+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Oh yeah back in 2010.. but now i'm waiting for my landing interview date at scarborough.I should land either late this month or early next month :)

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Hi Wishuwerehere,

I just wanted to share my timeline with you so that maybe you guys wont feel so bad.
Please see below!

For me it was a long and most painful wait, considering i moved to canada in January 2008, that time there was a huge backlog, i was supposed to get my hearing initially in March 2010, but was rescheduled to August 2010, so as you can see i waited 1 year 6 months just to get a hearing date. All went well during my hearing, and it took just about 10-12 mins :D, the judge/immigration officer asked me to go out for about 10 mins after the hearing while he made a decision:) and after that he told me that he found me to be a conventional/protected person and welcomed me to canada. So i had to apply for my PR within 90 days i think. I applied on my 60th day, anyway stage 1 application began, getting all police clearance and FBI reports as well, asked for my medicals etc. I moved and changed places, at that time immigration asked for additional infor and sent to the wrong address :( By the time i called them it was like 3 months later, i had missed an address, so i had to provide this infor. Anyways it took about 6 months to get police clearance from the country that i used to live in, sent that infor together with FBI clearance report, and then my application was stuck at background check for about a year:( I almost lost it. But i kept on calling immigration 2-3 times a month, until March 25th 2013 when they told me that they finally approved my PR application :D So i got my decision made letter which showed that they made the decision on April 15th 2013, and that i will receive my landing letter from CIC scarborough. Its been a month and i still haven't received the letter yet, called CIC on friday and they said that currently CIC scarborough is taking 60 days to send these letters out and i should receive the letter around June 15th. And then after i land i will have to wait another 53 days to get my PR card. The waiting is just too much you know. And i think i will still have to wait another 2 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship.

So guys, don't worry so much about the time it takes to get the hearing because CIC takes their time to process. But it might faster for you guys with the new changes, you never know.

But good luck at the hearing, hopefully all goes well for you.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
For me it was a long and most painful wait, considering i moved to canada in January 2008, that time there was a huge backlog, i was supposed to get my hearing initially in March 2010, but was rescheduled to August 2010, so as you can see i waited 1 year 6 months just to get a hearing date.

Actually i waited 2 years 7 months just to get a hearing

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks Gosia very helpful indeed! I hope things go well for me as well.

gosia said:
For me it was a long and most painful wait, considering i moved to canada in January 2008, that time there was a huge backlog, i was supposed to get my hearing initially in March 2010, but was rescheduled to August 2010, so as you can see i waited 1 year 6 months just to get a hearing date.

Actually i waited 2 years 7 months just to get a hearing

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
syrian-g said:
Claimed in Nov, 2011
My hearing finally rescheduled to July,2013
Please wish me the best.
I think they are trying to clear the backlog by the end of this year, not sure tho.

@ Wishuwerehere: dude, you have been only waiting for eight months , i waited one year and eight months, so relax and be patient.

@ Gosia: how long did you wait until you received a written decision ? did you get your PR card yet ?

@ LibyaLove 2012 : i'm not an expert however i believe the faster way to get him here is by going to Libya and marry him , get some pictures and submit it to the immigration office , or if you can find five people ( PR holders) who can sponsor him as a refugee... Good Luck :).

I got my written decision on the same day of my hearing. Just make sure your story is straight and also gather as much information as you can before the hearing

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
@ Gosia : wow your patience paid off and i really hope to be approved and get my written decision in the same day so i can catch up Sept semester, someone has been waiting three months for the written decision and as you know you can almost do nothing without it.

salamuye

Jan 8, 2013
hello gosia i need answer i ask about my case by email enquir they told me qeueu for final riview what that mean and how long time taken complite thank

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
salamuye said:
hello gosia i need answer i ask about my case by email enquir they told me qeueu for final riview what that mean and how long time taken complite thank

sorry i dont understand your question..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LibyaLove2012 said:
Abba Lib ... was that comment meant for me ??If so how can you help ???? :'(
Abba Lib can't help.

To qualify as a refugee, your fiancee needs to reach Canada on a tourist visa and claim refugee status here. Alternatively, he needs to be identified as a refugee by the UN or an equivalent organization for resettlement in Canada (this second option won't get him to Canada quickly and I believe he will need to be living outside of Libya to be identified by the UN). To come to Canada to claim refugee status, your fiance will need to be approved for a TRV. Unfortunately the chances that he will be approved are very low - but he can certainly try. To be approved, he'll need to show that he has strong ties to his home country (assets, properties, job) and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Otherwise you need to be married or common law to sponsor him as your spouse (Canada has no finance visa). I understand why you don't want to travel to Libya. Can he travel to a different country in that region? If so, your best option would be to meet him in this third country and get married there. Once you are married, you can sponsor him for PR.

Abba-Lib

Star Member
May 12, 2013
some where
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dear ,

I sent you few days a go stating that I'm from Libya and I can help you out on this matter , sorry I was away that is why I did not reply on ur msg ,, anyway, kindly contact me to to explain to you the further steps of having your friend to Canada. contact me on : degarow@hotmail.com

Regards

salamuye

Jan 8, 2013
hello i done medical before 9 month and i sent enquir message by email for visa office they send back me your appiacation queue for final review what is final review means and how long take for finalize appialication