+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Someone Student Visa How to Submit Personal Financial Info?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm considering to Sponsor my nephew from Bangladesh to come to Canada as an International Student in a college with 2 years program.
local agents told him that if yo uncle sponsor you- there would be almost zero chance to get the visa and Canadian Govt wants to se that foreign money gets into Canada with students, and moreover 1st uncle in Canada might prove that nephew may never go back !! It is the case that Canadian close family member's sponsoring reduce the likelihood of getting visa for international students (particularly from Bangladesh) ?

Anyone having similar experience may help respond here- please.
Yes, it can be an issue for you providing the funds to attend school. Him and his family must show most of the funds to support his studies. You are not considered his immediate nor extended family under IRCC guidelines so there is no incentive if you decide that he comes here and you stop the funds due to various circumstances. Then he is in Canada with no money. Same with living with you. He still needs to show funds for living expenses because you could move or ask him to leave.

Student also has to show ties to return. So needs to show that program will give him many job opportunities in Bangladesh to justify costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleincanada

uncleincanada

Dec 29, 2023
Yes, it can be an issue for you providing the funds to attend school. Him and his family must show most of the funds to support his studies. You are not considered his immediate nor extended family under IRCC guidelines so there is no incentive if you decide that he comes here and you stop the funds due to various circumstances. Then he is in Canada with no money. Same with living with you. He still needs to show funds for living expenses because you could move or ask him to leave.

Student also has to show ties to return. So needs to show that program will give him many job opportunities in Bangladesh to justify costs.
Thank you for your frank opinion. So there is no way any 1st uncle can sponsor nephew to study in Canada even if I show separate fund in his name somehow in Bank like Bank Draft or GIC etc? Any suggestions how to make it reasonable to show that this is his dedicated/accessible fund ??

Any suggestions from anyone please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your frank opinion. So there is no way any 1st uncle can sponsor nephew to study in Canada even if I show separate fund in his name somehow in Bank like Bank Draft or GIC etc? Any suggestions how to make it reasonable to show that this is his dedicated/accessible fund ??

Any suggestions from anyone please?
You can certainly try.

Mar 21, 2024
I'm providing the financial support for someone to come to Canada as an International Student.
They need to prove that they can pay for their first year as a student as one of the requirements.
I can write a letter but also they will likely need some financial proof from me.
I don't want to send the personal info i.e. bank statements etc.. as I am not applying myself for the Visa
Can I do something like write in the letter that CIC can contact me directly for the financial documents if they require it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sir could you please help me to arrange show money for study Canada. I don't have any collateral I am living in a rented house so I am not capable for showing the money. Sir I am going to Canada for seeing my boyfriend he doesn't like me anymore I want to see him . Could you please help me
No one is going to give you money. You need to pay tuition and show minimum of $21k. How are you going to Canada to see your boyfriend. If he doesn’t want to see you then why come?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't need tution fee I need show money
You NEED to pay tuition fee and have at least the minimum amount $21,000 Cnd that IRCC require for international student to prove that you can afford to live and study in Canada. International students cannot come without money. They pay more than local Canadian/PR to study in Canada.
If you have no money, you cannot show. What is your real intension? You don't really have a school that you applied for?
What subject/degree/diploma do you plant to study. What is your study/career path?