcc and medical after one week and my Ecas updated in medical received,on 16th May 2017 they sent an email saying :

Proof of Relationship: You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are a common-

law partner (cohabitating for a period of at least one year at time of application). Acceptable documentation includes: declaration of common-law relationship, evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms. This documentation must provide evidence dated at least one year prior to the date of your application

I sent them further proofs of my relationship and they received on 5th June 2017, after this one I didn't hear nothing back, I also received the SA on 16th May 2017.
I read here in the forum that they respond back after 60days, is been more than 60 days and I still don't hear nothing from CIC,do you guys think the reason is that they are doing my background check (so other 60days more or less) and probably I will be contacted in the next few weeks?

I really hope all this frustration is gonna end before 2018