+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 73rd Draw

giants

Sep 20, 2017
That's another important reason I'm immigrating to Canada. Although the presidential election gave me the initial idea of emigrating from the US, I have since found many more reasons and keep finding more.

I had some difficulty scheduling my IELTS exam timely because many people here in New York are taking the exam for immigration. I lucked out because one person had cancelled, a staff member at the test center told me. That staff member also told me that since the election, so many people had been taking the exam for immigration. It certainly was crowded on exam day.

I agree with you. I gave my IELTS in Canal St. NYC and it was packed with test takers. Very surprising.
CRS: 430 (waiting for spouse's WES eval report due 10/2 which [hopefully] should uptick the score to 439)
L:9
S: 8.5
R: 8
W: 7.5

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
That's another important reason I'm immigrating to Canada. Although the presidential election gave me the initial idea of emigrating from the US, I have since found many more reasons and keep finding more.

I had some difficulty scheduling my IELTS exam timely because many people here in New York are taking the exam for immigration. I lucked out because one person had cancelled, a staff member at the test center told me. That staff member also told me that since the election, so many people had been taking the exam for immigration. It certainly was crowded on exam day.
It amuses me how our reasoning is the same but the other way around, with me having wanted to leave years ago and the election being the last straw :) Either way, it's great that we have this chance!

We booked our tests at the end of January and the first test we could get was late March. I noticed NYC had much earlier dates (we checked because we were visiting there soon but the times didn't work out). Our center was very full too (and we had 3 tests total, because my husband and I had to switch off because of the baby and he took it an extra time to improve his listening score). They didn't say if that was a recent development or not but their usual check-in time was made earlier for I believe all 3 test dates and they had people who lived near the center take the speaking test the evening before the test, and for at least one test on one of two evenings before! The second time my husband was there they did make a friendly joke about him trying to leave "Trump-land" and he kind of laughed it off. We found it pretty awkward overall to be testing as an American, especially since we live in a conservative state so we weren't sure how the staff would feel since the assumption of us trying to leave was pretty obvious. We're also pretty sure my husband's first test had another American there and mine might have had one too.

I've said it before but I'd love to see IELTS data from the last 3 years (to cover the pre-election period) since they asked the country we were trying to immigrate to when we signed up. I really think that would be the best indicator of any increase in movement towards Canada since PR application data (like one news article tried to use to say nothing had changed) is so delayed by needing to take the IELTS and do an ECA before even getting into Express Entry.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hola! :p
You might say post e-APR now :)
I sent everything this past Tuesday.

Now the long wait starts :D

I've watch the OINP threads expecting more nominations and the notice of the stream re-opening, but it seems I was almost the last people to be nominated.
I really really want them to speed up, as your turn must come sooner than later.
Wow, you are fast. Congrats on the e-APR! Did you get the medical exam scheduled very quickly, or had you done it upfront earlier?

It seems that Ontario is working on the remaining and more complicated final cases. More of these people seem to be getting procedural fairness letters, so I wonder how much longer they will take to review.

Uhuumm

Jun 11, 2017
Wassup everyone, had a question to ask.

Like a lot of you on the board, I have also been waiting paitiently for the ITA for quite a while now.

I have all my docs. ready except the Medical.

I was waiting on a hopeful ITA and than go for medical as however.

My question is can I get my medical done now without having an ITA on hand ? Is it allowed, and if it is allowed, do I need to take any particular docs with me or do I just rock up to the doctors place and tell him to do it ?

Would they give any letter or paperwork regarding the medicals or how would they let Canadian immigration know that I have done Medicals.

Any help and guidance as always is much appreciated.

Good luck to all.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I agree with you. I gave my IELTS in Canal St. NYC and it was packed with test takers. Very surprising.
CRS: 430 (waiting for spouse's WES eval report due 10/2 which [hopefully] should uptick the score to 439)
L:9
S: 8.5
R: 8
W: 7.5
Ah. I took mine at the ILSC at 109 Nassau Street. I originally had only been able to book the July 8 test at Canal St but kept checking back on the registration page and two days later snagged the June 24 session at Nassau St when someone cancelled and that spot opened up.

Are you a Giants fan?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Wassup everyone, had a question to ask.

Like a lot of you on the board, I have also been waiting paitiently for the ITA for quite a while now.

I have all my docs. ready except the Medical.

I was waiting on a hopeful ITA and than go for medical as however.

My question is can I get my medical done now without having an ITA on hand ? Is it allowed, and if it is allowed, do I need to take any particular docs with me or do I just rock up to the doctors place and tell him to do it ?

Would they give any letter or paperwork regarding the medicals or how would they let Canadian immigration know that I have done Medicals.

Any help and guidance as always is much appreciated.

Good luck to all.

Yes, you may get your medical exam done before ITA. Call the doctors available in your country to schedule an appointment and tell them you would like to do an upfront medical exam. Most doctors allow it, but not all. Try the next doctor on the list if the first one doesn't.

See instructions from the CIC here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Get your exam before you submit your application

This is called an upfront medical exam. To get an upfront medical exam, contact a panel physician directly.

Once your medical exam is done, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you got a medical exam. Include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical they will give you an upfront medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

Attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone,

Ready for another weekend! Hope next week's draw will be bigger ;)
Congrats our friend @gurpeet.ts on your PPR, it was like Fast and Furious :)
Have a wonderful weekend everybody and have a rest before our Refresh party week :p:rolleyes:

PS: I've got positive confirmation on my FBI PCC, good luck to the rest who are eagerly waiting theirs :)
Thank you mate. Yes 21 days is super fast!

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
The US is my country, I'm embarrassed to say ... but I'm working on changing that! I won't post any more about the injustices and dangers in the US, but I think what I have said so far is useful for Canadian immigration. It it useful information for people who are considering whether to immigrate to the US or Canada. The US used to be one of the top countries for immigrants, but with the anti-immigrant sentiments and some extremely long wait times these days, many are looking into Canada instead. I have chatted offline with some Indian ICT workers who are here on H1 visas and immigrating to Canada because it would take them about 20 years to get permanent residence here!
immigrants into Canada yes specially ICT, once they get Canadian citizenship start their southward journey to U.S :)

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
In short, being proactive. :) Very good. :p
Maybe next week OINP decides to accept new applicants. It would be great for all my friends waiting for it. :D
Holy god!!! Please tell me you have that "lucky tongue" , whatever you whisper will come true. :):)

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Thank you mate. Yes 21 days is super fast!
Start establishing basic infrastructure and amenities to host "yukon party"
we will join when we land :) :D:D

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

Maybe deposing Trump from White house would aid in decreasing CRS. :D:D:D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Wow @gurpreet.ts, 21 days to PPR is amazing. Heartiest congratulations to you. :)

@iamxty - Even I can't wait for an update on my LMIA. :p

How about your application? Have you passed your medicals yet?

By the way, did you really call that third world? :confused:
No update yet. You'll be one of the first to know :)

You better get to Canada first so you and @gurpreet.ts can help me get settled in Ontario :p:D

By the way, did you really call that third world? :confused:
What should I call it then? Shall I call it paradise? Lol. My passion in photography has been awaken with the picturesque landscapes in this place! And oh boy, the people here are so welcoming. It just feels home. I might be coming back here soon! :):D

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
immigrants into Canada yes specially ICT, once they get Canadian citizenship start their southward journey to U.S :)
Yes even I had heard the same. Then one of my friend (an Indian citizen) told me that, though he was a Canadian Citizen, it took him 10+ years to get his US Green Card because his place of birth was India. That's awfully sad to say the least right.