+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012: FSW Arranged Employment applicants join here

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Up to what stage of processing we can withdraw our application for FSW so that we would get our fees back?? The way it is moving i guess, i will be in same boat in next month or so & will be forced to move to CEC.
- Gaurav
dbss said:
well I think I am gonna have to apply for CEC as well...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I don't find anywhere on CIC website that one can't apply under both FSW and CEC, so why does everybody want to withdraw FSW in order to apply under CEC? if you want, you can apply for both and take whatever comes first

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
itsmyid said:
I don't find anywhere on CIC website that one can't apply under both FSW and CEC, so why does everybody want to withdraw FSW in order to apply under CEC? if you want, you can apply for both and take whatever comes first
yes but along with that you will have to pay extra $550 for the application...it is a concern for some of us

jibinseb

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Hi Seniors,

Did anyone of you requested for GCMS notes? How to request for GCMS notes? And will this effect on our application process?

Please reply<<<

Thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,,
Jibin

gpranav

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
Filed with Application
File Transfer...
31-10-2012
Med's Request
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013, Med's received on 17-05-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013, Passport submitted on 09/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
09/07/2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully in September 2013
Thanks Mysteaka.

I had called the DHL. They told me that they can accept the Passport provided I submit an authorisation letter from the ministry of external affairs.

I am facing another problem. Fees can be paid only by direct deposit. SO anyhow I had to make a trip. My concern is that they should not ask for updated PCC later because it is hard to get in Santo Domingo. There is no regular Indian Embassy in SDQ.

I am trying to get the PCC here itself even if they did not ask for it. But these guys told me that they can give the PCC only if I show the letter from the Canadian Consulate asking for it. Does anyone got the PCC from India recently without the letter from the embassy?

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Just go with CIC instruction list print out for PCC + print out of page for getting PCC in India. Initially they will say no but if you insist and show your inclination towards putting something out of your pocket...they might give you one. ;D ;D ;D...Thats what i have done!!!

gpranav said:
Thanks Mysteaka.

I had called the DHL. They told me that they can accept the Passport provided I submit an authorisation letter from the ministry of external affairs.

I am facing another problem. Fees can be paid only by direct deposit. SO anyhow I had to make a trip. My concern is that they should not ask for updated PCC later because it is hard to get in Santo Domingo. There is no regular Indian Embassy in SDQ.

I am trying to get the PCC here itself even if they did not ask for it. But these guys told me that they can give the PCC only if I show the letter from the Canadian Consulate asking for it. Does anyone got the PCC from India recently without the letter from the embassy?

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Hi

@ Gaurav
gaurav1182 said:
Up to what stage of processing we can withdraw our application for FSW so that we would get our fees back?? The way it is moving i guess, i will be in same boat in next month or so & will be forced to move to CEC.
- Gaurav
According to CIC help centre ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4 ), the fees will be refunded only if CIC have not started processing your application.
You will need to contact the office responsible for processing your application to request to withdraw your application. They will advise you whether you are eligible for a refund based on where your application is in the process.

Could you share your experience when you withdraw your FSW application? I guess it will be helpful for many friends who are considering about switching.

@ jibinseb
jibinseb said:
Hi Seniors,

Did anyone of you requested for GCMS notes? How to request for GCMS notes? And will this effect on our application process?

Please reply<<<

Thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,,
Jibin
Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp and using the ATIP Online Request tool.

Good luck everyone! :)

jaz0020

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
The strike continues : new offices around the world who have stopped working today are :

Manila, Beijing, Bangkok, Jakarta, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chongqing and Astana. Immigration officers are striking in Delhi, Chandigarh, London, Moscow and Mexico City. In Tokyo, economic officers are also on strike. Additional withdrawals of service are impacting dozens of divisions at CIC and DFAIT headquarters in Ottawa.

Well now either cec or fsw or any application every thing is stuck . Hope this things closes by this month or there will be a huge delay in the applications (every kind of).

On the other note this is now getting more frustrating :( :mad:

Source :http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=153

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Thanks mysteaka for your reply. Just an update from my side. Applied for FSW with arranged employment few days before May 4. It reached CIO on 29th April, 2013. Money order encashed on May 7, 2013 but still no news on PER. CIO replied on my query placed via email that my application is awaiting review from an officer. I think, they are reviewing applications for PER considering VO one has opted as sreenath with similar timeline has already received his PER (VO: Ottawa).

I am not withdrawing my application yet but i checked with Call center. They instructed me to write one application with all required information and send it to CIO in envelop.

- Gaurav

mysteaka said:
Hi

@ Gaurav
According to CIC help centre ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4 ), the fees will be refunded only if CIC have not started processing your application.
You will need to contact the office responsible for processing your application to request to withdraw your application. They will advise you whether you are eligible for a refund based on where your application is in the process.

Could you share your experience when you withdraw your FSW application? I guess it will be helpful for many friends who are considering about switching.

@ jibinseb
Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp and using the ATIP Online Request tool.

Good luck everyone! :)

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
Gaurav
In in opinon , withdrawing will further delay the application status,its good that you are not withdrawing the application.Apparently money is taken , which indicates they are CIO working with thin staff ( due to strike)

shanindia2007

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visa office strike is not going to end ,,.....ultimately we have to suffer a lot.

nalamj

Dec 15, 2012
Hi sorry for the late update . Congrats gpranav . I recived my passport on may 26 th and I authorized my friend to bring my passport to canada .

I officially landed at peace bridge on 29 th June .

Thanks for all of u for the information and ur help

Fingers crossed for all of u

Thanks
Jana

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Hi Jana MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!
Have a happy Canada day and bright future in CANADA!! ;D

p.s. Could you give your story of medical exam/landing experience...? I believe it will be helpful ... thanks :)

nalamj said:
Hi sorry for the late update . Congrats gpranav . I recived my passport on may 26 th and I authorized my friend to bring my passport to canada .

I officially landed at peace bridge on 29 th June .

Thanks for all of u for the information and ur help

Fingers crossed for all of u

Thanks
Jana

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello All,
I read somewhere somewhere that CIO has to process all application in 90 days. Is it the correct information? It has been more than 60 days already since my application has reached CIO so just getting little bit curious. Thanks.