+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Someone Student Visa How to Submit Personal Financial Info?

alexal

Jan 15, 2016
I'm providing the financial support for someone to come to Canada as an International Student.
They need to prove that they can pay for their first year as a student as one of the requirements.
I can write a letter but also they will likely need some financial proof from me.
I don't want to send the personal info i.e. bank statements etc.. as I am not applying myself for the Visa
Can I do something like write in the letter that CIC can contact me directly for the financial documents if they require it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A letter is not enough - CIC isn't going to take your word for it and will not contact you directly for the financial documents. Financial documents (e.g. bank statement) proving you have the funds available to provide the support you have promised must be included as part of the study permit application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alexal said:
There has got to be some way to not to have to send your personal financial documents and financial situation in the mail to a 3rd party to apply for a Visa.
There has to be a way to get it directly to a CIC officer please if anybody has been in this situation and can help
The 3rd party (the person apply for the student visa) is supposed to be someone you know extremely well (e.g. very close family member) and that's why you're willing to sponsor them. If you aren't willing to send your financial information to that person so that they can include it in their study permit application - then it will be pretty clear to CIC that you don't have a close relationship with this individual and they will doubt that you are in fact willing to act as sponsor.

FYI - even if that person is going to be living at your house, they must still demonstrate that have an additional $10K to cover living expenses. In other words, the fact they will be living with you isn't a substitute for showing the $10K in living expenses.

Reactions: Shamsiya

alexal

Jan 15, 2016
These responses aren't helping answer my questions...giving me info I already know. Wondering how you submit personal financial documents to CIC directly if you are sponsoring someone. Has nothing to do with my relationship with the person I am sponsoring. Just want to do it securely. If someone who has been through this who can help. Thanks.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
alexal said:
These responses aren't helping answer my questions...giving me info I already know. Wondering how you submit personal financial documents to CIC directly if you are sponsoring someone. Has nothing to do with my relationship with the person I am sponsoring. Just want to do it securely. If someone who has been through this who can help. Thanks.
You can't send your financial info directly to CIC. you need to give your all financial info to that person who you are sponsoring. He/She will submit the files to cic to review with his/her other files and applications.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Based on my personal experience, it would help if you could provide a letter stating your intent to sponsor whoever you're sponsoring and your relationship with the applicant. However, this will not be enough because the officer will need proof that you can indeed sponsor the applicant by providing financial documents such as bank statements. Telling CIC to contact you will not be effective because they won't bother calling you to verify and ask for more information/documents. They would instead base their decision on the documents that the applicant has provided. It is the applicant's sole responsibility to make sure all documents needed to prove he/she meets the requirements are submitted, without the visa officer asking for more along the process.

Just my thought. I know because I too did this and asked my uncle to write a letter and provided his bank statements.

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
1. Bank statements (savings + current)
2. Any property value documents
3. Ur salary slip from ur employer
4. (Assuming ur in canada) T4 slips for past two years
5. Affidavit from you stating the amount of money u wil be providing
6. Include a letter of explanation in which u explain y ur willing to give the money
7. Ur proof of relation to the applicant (which as described above by scylla is the most important doc bcz it is the doc according to which the VO wil decide if he is willing to accept u as sponsor.. So u see ur relation has everything to do wd ths)
8. Ur identity document copy (e.g. passport)
As already said by iceage, u can not send any document to CIC directly. U wil send these to the applicant and he wil submit it wd his application.

neet13

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sister has sponsored me
I have attached her
Last three years tax returns
Last six month bank accounts statements
Reference letter (notarised by lawyer)
Last 6 month salary slips
Pr card copy
Passport copy
Marriage certificate of sister
Job offer letter signed by her employer

anygann

Nov 16, 2019
when you reapply for the student permit for the second or third time, does it have to be new documents every time or when you submit one document for the first time should you submit that exact one again?

Successtrong

Sep 26, 2019
1. Bank statements (savings + current)
2. Any property value documents
3. Ur salary slip from ur employer
4. (Assuming ur in canada) T4 slips for past two years
5. Affidavit from you stating the amount of money u wil be providing
6. Include a letter of explanation in which u explain y ur willing to give the money
7. Ur proof of relation to the applicant (which as described above by scylla is the most important doc bcz it is the doc according to which the VO wil decide if he is willing to accept u as sponsor.. So u see ur relation has everything to do wd ths)
8. Ur identity document copy (e.g. passport)
As already said by iceage, u can not send any document to CIC directly. U wil send these to the applicant and he wil submit it wd his application.
My father'friend who knew me since I was a child, wants to sponser me to pay for my university because he sees me as motivated female in the hometown. What should I write the relationship with him?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My father'friend who knew me since I was a child, wants to sponser me to pay for my university because he sees me as motivated female in the hometown. What should I write the relationship with him?
Your father's friend is not a good sponsor and much more likely to lead to refusal. You really should have your parents or an immediate family member sponsoring your studies.

Successtrong

Sep 26, 2019
Your father's friend is not a good sponsor and much more likely to lead to refusal. You really should have your parents or an immediate family member sponsoring your studies.
He is a business man and he provided an officail letter from his business written on it that all my fees are on him, he will provide his bank statment. Do you think this is consider as scholarship from business man who wants to help a student.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
He is a business man and he provided an officail letter from his business written on it that all my fees are on him, he will provide his bank statment. Do you think this is consider as scholarship from business man who wants to help a student.
No it will not be a scholarship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Of course it's not a scholarship.

KoolBigJoe

Sep 2, 2019
Please can someone assist?My employer is ready to sponsor me for a postgraduate course in Canada. I would provide my employment letter and other necessary documents which would proof that I'm his employee.Do you think this can fly as he isn't a family member?