+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimants Wait Time (Legacy Claims)

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
encantado said:
Then your lawyer doesn't know the procedure. Even if u get positive decision at the end of the hearing there is a chance that the minister will appeal it if considers there are enough reasons to do it because the ministry review cases selectively all over the Canada.
Ecantado has my vote on this.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
You r right but, in my case there was no minister counsel present, but I don't think they will intervene in it, it's my opinion, but let's wait for the letter, and see how long it takes, every case is different in its nature and in documents, reference u giving above seems to me apply for appeal, none of the above options apply to my case,
Nobody says that your case will be appealed, and you even can't read the reference - there is no even a word to suggest YOU to apply for appeal.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
i did a little research and found encantado is right: i found this:-

Appeals at the RAD will be decided by Governor in Council appointees. It will provide an opportunity for most failed claimants to appeal a negative Refugee Protection Division (RPD) Decision. It will also be the venue for the Minister to appeal a positive RPD decision, in most cases.

All failed claimants and the minister continue to be able to ask the Federal Court to review a decision.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my approval letter today... Now will submit all required papers for Pr application inland processing. Hope for the best.

Toronto37

Jun 10, 2014
Any legacy claim ? im still waiting :'( :'( Applied sep 2012 no hearing yet ??????? plz guys any one still waiting or just me waiting by my self ????

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
I hope you get your hearing soon, most of us have been through this hard situation but you will overcome us as we did. try to reach your lawyer to call IRB and make sure you explain your situation properly. Reaching to local MP is also not a bad idea that worked for me.
wish you all the best!

Toronto37 said:
Any legacy claim ? im still waiting :'( :'( Applied sep 2012 no hearing yet ??????? plz guys any one still waiting or just me waiting by my self ????

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep calling them every 2 week and remind them that u r waiting for hearing since Sep 2012..hopefully they will issue u soon date. Good luck

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Toronto37 said:
Hey man. Fell bad you've been waiting that long.

Think you should call them, talk to your lawyer and even the mp. That's a long time you've been waiting.

Good luck.

purepages

May 2, 2015
Hi,,

I applied at Etobicoke office in Nov. 2012, and still waiting for hearing, everytime I call them, they tell me to wait. I have a work permit and have a full-time job, thank god that's easing up my pain of waiting, but I need to know what I should do to get my hearing scheduled. I want to travel to the US for work too, and I can't because of the hearing not scheduled yet.. please help with this

Thanks

Tigistu

May 9, 2015
Here is my time line of events:

-Sep 17, 2012 Made a claim at CIC office in Etobicoke
-Nov 3, 2012 PIF officially accepted by IRB

Since then, I have been waiting for my hearing date and not heard a thing until now.

I have called IRB few times and the only information they gave me is that it is waiting in queue for scheduling. I have also contacted MP office about three weeks ago and am still waiting for their response if they manage to talk to IRB on my behalf. They told me that it is relatively easy to contact CIC office and IRB office's door is general closed even for MP office.

I have also asked my lawyer if he can contact IRB for possible scheduling of my hearing given my medical condition (including doctor's note).

TOTAL WAITING TIME UNTIL TODATE= 2.5 YEARS (30 MONTHS)

Don't know what to do? and don't know where to go? and don't know who to ask? I am gradually dying from stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Very sorry that you are doing through this difficult times. Put some pressure on your lawyer to contact IRB and ask about possible schedule date. It is also not a bad idea to talk to your MP and have your concerns with them.

Stay positive and don't lose hope, you will overcome this!

Tigistu said:
Here is my time line of events:

-Sep 17, 2012 Made a claim at CIC office in Etobicoke
-Nov 3, 2012 PIF officially accepted by IRB

Since then, I have been waiting for my hearing date and not heard a thing until now.

I have called IRB few times and the only information they gave me is that it is waiting in queue for scheduling. I have also contacted MP office about three weeks ago and am still waiting for their response if they manage to talk to IRB on my behalf. They told me that it is relatively easy to contact CIC office and IRB office's door is general closed even for MP office.

I have also asked my lawyer if he can contact IRB for possible scheduling of my hearing given my medical condition (including doctor's note).

TOTAL WAITING TIME UNTIL TODATE= 2.5 YEARS (30 MONTHS)

Don't know what to do? and don't know where to go? and don't know who to ask? I am gradually dying from stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto37

Jun 10, 2014
Im in same Boat , applied sep2012 , and waiting for hearing , waiting waiting ,, been in contact with lawyer and he is speachless , if apply any where in Eu it wont take more than 6 month at most , plz guys share ur story of waiting ,