+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And also keep update this forum buddies...about ur hearing date plz...Best of Luck....

God help me

Oct 12, 2013
Hi guys...yes ..got my hearing date today..its gonna be in July here in montreal...thank God. at last. So keep calling and praying..my prayers now is to get positive result after this long wait...best of luck to all of us :D

AbuOmar

May 15, 2014
God help me said:
Hi guys...yes ..got my hearing date today..its gonna be in July here in montreal...thank God. at last. So keep calling and praying..my prayers now is to get positive result after this long wait...best of luck to all of us :D
Wish you all the best, July is a lucky month I got my hearing in July 2013, and I got positive, once again all the best :)

Toronto37

Jun 10, 2014
Applied for refugee and still waiting for hearing since 2012 Aug. Applied at Canadian American border coming from USA
Syrian Male . Single . All my family naturalized Canadian , parents sibling , and its been for a while since Aug 2012 . no hearing yet , how long have to wait more , .. Privet lawyer not very helpfull every call charge money and same story wait , wait wait,. any reasons share time please .

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
Seems to me still big back logs not cleared.
Unfortunately, the number of Members of IRB for legacy claims is restricted. They try to do their best, but it requires time.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
How u find the the members of irb restricted?
I didn't tell that the number of Members of the whole IRB was restricted. There are two streams: RPD and RPD Legacy Initiative. And some members of the last were shifted to RPD to proceed hearings for a new system.

nadre

Jul 29, 2014
I applied in Oct 2012 and recently got hearing date which is around three and half months from now.

Please help in preparing or if someone can comment based on his/her experience.

Its been a long time, lot of depression for me and my spouse.

thanks

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadre said:
I applied in Oct 2012 and recently got hearing date which is around three and half months from now.

Please help in preparing or if someone can comment based on his/her experience.

Its been a long time, lot of depression for me and my spouse.

thanks
To prepare exactly what?

August2012

Oct 16, 2014
I submitted my application in August 2012. Since then, I have been calling bi-weekly and my lawyer has been following up my case with IRIB too. No answer yet. I really don't understand what is the issue and why they are lagging behind to process/schedule legacy claimant's hearing. When you call, they even don't provide you enough information. What is for sure that there is no policy in place or fund available for legacy claimants. Maybe, we all should get together and protest against this biased and unfair system. If not, I am sure nothing will happen to our claims and I wonder if they would ever care.