London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
nush78l said:
Then how can they announce in 2-3 weeks that the cap has been filled if they take that long to confirm completeness???

Doesn't make any sense. Unless, 5000 applications actually don't get processed. It might be 5000 cap just from initial assessment and then further filtering done by thorough assessment. Which means only about 2000 get actually processed per annual intake.
I believe that the way it works is this.

1) Applications are received and date/time coded but not processed.
2) They are then checked, in order, that they are complete. Any that are not are returned.
3) The application is added to the cap.
4) If the cap is exceeded, the application package is returned unprocessed.
5) The "complete" applications are processed in order. This may be months down the road.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Update:

My application was delivered by UPS today morning at 10.47AM.

Signed by Reid.

First major step over.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
WE LOVE CANADA said:
My application was delivered by UPS today morning at 10.47AM.

Signed by Reid.

First major step over.
Congrats!! I think the same courier delivered my application :D I used UPS too.

Best of luck! Fingers x'ed we make it all the way!

Delivered On:
Friday, 01/02/2015 at 10:47 A.M.
Left At:
Front Desk
Signed By:
REID

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anyone have any doubt about validity of money order payment . Please read the below CIC help link.
Certified cheque or money order issued in canada or a credit card is acceptable. The credit card have to be 9 months valid.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=822&t=14

How do I pay for my application to sponsor a parent or grandparent?

As there will be an annual cap on the acceptance of new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents, payment to the Receiver General for Canada will be accepted by credit card, certified cheque or money order only. Fees that are paid in any other manner (such as on-line payment or payment at a financial institution in Canada using the form IMM5401) will not be accepted and the application will be returned to the sponsor or representative, where applicable. If an application is returned and the applicant re-submits, the application will be placed in the processing queue according to the new date of submission.

Note that if a credit card is used for fee payment, it must be valid for at least nine months from the date on which the application is submitted.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
My package was delivered at 1:26 pm today(2nd Jan.).
Good luck to everybody.Last year I missed the quote by 1-2-hours.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myapp2014 said:
My package was delivered at 1:26 pm today(2nd Jan.).
Good luck to everybody.Last year I missed the quote by 1-2-hours.
My package was deliver at 1.24 pm , signed by Steponie. Good luck everyone

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
My application was delivered by Purolator at 8:45 AM signed by same person, Stephanie Reid. When can we expect any communication from CIC? ANY ideas..??

Misun

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2011
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
My package was received by Stephanie Reid as well..but my courier was not able to tell the what time. :-[

Do you think the quote was reached today? How do I know if mine made it within the quote?

My fingers are crossed as well. Good luck to everyone!!

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
jhutti said:
If anyone have any doubt about validity of money order payment . Please read the below CIC help link.
Certified cheque or money order issued in canada or a credit card is acceptable. The credit card have to be 9 months valid.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=822&t=14

How do I pay for my application to sponsor a parent or grandparent?

As there will be an annual cap on the acceptance of new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents, payment to the Receiver General for Canada will be accepted by credit card, certified cheque or money order only. Fees that are paid in any other manner (such as on-line payment or payment at a financial institution in Canada using the form IMM5401) will not be accepted and the application will be returned to the sponsor or representative, where applicable. If an application is returned and the applicant re-submits, the application will be placed in the processing queue according to the new date of submission.

Note that if a credit card is used for fee payment, it must be valid for at least nine months from the date on which the application is submitted.
I wouldn't trust what is in the Q&A as these posts could be dated and not reflective of the updated forms. The fee payment form was updated as of Aug 2014. Maybe prior to that money order was an acceptable form of payment and now it isn't. Safer to stick to exactly what CIC wants as of the most recent forms.

Also, money orders are more troublesome from a processing stand point as depending on who the issuer is the validity period varies and there could also be charges made on it for each month un-cashed. I have had issues in the past with money orders.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:
I wouldn't trust what is in the Q&A as these posts could be dated and not reflective of the updated forms. The fee payment form was updated as of Aug 2014. Maybe prior to that money order was an acceptable form of payment and now it isn't. Safer to stick to exactly what CIC wants as of the most recent forms.

Also, money orders are more troublesome from a processing stand point as depending on who the issuer is the validity period varies and there could also be charges made on it for each month un-cashed. I have had issues in the past with money orders.
Date Modified: 2014-11-07 is the date when the above Q &A was updated. One can check the page. cheers

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
jhutti said:
Date Modified: 2014-11-07 is the date when the above Q &A was updated. One can check the page. cheers
That's the update date for the whole Q&A session. Not just for that specific post.

Best to confirm with CIC agent before going ahead with a money order. Why take a chance.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Finally!! My application received and status update in Purolator as Delivered at 8:45 AM and signed by Stephanie Reid. First Step Over, looking forward for next inputs.. Best of Luck to all of you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll bet Stephanie Reid hasn't even had time to go to the bathroom since getting into work this morning...