AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Tnx, dominicantiguan, i have been waiting to get update for the last 10 month almost 11month but ntg and when i read on this forum ppl has started they review of eligiblity under 6 or 7 month from their applcn. That is why i become frustrated . one question if they ddt start ma eligibility up to now my AIP, SA...decision...etc will be out of 12 month period even ma eligiblity , if so is it normal?
Note: i am worried because ma refugee hearing is 2 months in time and
Your application could still be done within 12 months as you can go from not hearing anything to DM within 24 hours. simply keep checking your ecas and that you're not missing any required documents and if that's all good then just wait.

As @Dundolina stated, they're currently working on applications sent up to 25th of August which could mean as far as 2nd week of September, who knows. But you're close.. give it time.

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Your application could still be done within 12 months as you can go from not hearing anything to DM within 24 hours. simply keep checking your ecas and that you're not missing any required documents and if that's all good then just wait.

As @Dundolina stated, they're currently working on applications sent up to 25th of August which could mean as far as 2nd week of September, who knows. But you're close.. give it time.
Thanks a lot @dominicantiguan i wl do that and hope fast and positive outcome!!!

Reactions: dominicantiguan

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
I'm 98% sure (based on a previous argument I had) there is no bridge. I contend the applicant can apply for the spousal OWP, but can't keep working via the bridge time.

Takes 4 mos, so if the visa runs out by Christmas time, apply for the spousal OWP (see my signature for completion tips).

Wish I had better news, but best to maintain status -- then you can argue with MPs...
Thank you profiler! By can't keep working via the bridge time, do you mean that he can't work after the PGWP expires and before he receives the spousal OWP? Yikes, we barely have 2 months then...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you profiler! By can't keep working via the bridge time, do you mean that he can't work after the PGWP expires and before he receives the spousal OWP? Yikes, we barely have 2 months then...
As long as the work permit is valid, you can keep working. But when it expires, you cannot.

The OWP carries an implied status. If you were extending, there would be an implied working status. But because it's a different category of WP, that status doesn't exist.

Reactions: sylvain1

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Master Profiler...

I have a quick yet completed question that I need you help!

I am July 2016 applicant, and found DM on sponsorship side at the end of June 2016. I just received SA and AIP letter dated as Aug 15 2017.

I called CIC and talked to the agent, and she said my background check is done and they are doing my security check...

What is security check? and based on your professional judgement, when should I be expecting DM on applicant side from ECAS and landing date?

If I do not get PR card by the December 31, 2017,, I run into serious problem in the country where I am from.

They limited my stay in overseas because I didnt do my military services. Once I have PR, I can be exempted from the military but my time line is Dec 31, 2017.

If Im not gonna get PR card by Dec 31, 2017 I have to go back to the country and extend my oversea staying....

I need to make decision now... Please help!

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Master Profiler...

I have a quick yet completed question that I need you help!

I am July 2016 applicant, and found DM on sponsorship side at the end of June 2016. I just received SA and AIP letter dated as Aug 15 2017.

I called CIC and talked to the agent, and she said my background check is done and they are doing my security check...

What is security check? and based on your professional judgement, when should I be expecting DM on applicant side from ECAS and landing date?

If I do not get PR card by the December 31, 2017,, I run into serious problem in the country where I am from.

They limited my stay in overseas because I didnt do my military services. Once I have PR, I can be exempted from the military but my time line is Dec 31, 2017.

If Im not gonna get PR card by Dec 31, 2017 I have to go back to the country and extend my oversea staying....

I need to make decision now... Please help!
Not a master, nor a professional. Hell, even my employer thinks the same (though, oddly, they promoted me like two days ago)...

Security check is where the Canadian intelligence community, and their international partners check to make sure you haven't been involved in anything like: acts to subvert governments, terror, war crimes, crimes against humanity, or organized crime. Generally speaking, most people don't lead such an exciting life (though I heard @meaningful1 might have ended up in Afghanistan once or twice ;) ). They can take 3-6 months to complete. But likely it was started a while ago, so it should be completed reasonably soon.

Two questions: What's country of origin and what area of Canada are you in? This will shape the follow up answer...

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
As long as the work permit is valid, you can keep working. But when it expires, you cannot.

The OWP carries an implied status. If you were extending, there would be an implied working status. But because it's a different category of WP, that status doesn't exist.
Hm... I think that's only the case if we were applying for a different category of permit (i.e. was on work permit, and applying for study permit)? As long as it was a work permit, and we apply for a new work permit, implied status will be in effect I believe. Quickly checked on the CIC website:

"R186(u) allows for persons to continue working under the conditions of an expired work permit, as long as they applied for a new work permit before the original work permit expired and have remained in Canada. Once the decision has been made, the client will either have to leave Canada or will continue as a worker who holds a valid work permit."

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Not a master, nor a professional. Hell, even my employer thinks the same (though, oddly, they promoted me like two days ago)...

Security check is where the Canadian intelligence community, and their international partners check to make sure you haven't been involved in anything like: acts to subvert governments, terror, war crimes, crimes against humanity, or organized crime. Generally speaking, most people don't lead such an exciting life (though I heard @meaningful1 might have ended up in Afghanistan once or twice ;) ). They can take 3-6 months to complete. But likely it was started a while ago, so it should be completed reasonably soon.

Two questions: What's country of origin and what area of Canada are you in? This will shape the follow up answer...
Thank you !

I am from south korea.. and yea for sure I never lived such an exciting life.. Just to add little more detail.. CIC asked me to get report and finger print from RCMP/My resume/ government held position explanation which they received sometime in May 2017.

I am in Victoria BC!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hm... I think that's only the case if we were applying for a different category of permit (i.e. was on work permit, and applying for study permit)? As long as it was a work permit, and we apply for a new work permit, implied status will be in effect I believe. Quickly checked on the CIC website:

"R186(u) allows for persons to continue working under the conditions of an expired work permit, as long as they applied for a new work permit before the original work permit expired and have remained in Canada. Once the decision has been made, the client will either have to leave Canada or will continue as a worker who holds a valid work permit."
The conditions no longer exist, when you apply for the OWP available to spousal sponsorships. The categories of work permit are different, so the implied worker status doesn't apply here. I made the same argument months back, and this was pointed out to me.

Also, have a look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Note the Spousal Sponsorship is not in the list.

Last edited:

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019

Just checked with our lawyer, he said that there is open vs closed work permits, and under open work permit, there are specific categories such as the post graduate work permit... So holding a pgwp will still have implied status as long as we renew before the expiry date (phew).

In any case, we decided to not wait anymore. Will submit soon just to get this cleared out of the way. From the looks of it, security screening won't be done for another while. :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you !

I am from south korea.. and yea for sure I never lived such an exciting life.. Just to add little more detail.. CIC asked me to get report and finger print from RCMP/My resume/ government held position explanation which they received sometime in May 2017.

I am in Victoria BC!
So that location will require ~4 weeks to book a landing. add 65 days to that, is November 18th that you would get your PR Card -- if you had a DM today.

Is it possible that the embassy or consulate could help you renew this? Leaving Canada can be problematic at the stage you are at -- because they could DM any time. They created the inland sponsorship for folks who will not leave. So, it can also be problematic WRT your application. Lastly, crossing the border means you would need to carry some proofs that you have a Spousal Sponsorship in play.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just checked with our lawyer, he said that there is open vs closed work permits, and under open work permit, there are specific categories such as the post graduate work permit... So holding a pgwp will still have implied status as long as we renew before the expiry date (phew).

In any case, we decided to not wait anymore. Will submit soon just to get this cleared out of the way. From the looks of it, security screening won't be done for another while. :(
I might suggest having a look at my previous post. There is a link that might be of interest.