+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

sukhkaur

Mar 30, 2014
Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

Hi
I am new on this form page so I don't know how to use this page properly, so sorry if I made any mistake.

I need help, one of my friend is in Canada and he has refugee status and he filed his case before December 2012 and he is still waiting for his hearing date. Does anybody can tell me how much longer does he has to wait to get hearing date.

Is there any way to get hearing date soon, like any way he can request to get hearing date, he is in deep depression because of that. So please if anybody can give me any suggestion that will be kind of you guys....
Thanks

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sukhkaur said:
Hi
I am new on this form page so I don't know how to use this page properly, so sorry if I made any mistake.

I need help, one of my friend is in Canada and he has refugee status and he filed his case before December 2012 and he is still waiting for his hearing date. Does anybody can tell me how much longer does he has to wait to get hearing date.

Is there any way to get hearing date soon, like any way he can request to get hearing date, he is in deep depression because of that. So please if anybody can give me any suggestion that will be kind of you guys....
Thanks
Sounds strange !!! As per my experience, the Refugee claims until June 2013 have been cleared long ago and people have received PR too. There must be something missing in your friend's case so he/she needs to contact CIC Call centre ASAP.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also waiting for hearing date...i submit pif in.nov 2012....still no hearing date...i called irb they said ur file is ready for scheduleing...waiting for date....?????...the girl on the phone said we deal each case...on his own basis...no time limit...they do pro long...so people leave the country...by themself...i met many individuals at job who left country and return to their home countries for several reasons...even after hearing u have to wait long time...to get pr card...not every one can wait that long....

Its really unfair with legacy claimants...who r in line waiting for 18 months now...and no hearing date...

While new cases with in 60 days..date...and mostly result rejected...as per ministers report.

Really really unfair...some lawyers has to file law suit against harper govt. In supreme court of canada for unfair law and unjustice to legacy claimants.

HI AMJ. ..u said ur experienced untill june 2013 case has cleared...r u like to say 2012 or 2013.....june...?
Can u elborate more on plz????

Any one here still waiting for hearing date who submit pif before 15 dec 2012...???

Poor Man

Feb 8, 2014
I think if irb cannot give u date early its mean...good for u...keep taking...welfare. ..as long as ur date dont come....plus...after 2 year...ur case falls in hnc automatically...so its win win situation...who r in line...waiting for hearing. ...

olutee76

Dec 18, 2013
Is there any Legacy claimants from other region here? is he/she experience the same? am trying to know if it Toronto office alone facing this delay or Canada generally.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard from one fellow at work he called every 2 week to IRB...to find out about his hearing date?...after 3 rd time he got hearing date...??

Every time before girl on phone said ur file is ready for scheduling for hearing date...nothing after that...

So he keep calling them...to find out...aftet 3rd time calling inquiring. ?..he got hearing date....

TRUST ME U have to make a call.TO IRB..if u dont...they dont care....!!!!!

olutee76

Dec 18, 2013
@ gorgia we have been talking since, I submitted in Toronto, in Nov 2012... but I want to know if there is anyone submitted in Alberta, manitoba and other place at that time.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi outlee76....How many time u call IRB? So far? and how often u call IRB...? And what they said to u about ur hearing or file?

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When u call just tell them ur pif submitted in nov 2012....u r ready for hearing ur lawyer is ready. ..plz schedule..my hearing? ??some.times nice.girls on.phone...put u on.schedule next week.u get call from them...that ur hearing is schedule for such and such date....in 60 days...

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No not yet...i heard old cases takes 20 months. ...to get hearing...its good. ..after...2 years. ..ur case comes under hnc...strong...but its rare chance u go over 20 months...u will get before that...if u call them every 2 weeks u will get soon date...i heard from many fellows...at work....

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just in case ur case denied...u apply under humanitarion compassionate grounds.....

But u will get date soon...they r working hard on old cases to clear asap...but if u call every 2 week irb number.....keep checking about ur date...just tell them...u r ready for hearing...ur lawyer is also ready...they will assign u hearing date....