+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Hi,

it took 1 year 6 months for mine, but that was back in 2010 when they had a huge backlog

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
When did you apply

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't know if im writing this is the proper section here , But need help ASAP ... My Fiance is from Libya, HIS LIFE IS IN DANGER, There is more or less a contract out on his head !!!! Can I get him here any faster then waiting for us to get married , I fear for his life PLEASE HELP !!!! :'(

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
WishuWereHere said:
September 2012 :(

Oh wow, i think you will get a date soon, they said that they are processing things faster now. Hopefully you will get a date soon

Good Luck at the hearing

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Claimed in Nov, 2011
My hearing finally rescheduled to July,2013
Please wish me the best.
I think they are trying to clear the backlog by the end of this year, not sure tho.

@Wishuwerehere: dude, you have been only waiting for eight months , i waited one year and eight months, so relax and be patient.

@Gosia: how long did you wait until you received a written decision ? did you get your PR card yet ?

@ LibyaLove 2012 : i'm not an expert however i believe the faster way to get him here is by going to Libya and marry him , get some pictures and submit it to the immigration office , or if you can find five people ( PR holders) who can sponsor him as a refugee... Good Luck :).

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
I am really happy for you that you got a hearing! Honestly this period of wait time is the hardest thing in ones life! I am having lots of difficulties coping with it. I hope to get my hearing soon. BTW how did you get to know that hearings are scheduled faster? did ur lawyer mention this to your or read somewhere?
syrian-g said:
Claimed in Nov, 2011
My hearing finally rescheduled to July,2013
Please wish me the best.
I think they are trying to clear the backlog by the end of this year, not sure tho.

@ Wishuwerehere: dude, you have been only waiting for eight months , i waited one year and eight months, so relax and be patient.

@ Gosia: how long did you wait until you received a written decision ? did you get your PR card yet ?

@ LibyaLove 2012 : i'm not an expert however i believe the faster way to get him here is by going to Libya and marry him , get some pictures and submit it to the immigration office , or if you can find five people ( PR holders) who can sponsor him as a refugee... Good Luck :).

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5 PR's to sponser him as a refugee ???? I don't understand?? And we have a wedding planned for November . I cant go Libya to marry him , how can I do that , do they Offer Fiancee visa's in lbya?? the government there is no government at all at the moment .. Im so stressed .. I have e-mailed everyone and everyone icould . I cant get anyone to help me .. I need to get him out of there before I become a widow before I even get married :(

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
@Wishuwerehere: i am just assuming that. Giving Ottawa board a date until the end of this year to clear out their backlog and scheduling hearing electronically are signs to assume so.
patience is a key, if it meant to you then it will happen

@Libyalove2012: Again i am not an expert, based on my knowledge; refugees in Canada are three types : inland refugee claimant, a refugee referred by the UNHCR and group sponsored refugee ( 5 PR's holder ) , please visit the RIB website for more info.
you planned your wedding in November even though you can not go there neither he can come; is this a PLAN !!!!
Listen, the Canadian embassy is not too dumb to believe that a citizen of restless country is coming to Canada for a pleasure and returning back to his or her country, i came to Canada before the revolution started and i had no plan whatsoever to claim refugee until all the doors closed at my face so i'm currently inland refugee claimant.
I understand the situation in Libya is horrible but hey guess what, people don't give a heck to that so what i would suggest is doing the ceremony in Algeria,Tunisia,Egypt or Sudan and file your application afterward. GOOD LUCK :)

Abba-Lib

Star Member
May 12, 2013
some where
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can help you , I'm in Libya and can help him out .

LibyaLove2012 said:
5 PR's to sponser him as a refugee ???? I don't understand?? And we have a wedding planned for November . I cant go Libya to marry him , how can I do that , do they Offer Fiancee visa's in lbya?? the government there is no government at all at the moment .. Im so stressed .. I have e-mailed everyone and everyone icould . I cant get anyone to help me .. I need to get him out of there before I become a widow before I even get married :(

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...