Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
these are the stories you can come up with a country of 330 million people .. dig from your own country to know how much you can find ...

stick to relevance here and post which are useful for Canadian immigration...
The US is my country, I'm embarrassed to say ... but I'm working on changing that! I won't post any more about the injustices and dangers in the US, but I think what I have said so far is useful for Canadian immigration. It it useful information for people who are considering whether to immigrate to the US or Canada. The US used to be one of the top countries for immigrants, but with the anti-immigrant sentiments and some extremely long wait times these days, many are looking into Canada instead. I have chatted offline with some Indian ICT workers who are here on H1 visas and immigrating to Canada because it would take them about 20 years to get permanent residence here!

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
With a sparse internet connection in a remote place in another third world (not my home country) where I chose to have the greatest adventure of my life, I purposely logged in now to congratulate a friend.

Congrats @gurpreet.ts! 21 days to PPR! At least my prediction (first week of Oct) is close enough, lol. I am so happy for you! See you in Ontario. :)

@tarunkapoor can't wait for an update on your CAQ and LMIA ;)

To all members of this thread, never back down down, never lose hope! We will all go to Canada. :)

Love lots,
Christy
Wow @gurpreet.ts, 21 days to PPR is amazing. Heartiest congratulations to you. :)

@iamxty - Even I can't wait for an update on my LMIA. :p

How about your application? Have you passed your medicals yet?

By the way, did you really call that third world? :confused:

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
The US is my country, I'm embarrassed to say ... but I'm working on changing that! I won't post any more about the injustices and dangers in the US, but I think what I have said so far is useful for Canadian immigration. It it useful information for people who are considering whether to immigrate to the US or Canada. The US used to be one of the top countries for immigrants, but with the anti-immigrant sentiments and some extremely long wait times these days, many are looking into Canada instead. I have chatted offline with some Indian ICT workers who are here on H1 visas and immigrating to Canada because it would take them about 20 years to get permanent residence here!
How are you buddy? :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
these are mostly fake news, if you dig deeper those persons who claim being a victim of racism could have retracted, these liberal medias only report when it is news worthy, not when retracted...
Sometimes these claims of racism are retracted, but very rarely, and often when they are, there are legitimate personal reasons such as the victims not wanting to press criminal charges and testify in trials, which can take years. Also, as a non-white American, I have personally been the victim of racism more than once, although thankfully not in such a violent or extreme way as those who were shot or assaulted. One reason I'm immigrating to Canada is because it is more diverse, tolerant, and liberal-minded than the US.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
How are you buddy? :)
Hey buddy! Good to hear from you after some time. It's been the usual with me - anxious waiting for OINP to reopen, staying abreast of other PNP and miscellaneous Canadian immigration developments to the best of my ability, busy at work, and trying to squeeze in as much French study as I can.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hey buddy! Good to hear from you after some time. It's been the usual with me - anxious waiting for OINP to reopen, staying abreast of other PNP and miscellaneous Canadian immigration developments to the best of my ability, busy at work, and trying to squeeze in as much French study as I can.
Good to know you're doing well. :)

I'm trying not to think too much about immigration. It really helped me kill my anxiety and worst headaches I had been having since last few days. I'll just accept what destiny is holding for me. :)

Keep working on your French though as I might need to take tuition from you in Canada. :p

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
In short, being proactive. :) Very good. :p
Maybe next week OINP decides to accept new applicants. It would be great for all my friends waiting for it. :D

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
In short, being proactive. :) Very good. :p
Maybe next week OINP decides to accept new applicants. It would be great for all my friends waiting for it. :D
From your lips to god's ears, as the saying goes!

How have you been, mi amigo? How have these first post-ITA days been going?

Reactions: andieangel

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
I'll add that I live in a small city with a university and multiple white supremacist and Nazi groups have posted flyers on and near the campus trying to recruit people. It's about every few months now that something with swastikas or phrases about preserving the white race shows up. I've been in this city for a while and in the region my whole life and this hasn't happened before the last year or so and it's scary.

One other point for those deciding between the US and Canada is health care. Honestly, that's my family's biggest reason for trying to move. Yeah, our cost of living is lower and there are perks to living here but it's a gamble. Any health problem can sink you even with insurance, and if the Affordable Care Act, even parts of it, are removed, we could go back to lifetime caps on coverage and becoming uninsurable due to bad health luck or whatever an insurance company can justify (you can even find cases from before the ACA of people denied coverage for surgeries because of things like irregular periods as teenagers!). As it is, insurance companies can and do deny procedures and medications regularly, causing patients to spend hours on the phone and costing them lots of money. All of that is also why the costs of applying for PR don't phase us. It's still about what we paid in health bills when I gave birth last year (the $4,000 per person out-of-pocket maximum for me, and I'm assuming it's thanks to the ACA that my daughter's costs were all covered, as I expected to spend at least $1-2,000 of her $4,000 OOP max) and the time spent applying is the same or less than I'd spend dealing with billing departments and insurance companies if one of us has a health crisis of any sort. My mother survived an aggressive cancer when I was young so I'm painfully aware of my own mortality and before a genetic test showed I hadn't inherited her genetic defect, I spent half my life thinking I was at risk of getting it too, which would result in having a lifetime of being uninsurable ahead of me. It's a really terrible feeling I don't wish on anyone.

When I took my IELTS, btw, I waited for my speaking test next to a man originally from India and he asked why I was there (awkwardddddd haha) and when I explained that I was trying to move to Canada he said he and his wife were doing the same (FSW and all) as a backup option to staying in the US. I would guess many are doing the same - it just makes more sense.

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
Yeah, exactly what will be the cut off this time? What do you think guys? I am guessing 430.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Absolutely spot on. I am in the exact same position - on a H1B and applying to Canada because by the time I get permanent residency I will be in my 50s.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
One other point for those deciding between the US and Canada is health care.
Another spot on comment. Earlier this year I went to the doctor and he asked me to get blood work, an Echo 2D and an X-Ray. The Echo alone cost me 2000 USD. The total out of pocket cost for me was like 3000 USD after insurance. Ultimately I was diagnosed with high cholesterol ffs. I could have flown to India and back and got the same tests done and still saved like 1500 USD. The entire healthcare system is an effing criminal enterprise in the US.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
One other point for those deciding between the US and Canada is health care.
Another spot on comment. Earlier this year I went to the doctor and he asked me to get blood work, an Echo 2D and an X-Ray. The Echo alone cost me 2000 USD. The total out of pocket cost for me was like 3000 USD after insurance. Ultimately I was diagnosed with high cholesterol ffs. I could have flown to India and back and got the same tests done and still saved like 1500 USD. The entire healthcare system is an effing criminal enterprise in the US.
That's another important reason I'm immigrating to Canada. Although the presidential election gave me the initial idea of emigrating from the US, I have since found many more reasons and keep finding more.

I had some difficulty scheduling my IELTS exam timely because many people here in New York are taking the exam for immigration. I lucked out because one person had cancelled, a staff member at the test center told me. That staff member also told me that since the election, so many people had been taking the exam for immigration. It certainly was crowded on exam day.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
From your lips to god's ears, as the saying goes!

How have you been, mi amigo? How have these first post-ITA days been going?
Hola! :p
You might say post e-APR now :)
I sent everything this past Tuesday.

Now the long wait starts :D

I've watch the OINP threads expecting more nominations and the notice of the stream re-opening, but it seems I was almost the last people to be nominated.
I really really want them to speed up, as your turn must come sooner than later.