+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

Laxod

Apr 13, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am a legacy refugee claimant and submitted my pif in October 2012. I had my hearing on the 26th of March 2014 and received a negative decision letter on the 11th of April. The woman judge: Lesly Mason was very harsh. The hearing took about 3 hours and after the hearing, she said I will receive my hearing by mail.
Surprisingly, I received a 10 page negative letter. She was very bias and was not fair.
I have two boys and gave birth to the second boy in Canada, 15minths ago. My husband is still in my home country.
I need your advise on the options available to me now to ensure that I am not sent home and face persecution in my home country because the children's lives and mine are at risk in my home country. We submitted our pif in cic toronto.

Laxod

Apr 13, 2014
Hello guys,
Can someone help me with the options available to me. I sent an earlier mail immediately above on my negative decision.

SuperVisa

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have 30 days to leave Canada without deportation or you can appeal the denied decision. If they deny the appeal they will invite you to apply for PRA....if you have new evidence in your case it will help you, if not it is a low rate of acceptance, at the same time you can apply for humanitarian (1% of acceptance) but maybe you get more chance because you have Canadian children.

If you decide stay in Canada in order to have the chance to apply for PRA and humanitarian grounds, your voluntary departure becomes in Deportation order this is a tough decision and situation for the future because, you can not come back to Canada until you apply for an ARC. (cost $400 applications fees plus $750 or $1500 (it depend of the case) deportation fees.

My God help you. Blessings.

I went through this difficult situation ten years ago.

Unexpected

Mar 8, 2014
Hi guys, I have been visiting this page for months and months and finally I also decided to share my experience with many of my friends like me. I came to Canada in November 2012 (of course) a legacy claim. It has been 17 months and I did not hear from the IRB regarding my hearing. I also approached MP office and requested my lawyer several time but absolutely nothing happened yet. I am married and left my wife and three little children back home.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What u have to do...to get hearing schedule...quickly...call every week IRB local number and ask them give u an update about ur hearing its 17 months...they will say ok let me check bla.bla..bla...

If u call every week...u.will soon receive call from.them for hearing date...lot of members got their hearing this way...quick..

If u dont call them...they dont care...lot of lawyers i heard have influenced their clients for quick hearing...in irb by calling...bla..bla..

Why u want hearing quickly..?..in which city r u?

while lot of people want hearing date to prolong...so they can enjoy their stay in canada. ..and best of all welfare free money...while u wait for hearing date....

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Unexpected said:
Hi guys, I have been visiting this page for months and months and finally I also decided to share my experience with many of my friends like me. I came to Canada in November 2012 (of course) a legacy claim. It has been 17 months and I did not hear from the IRB regarding my hearing. I also approached MP office and requested my lawyer several time but absolutely nothing happened yet. I am married and left my wife and three little children back home.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
My friend submitted his PIF in August 2012 and his hearing is scheduled in June 2014. He tried different approaches such as going to MP, writing letter to IRB, doctor's report on his condition and ofcourse calling as well....
I also submitted my PIF in August 2012 and my hearing was scheduled in January 2014. I only made few calls to IRB that's it. but I had lots proof and evidence of being killed/tortured if being returned to my home country.
I guess it depends how strong is your case. They know if you are lying or telling the truth.
I feel your pain, I also have family and children back home and have gone through stages that you are going now. I say just stick there and be happy. Hope you get your hearing soon.
In the meantime, we should also be appreciative of this great country for letting us in and making us feel like home. Thank you Canadian and Canada. Hope each and every accepted refugee's payback for what you have done for us.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi wisuwerehere...which office city u submit ur pif...

One important question ur friend who has hearing in june-2014...do u like to share which country he is from....reason i am asking i heard from.some....one...irb now issueing hearing dates by country alphabetically....so if u share we can guess how long it takes other members to get their hearing dates aproximately....

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Gogia said:
Hi wisuwerehere...which office city u submit ur pif...

One important question ur friend who has hearing in june-2014...do u like to share which country he is from....reason i am asking i heard from.some....one...irb now issueing hearing dates by country alphabetically....so if u share we can guess how long it takes other members to get their hearing dates aproximately....
Gogia for privacy reasons I can't tell you his country of origin but he comes from the country where has the worst security situation. As far as scheduling hearings based on alphabetic order I have no idea.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tell u why....in ur earlier posts....u mentioned u have another case of sponsorship...from ur wife.....plus u change ur province or office too i think u said earlier....due too these reason may be u r behind....ur case is in different categories too...thats why i think...

God help me

Oct 12, 2013
Hi guys, am still waiting for hearing in montreal..i applied since Feb 2012 still no date..took ur advice gogia..been calling irb twice every month. Still nothing.. :'( it's so sad..how they can just forget us like that. :'( it's so unfair..now it's 27 months common IRB...this is too much my kids are suffering back home and am dying of depression over here... :'(

mtllover

May 1, 2014
God help me said:
Hi guys, am still waiting for hearing in montreal..i applied since Feb 2012 still no date..took ur advice gogia..been calling irb twice every month. Still nothing.. :'( it's so sad..how they can just forget us like that. :'( it's so unfair..now it's 27 months common IRB...this is too much my kids are suffering back home and am dying of depression over here... :'(
Sending positive vibes tru your way for good news to happen for you

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God help me said:
Very sad i did not see who is waiting that long in this forum...since feb 2012...when did u submit pif to irb montreal?

Mostly i see legacy claimants r i think october november december....2012....but not old as u r...just keep calling them that its that long...u will hear from them soon...also. ..just tell them.when u phone irb that u guys r doing unfair with my file..they will assign u date...right away...when they see its that old.....good luck...

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
God help me said:
Be strong, I have been through this situation and I know it makes us weak and vulnerable. But please don't lose patience, you will get your hearing soon. If you hear me write a proper letter(Canadian way) and send it to your Case worker and lawyer. Explain your situation and your family's. hope you get your hearing soon.