+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a hearing date today, will update u guys later this afternoon, very worried about it, what will be out come, but I am ready what ever result will be, it's almost exact 2 years since submit case for hearing, too long,keep calling them every 2 week that's what I did,!!!!

God help me

Oct 12, 2013
Good luck man...i hope u get instant welcome to Canada....as for me I had my hearing since 9 July still can't get the decision.am still waiting positive and hoping..best of luck

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Thanks God, my case accepted by irb member, today,
hearing took 3 and half hour, so many questions he asked me, why this why that, i was answering all those concerns about my pif honestly,

I realize during interview that my pif was not written by me organized, but I answer honestly every question of irb member, he was happy that I did not lie, he was little smiling at one point when I was answering his question, I don't know why, either my honesty or some thing else, he gave me 2 small breaks, to get relax,
But end he said I believe your r convention refugee..etc... .and accept your case,

Thanks God I was so happy that I could not explain the joy at that moment,
But this is first stage achievement guys... Now waiting for decesion in mail, how long it takes to receive letter in mail, any body, like to tell,

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Gogia said:
Hi Guys,

hearing took 3 and half hour, so many questions he asked me, why this why that, i was answering all those concerns about my pif honestly,

I realize during interview that my pif was not written by me organized, but I answer honestly every question of irb member, he was happy that I did not lie, he was little smiling at one point when I was answering his question, I don't know why, either my honesty or some thing else, he gave me 2 small breaks, to get relax,
But end he said I believe your r convention refugee..etc... .and accept your case,

But this is first stage achievement guys... Now waiting for decesion in mail, how long it takes to receive letter in mail, any body, like to tell,
All questions are welcome guys,
Congrats...you must be very relaxed and happy now.
and yes very true....being honest always helps.
You will get your notice of decision within 2 to 8 weeks.
Now prepare yourself for the next step i.e Permanent Residence status. :)

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks very relaxed, can't tell you, but 2 to 8 week, why 8 week,? Did u receive ur letter in 8 week,? He told me end of interview, I will receive letter in mail, but did not told me time,.....

Do I have to wait for that acceptance letter to file for Pr application or I have to wait for it in mail, to go to next step of filing Pr application.... as u said,

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
Thanks very relaxed, can't tell you, but 2 to 8 week, why 8 week,? Did u receive ur letter in 8 week,? He told me end of interview, I will receive letter in mail, but did not told me time,.....

Do I have to wait for that acceptance letter to file for Pr application or I have to wait for it in mail, to go to next step of filing Pr application.... as u said,
Yes, you have to wait for the letter of decision before applying, because the Minister has 15 days to appeal the decision of the IRB and you will have to attach the copy of this letter to the application.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Gogia said:
Hi Guys,

congrats, now waiting game for pr starts

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Gogia said:

2 to 8 week is normal time as they have todo their paper work before sending notice of decision to you ( informing other departments about your case, entering your case into computer systems, dispatch etc.)
i got mine in 5 weeks, i know some who got their notice in 2 weeks, some got it in 8,9 weeks. mostly on average people get the notice in 4 weeks.

You have to wait for the notice of decision before you submit your PR application.

About the Minister appeal:
i think usually if minister wants to intervene in a case the applicant is told before its hearing. the Minister provide a written notice of intervention to both the claimant and the Division and any documentary evidence that the Minister wants to rely on in the case hearing. So that the claimant and its counselor can respond to the point raised by the minister.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriv said:
i think usually if minister wants to intervene in a case the applicant is told before its hearing. the Minister provide a written notice of intervention to both the claimant and the Division and any documentary evidence that the Minister wants to rely on in the case hearing. So that the claimant and its counselor can respond to the point raised by the minister.
It's not about what you think. These are two different regulated processes: intervention into case hearing and appealing the decision. They are not obligatory interrelated.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriv said:
2 to 8 week is normal time as they have todo their paper work before sending notice of decision to you ( informing other departments about your case, entering your case into computer systems, dispatch etc.)
i got mine in 5 weeks, i know some who got their notice in 2 weeks, some got it in 8,9 weeks. mostly on average people get the notice in 4 weeks.

You have to wait for the notice of decision before you submit your PR application.

About the Minister appeal:
I think kriv is right I call lawyer he said 2 weeks to 4 weeks it takes,?..... once judge approve on end of hearing your case and told clearly I will receive letter in mail soon, that's it,

Minister intervene in those cases where evidence are suspicious or proofs are not acceptable, but irb member accept your case, but minister council feel it's unfair decesion, then they intervene in it to verify further the case, I think,

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
I think kriv is right I call lawyer he said 2 weeks to 4 weeks it takes,?..... once judge approve on end of hearing your case and told clearly I will receive letter in mail soon, that's it,

Minister intervene in those cases where evidence are suspicious or proofs are not acceptable, but irb member accept your case, but minister council feel it's unfair decesion, then they intervene in it to verify further the case, I think,
Then your lawyer doesn't know the procedure. Even if u get positive decision at the end of the hearing there is a chance that the minister will appeal it if considers there are enough reasons to do it because the ministry review cases selectively all over the Canada.