29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
hi!
According to the cic.ca website
Alert Strike Action:and one sentence reads as:
"Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages."
What does it means?
Ans1: Yes there is delay in processing your application OR
Ans2: No effect on the application process and will continue to work

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Ans 1 unfortunately

SolarMS

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
06-11-2012
IELTS Request
8.5, Submitted with application
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada since July 2011 on TWP
Hi All,
New to this forum, but was interesting to see a lot of similar applicants.
I had been using trackitt until now but not much activity there......although there was one approval from Feb 2012 applicant to Ottawa. So may be the real processing time is like 15 months....
lets see...

Mysteaka,
Can you please add my details to the tracker?

Nationality: India
App Filed at Local Canadian Visa Office: 07 Sep 2012
Local Canadian Visa Office: Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
AOR Received Date: 06 Nov 2012
IELTS Exam Date: 05 Nov 2011
IELTS Score: 8.5
Highest Degree: Masters
Work Experience (Years): 10
Job Offer in Canada?:
yes File Transferred to Local Consulate: 06 Nov 2012

ds3010

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
SolarMS said:
Hi All,
I had been using trackitt until now but not much activity there......although there was one approval from Feb 2012 applicant to Ottawa. So may be the real processing time is like 15 months....
lets see...

Mysteaka,

Job Offer in Canada?:
Hello! Welcome to the forum. May I please ask you for the URL in which you saw the Ottawa application approved in February?

Sorry for the inconvenience

SolarMS

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-11-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
Sure as I mentioned I was on TRACKITT before....here is the link -
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers/page/2

You can filter by lots of things. I filter by Visa Office (Sydney, NS) and then approved status and then I sort it by application filed date. Actually there are two approvals both from Feb 2012. One got medicals in June 2012 and the other in Mar 2013.

Hope this helps............

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Norieltamayo and SolarMS,

I added your case into our table at ; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjsMYWx-8TnjdGJTM1l4VktFZ1Q5R1lfcTNLNzFEalE&usp=sharing
Please don't hesitate to edit/update it. Everyone can update this sheet anytime ;)

Nice to see you SolarMS :)

Thanks for the sharing your timelines.
Also, thanks for the information from trackitt.com.
Are the seniors asbereth and ramneesh ?

I remember that trackitt.com members couldn't choose "Ottawa" as "the local visa office" before 2012 Autumn. (Currently, members can select "Ottawa".) Do you think the seniors chose "Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada" as Ottawa? :)

Please keep updating and good luck!

SolarMS said:
Hi All,
lets see...

Mysteaka,

Job Offer in Canada?:

mex999

Apr 5, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some needed advice.

I am currently living and working in Canada under a post graduate work permit that expires in November 2013. I applied for FSW in June 2012. (Visa office: ottawa, PER: July 13, 2012, eCAS status: In POCESS) My application is currently in process; however, there have been changes in my field of work and there is a good possibility that there will be no work after August 1st with my current employer. how would this affect my application? with the current CIC strike my application may not be finalized before my current visa expires in Nov 2013. Would my application be rejected if CIC find out there is no work with my current employer after August 1st?

Should I find a different offer of employment ASAP and send it to Ottawa Visa Office?
Also, if I apply for a bridging work permit, do I need a valid offer of employment?
Thank you for any advice you can give me.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
mex999 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some needed advice.

I am currently living and working in Canada under a post graduate work permit that expires in November 2013. I applied for FSW in June 2012. (Visa office: ottawa, PER: July 13, 2012, eCAS status: In POCESS) My application is currently in process; however, there have been changes in my field of work and there is a good possibility that there will be no work after August 1st with my current employer. how would this affect my application? with the current CIC strike my application may not be finalized before my current visa expires in Nov 2013. Would my application be rejected if CIC find out there is no work with my current employer after August 1st?

Should I find a different offer of employment ASAP and send it to Ottawa Visa Office?
Also, if I apply for a bridging work permit, do I need a valid offer of employment?
Thank you for any advice you can give me.
If you applied under AEO or LMO and loose you job, then your application will be rejected, if not, there shouldn't much to worry about. Also, you can file a CEC immediately sine you have worked for more than a year

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
@norieltamayo
congratulation !!
can u share your timeline?
ty

SolarMS

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-11-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
@Mysteka - Yes that is correct those two were the ones approved. Thank you for adding my details.

@Mex99 - I think you would be okay as long as you meet the 67 threshold points even without the arranged employment points. I could not find a proper link to this, but there were a few posts, blogs, seminar notes, etc pointing to this. Please research more, but here is an excerpt from one of the posts -

"if the CIO makes a determination that the applicant is eligible to file a FSW application based on Arranged Employment (because they are working in Canada on a valid work permit and have an indeterminate job offer), this eligibility will continue even if the person loses their job before the completion of their permanent residence case. The Canadian Embassy or Consulate will not re-visit the decision with respect to eligibility under the Ministerial Instructions"

Source:http://blog.firstreference.com/2011/05/19/cio-provides-insight-into-federal-skilled-worker-processing/#ixzz2WUxxQKQs"

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
DannyyBoy said:
@ norieltamayo
congratulation !!
can u share your timeline?
ty
Hi,

You can see norieltamayo's timeline at here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjsMYWx-8TnjdGJTM1l4VktFZ1Q5R1lfcTNLNzFEalE&usp=sharing
We're sharing our timelines on above sheet :)
Hope this will help you.

SolarMS said:
@ Mysteka - Yes that is correct those two were the ones approved. Thank you for adding my details.
Yer welcome :)
Btw, I guess that their office isn't Ottawa. Seems that their VO are Manila and New Delhi. They probably chose Sydney as "the office they filed their application to". (No evidence, No confidence, I'm afraid)

SolarMS said:
@ Mex99 - I think you would be okay as long as you meet the 67 threshold points even without the arranged employment points. I could not find a proper link to this, but there were a few posts, blogs, seminar notes, etc pointing to this. Please research more, but here is an excerpt from one of the posts -

"if the CIO makes a determination that the applicant is eligible to file a FSW application based on Arranged Employment (because they are working in Canada on a valid work permit and have an indeterminate job offer), this eligibility will continue even if the person loses their job before the completion of their permanent residence case. The Canadian Embassy or Consulate will not re-visit the decision with respect to eligibility under the Ministerial Instructions"

Source:http://blog.firstreference.com/2011/05/19/cio-provides-insight-into-federal-skilled-worker-processing/#ixzz2WUxxQKQs"
As I heard, some seniors were rejected because they lost their job after they had applied for PR under FSW with arranged employment.
When CIC officer made a verification call, the officer was aware that the applicant quit job. And then the application denied.
Also one of my friends had applied under FSW with an arranged employment, and changed job after she got PR, in last month. She said "I filed my app 2010 to buffalo, but my process was started 2012 at Ottawa. I didn't quit my previous job before I got PR because my consultant gave me an advice I must not quit it". (She didn't get her PR card yet. But she already finished landing.)

I guess that the case SolarMS showed is correct but it's a bit old (because it's provided on May 2011).
My friend's case, her process was started 2012, so I guess that her experience and her consultant's advice is newer...

Or,
Although the rule SolarMS informed is correct, I suppose "eligibility check" doesn't mean "initial eligibility check".
If you got PER, it means "CIO-Sydney just checked (1) Did you include your payment and (2) all completed and signed forms in your package?".

If mex999's GCMS note shows that "eligibility check was finished", it might be fine.
However, I wouldn't like to say but I think that mex999's eligibility check isn't started yet... maybe Ottawa doesn't open the application yet... like other seniors who applied at the same time.

Hope everyone will get great news soon... and Fingers crossed for everyone.

canadahelper

May 13, 2013
Mysteka - For those FSW applicants with AEO who are already working in Canada and have their visa office in Ottawa, do you think its best to also apply for CEC (have anyone in this group applied for CEC as well?). Seems like Oct/Nov 2012 CEC applicants have started getting medicals.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I got a second line on my online status

We received your application for permanent residence on February 6, 2013. ( it's been there for the last 4 months)

We started processing your application on June 14, 2013. ( just added this week)

jaz0020

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Some highlights on how the strike is effecting the applications for Ottawa office :

Strike started on April 2nd.

1st walk out of work happened in 13th may.

So technically after 13th may there has been no work on any application of any sort in the Ottawa office.
Now since the cic website says that application process timing doesn't reflect the work stopped times in the process times , all the application are technically delayed by 3 months now : so the new time for processing the application increased from 13 months to 16 months + incremental till the strike is not resolved.

Details taken from :
http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151