Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
Mysteka - For those FSW applicants with AEO who are already working in Canada and have their visa office in Ottawa, do you think its best to also apply for CEC (have anyone in this group applied for CEC as well?). Seems like Oct/Nov 2012 CEC applicants have started getting medicals.

I guess we can't apply for 2 different programs, You will have same UCI Code for your application.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
p_sreenath said:
Mysteka - For those FSW applicants with AEO who are already working in Canada and have their visa office in Ottawa, do you think its best to also apply for CEC (have anyone in this group applied for CEC as well?). Seems like Oct/Nov 2012 CEC applicants have started getting medicals.

I guess we can't apply for 2 different programs, You will have same UCI Code for your application.
of you can apply for both, I know quite a few people who did that, FSW+CEC or FSW+PNP
no result yet though

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
I think, it would be better to withdraw your application for FSW depending upon what stage your application is in & apply for CEC.

itsmyid said:
of you can apply for both, I know quite a few people who did that, FSW+CEC or FSW+PNP
no result yet though

gpranav

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
Filed with Application
File Transfer...
31-10-2012
Med's Request
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013, Med's received on 17-05-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013, Passport submitted on 09/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
09/07/2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully in September 2013
Hello,

Today I got the PPR and RPRF. Thank god, atleast SDQ people are working.

Hope everyone will get soon.

I have a problem in sending the passport. Because I am in India and the embassy is Santo Domingo. I saw that there are both positive and negative replies that a passport can be sent outside the country or not.

Do anyone has experience in sending the Passport out by courier or know someone who did that. Thanks for any replies.

Also do anyone know is this final or still they may ask for some more documents like updated PCC etc.

Wishing everyone again.

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Good news. congratulations. At last they have started something.

itsmyid said:
I got a second line on my online status

We received your application for permanent residence on February 6, 2013. ( it's been there for the last 4 months)

We started processing your application on June 14, 2013. ( just added this week)

eshotel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2012
IELTS Request
Already submitted with App
File Transfer...
8 Nov 2012
Med's Request
17 April 2013
Med's Done....
2 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 April'13/ Sended on 7 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
gpranav said:
Hello,

I have a problem in sending the passport. Because I am in India and the embassy is Santo Domingo. I saw that there are both positive and negative replies that a passport can be sent outside the country or not.

Do anyone has experience in sending the Passport out by courier or know someone who did that. Thanks for any replies.

Also do anyone know is this final or still they may ask for some more documents like updated PCC etc.

Wishing everyone again.
Congrats Gpranav.

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Congrats Gpranav.
gpranav said:
Hello,

Wishing everyone again.

prempatel1986

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
congrats gpranav

gpranav said:
Hello,

Wishing everyone again.

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
canadahelper said:
Hi canadahelper, thanks for the message :)

In my opinion, if you need PR earlier, CEC isn't the best way for you.
I guess current CEC processing times are longer than 2012 applicants'.
However, if you have some other reasons (e.g, you are apply with an "Arranged Employment" but need to return back to your home country etc), I would like to recommend you to apply for CEC.

Yes, You can apply for CEC and FSW at the same time. (See CIC's help page : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=391&t=6 )

You can also withdraw your current application. I'm not sure CIC will refund. (CIC mentions that they will refund if you withdraw before they start your process, but I'm not sure what "Process start" mean... as you know, E-CAS shows "In process"...)

Hope above will help you! :)

though it is an unnecessary addition : you can skip over below :p :

Although I heard CIC puts priority on CEC, I actually suppose CEC processing times will be longer. I guess 2013 Summer applicants have to wait 18+ months (except their strike period).
Because I guess CEC applicants increase increase increase... after Jan 2013... because much more people can get an eligibility for CEC easily, and as you know, some FSW seniors already apply for CEC.
I'm afraid but I'm not sure about "How long"... I actually didn't consider about "How long" since I've heard about new CEC 14 months ago.
An important thing for me is that ; An applicant who apply under CEC doesn't need to keep working for Canadian Skilled Job. It means that the CEC application won't be rejected even if our company (employer) will go into bankruptcy, we will be fired and/or we will meet some accidents and quit/change our job relating to our arranged employment.

gpranav

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
Filed with Application
File Transfer...
31-10-2012
Med's Request
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013, Med's received on 17-05-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013, Passport submitted on 09/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
09/07/2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully in September 2013
Thank You, eshotel, Gaurav and Prempatel.

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
itsmyid said:
I got a second line on my online status

We received your application for permanent residence on February 6, 2013. ( it's been there for the last 4 months)

We started processing your application on June 14, 2013. ( just added this week)
gpranav said:
Hello,

Yay yay yay! Congrats dears!! :D

gpranav said:

Wishing everyone again.
You can send your passport outside. Please take a photocopy of your PP and WP, and keep it with a copy of PPR letter (e-mail?).
I couldn't find about Santo Domingo... but I just heard, in Spain, many airmails/packages meet accident since Jan 2013. Please be carefully.

According to seniors' experiences, I strongly believe that this is the start line of your final stage. Your process is almost done. I hope your passport will be back soon and then you will go landing!
Please keep sharing :)

canadahelper

May 13, 2013
Thanks MYsteka. I was zapped to see that some of the March 2013 CEC applicants (based in the CEC forum) have got their medical request. :eek:

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
canadahelper said:
Thanks MYsteka. I was zapped to see that some of the March 2013 CEC applicants (based in the CEC forum) have got their medical request. :eek:
I saw that too which makes me wonder how things are going on now at CIC....my friend applied for PNP in April 2013 and got medical request last month from the CIO, Sydney and not the visa office three days after AOR...

Same thing happened for CEC as well as you mentioned in case of medicals...Wonder if CIO has taken over the responsibility of medicals...

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Just got my GCMS notes... no activity on the file yet... but ministerial requirementes have been 'MET' so thats a relief.. i can now apply for the BOWP. Ottawa is in deep slumber.

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
canadahelper said:
dbss said:
I saw that too which makes me wonder how things are going on now at CIC....my friend applied for PNP in April 2013 and got medical request last month from the CIO, Sydney and not the visa office three days after AOR...

Same thing happened for CEC as well as you mentioned in case of medicals...Wonder if CIO has taken over the responsibility of medicals...
Thanks canadahelper and dbss for the information about March 2013 applicants!

I'm afraid but I read some CEC threads and CEC tracker (at trackitt.com), and found just a few 2013 CEC seniors already got MR. Many others seem still waiting. Many others seem still waiting. So I'm not sure about current CEC processing time is fast... It's probably CIC's (acceptable) error range (though it's unacceptable error range for me).
Even FSW seniors, as I know, at least 2 people got PR fast from Ottawa (toxicologist and msamoh. They've filed 2011 Summer. While many other seniors are waiting almost 3 years, their permanent resident visas were issued in 11 months and 19 months ... their file were transferred from Cairo. Although Cairo Office may have done their processing very well, Ottawa has done as well.)

Anyway, I suppose a part of CIC (some officers?) have changed the system, although I don't know details of those CEC processing. In the past, they did assessment first and then sent medical request. Now they probably send MR before the process started. They will do assess while the applicants take medical exam, so it makes the processing time faster.
If you apply for CEC then you have a chance of getting MR very soon... but, sorry, I don't have a confidence.

Whether or not we'll apply for CEC, I hope everyone will be fine and go to next step. Fingers crossed for you friends!

ghatot201 said:
Just got my GCMS notes... no activity on the file yet... but ministerial requirementes have been 'MET' so thats a relief.. i can now apply for the BOWP. Ottawa is in deep slumber.
That's a great news ghatot201! :)