Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Not a master, nor a professional. Hell, even my employer thinks the same (though, oddly, they promoted me like two days ago)...

Security check is where the Canadian intelligence community, and their international partners check to make sure you haven't been involved in anything like: acts to subvert governments, terror, war crimes, crimes against humanity, or organized crime. Generally speaking, most people don't lead such an exciting life (though I heard @meaningful1 might have ended up in Afghanistan once or twice ;) ). They can take 3-6 months to complete. But likely it was started a while ago, so it should be completed reasonably soon.

Two questions: What's country of origin and what area of Canada are you in? This will shape the follow up answer...

Well well well!
Meaningful1 at 2:07 pm on August 17,2017 has is Confirmation of permanent residence.:cool:
Just let today soak in, I wanna share my experience with our interview. Today is veeeeeeery special day and I want to enjoy it. Its also my 300th post on this forum.
I have some very interesting observations to share.. . . including what immigration official thinks about this forum ha ha ha . . . . but tomorrow.thanks guys, I am tired after a very long day. I just had to pop in to let my friends here know " the CoPR is in my pocket"
Blessings:cool:

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
hello everyone, I landed may31,2017, and up to this date, I haven't received my PR card yet, anybody in this forum is having the same problem? also, I do have dependents from my home country, I should receive an email from CIC for their visa, but sadly, haven't heard a sound since I landed. This makes me more anxious more than anything. I waited for almost two years to land, and now, its another waiting game ! feels like there's no end to this lol! thanks guys any reply is greatly appreciated

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Not a master, nor a professional. Hell, even my employer thinks the same (though, oddly, they promoted me like two days ago)...

Security check is where the Canadian intelligence community, and their international partners check to make sure you haven't been involved in anything like: acts to subvert governments, terror, war crimes, crimes against humanity, or organized crime. Generally speaking, most people don't lead such an exciting life (though I heard @meaningful1 might have ended up in Afghanistan once or twice ;) ). They can take 3-6 months to complete. But likely it was started a while ago, so it should be completed reasonably soon.

Two questions: What's country of origin and what area of Canada are you in? This will shape the follow up answer...
Hey congratulations on the promotion!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I didn't received any AIP,SA...Everytime I call it says that we are doing background check. How long does that take normally? My origin country is Iran.
I received my SIN with the work permit.
Salaam! My wife is from Iran. I'm not sure about "normal" processing time for background checks, but it took longer for us than most people that applied in 2015. We applied August 12th, 2015 and got SA/AIP/DM in March 2017, so 19 months to get DM and about 21.5 months from app received to landing.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So guys, I went for my landing appointment today and the lady there was so courteous. She just asked me the generic questions repeated on this thread severally. Have you been convicted of any crime? Have you been refused entry or ordered to leave Canada? Do you have any other undeclared dependent? And strangely asked my spouse if she was still willing to sponsor me and abide by the conditions of sponsorship. She proceeded to issue me the COPR document, congratulated me and advised me to get a new SIN and health card. Beginning to finish was about 10 minutes
Congratulations!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys,I have a question, I'm June 23th applicant, on 10th April 2017 I got Request for police certificate and medical examination, I sent pcc and medical after one week and my Ecas updated in medical received,on 16th May 2017 they sent an email saying :

Proof of Relationship: You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are a common-

law partner (cohabitating for a period of at least one year at time of application). Acceptable documentation includes: declaration of common-law relationship, evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms. This documentation must provide evidence dated at least one year prior to the date of your application

I sent them further proofs of my relationship and they received on 5th June 2017, after this one I didn't hear nothing back, I also received the SA on 16th May 2017.
I read here in the forum that they respond back after 60days, is been more than 60 days and I still don't hear nothing from CIC,do you guys think the reason is that they are doing my background check (so other 60days more or less) and probably I will be contacted in the next few weeks?

I really hope all this frustration is gonna end before 2018
That might indeed be because they are waiting for your security checks, but you could try to call and asked specifically if your additional proofs were attached to your file and if so, what steps remain to be completed (likely security checks).

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Well well well!
Meaningful1 at 2:07 pm on August 17,2017 has is Confirmation of permanent residence.:cool:
Just let today soak in, I wanna share my experience with our interview. Today is veeeeeeery special day and I want to enjoy it. Its also my 300th post on this forum.
I have some very interesting observations to share.. . . including what immigration official thinks about this forum ha ha ha . . . . but tomorrow.thanks guys, I am tired after a very long day. I just had to pop in to let my friends here know " the CoPR is in my pocket"
Congratulations on both the 300th post and the CoPR! It's always a great feeling of relief when it's officially over!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
hello everyone, I landed may31,2017, and up to this date, I haven't received my PR card yet, anybody in this forum is having the same problem? also, I do have dependents from my home country, I should receive an email from CIC for their visa, but sadly, haven't heard a sound since I landed. This makes me more anxious more than anything. I waited for almost two years to land, and now, its another waiting game ! feels like there's no end to this lol! thanks guys any reply is greatly appreciated
I would suggest to call CIC. My wife landed on May 26th and got the PR card few weeks ago already.

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
That might indeed be because they are waiting for your security checks, but you could try to call and asked specifically if your additional proofs were attached to your file and if so, what steps remain to be completed (likely security checks).

Why? There is the possibility that that they forgot to attach my additional proofs to my file? Lol I hope no

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Salaam! My wife is from Iran. I'm not sure about "normal" processing time for background checks, but it took longer for us than most people that applied in 2015. We applied August 12th, 2015 and got SA/AIP/DM in March 2017, so 19 months to get DM and about 21.5 months from app received to landing.
Salam, my application received in Aug.2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Well well well!
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I concur with @sylvain1 here. Sounds fishy to me...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Why? There is the possibility that that they forgot to attach my additional proofs to my file? Lol I hope no
There is delay in the mail room that handles attaching file details to files.. once attached it can take upto 30 days or so for the officer to pick the file up again. It will all depend where in their stack of files they are, and when they attached your proofs.

Last edited:

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017
There is delay in the mail room that handles attaching file details to files.. once attached it can take upto 30 days or so for the officer to pick the file up again. It will all depend where in their stack of files they are, and when they attached your proofs.
Gotcha,good to know :)
So I can say that I'm kinda in time and all this waiting is normal